K. Mihyun

MJY1: Jetáime

There’s a popular girl in Jeju named Kim Mihyun. She's known for her artworks and her talent in rapping. Everyday, students in her school from different grades were stopping by on her locker to stick a newly-picked flower from the school garden. Most of them are girls who kept leaving cards and letters with cheesy phrases, to confess their "feelings" for the blonde girl.

 

Mihyun is a nice student but she won't talk much with anyone excluding her friends. She avoided being friends with many of her schoolmates because she thinks that gossips would say she's using her popularity. Mihyun is also known to be the best performer in the university; as she has always been invited to parties and such occasions to perform. She’s basically a local celebrity.

 

After checking her locker, she closed it and made sure that no flowers are left in her locker. It's not that she hates them but she doesn't like the idea of having a locker filled with the annoying fragrance of fresh flowers getting dry as they were kept in the dark. The letters were on her bag. She's going to read them with Seunghee later.

 

Mihyun still likes the feeling of being admired. She enjoys it a lot and technically these letters made her closer to her friends.

 

"Mimi!" a voice called her and just before she could look back, her friend Hyejin already clung on her arm. Her friends had been calling her 'Mimi' ever since the first year they got together. "Oh, you don't have classes?" Mihyun asked as they continue walking.

 

"We don't have classes for the next five hours." Hyejin replied. Mihyun looked at her confusingly.

 

"There is an urgent meeting," Hyejin sighed and removed herself from Mihyun's arm before continuing. "You seem to be too much busy to even ask your classmates or-- your admirers.." Mihyun gave her a 'geez' look and she chuckled. "I mean, you should've asked your classmates, or Seunghee and Jiho. You really don't know what's happening to our school?"

 

Mihyun realized what Hyejin was talking about. So, the principals of Jeju Academy and Jeju Arts University have decided to merge the schools. The seniors would stay in Jeju Arts University campus while the juniors would move on the Academy's campus.

 

Mihyun really didn't like the idea since her sister, Arin, is still a junior and as much as she can, she's keeping an eye on her sister.

 

"Hey, what about you call the others and I'll wait for Arin to come out from her class?" Hyejin is referring to their routine on going to the empty arts studio.

 

Mimi nodded and departed to fetch her friends, Seunghee and Jiho.

 

"Have you brought them?" Seunghee is the supportive type of friend; always excited to read the letters from Mimi's admirers, she helps Mimi or maybe is the one who insists on finishing reading them.

 

"Haha, here you go." Mimi gave five letters to her friend.

 

"Oh, have you heard of Jeju A's top student?" Mimi's eyebrows almost clicked as she tries to remember her great classmate from middle school, Yoo Yeonju. She is also known for her intelligence and beauty. She's the perfect example for the famous "beauty and brain" phrase. They were so like best of friends before, but Mimi started distancing herself when the girl confessed to her. Mimi is sure that was just a puppy love. When they graduated, Yeonju entered the academy while Mimi attended the arts school. Mimi knew that Yeonju wants to be a famous artist someday; Other than that she thought Yeonju, or now the famous Yooa, just chose to take a step back from her dream, Mimi affirmed the latter hates her because of what happened.

 

"JinE will treat us?"Jiho asked and got a welcome hit from Mihyun. "Why do you always talk about food?" Seunghee supported Mimi's hit. 

 

"Psh. Anyway, Mimi.. my classmates told me that they will help me with my thesis if I give them your number." Seunghee choked when she heard Jiho.

 

"Wow, Famous Kim Mihyun" Seunghee teased and Mihyun swore to her mind she doesn't like that teasing but it's Jiho.

 

Jiho saw Mihyun's face and started rapping. "Gwaenchanchi anha sasil nan--" Mimi was about to hit Jiho again but the latter just cupped her face and Mimi swore harder this time, she can't resist the other girl.

 

"Stop it. You know I don't have a phone"

 

"Just act like you have one. Please?" Mimi can't resist Jiho. She nodded, Jiho is really a sneaky one.

 

"I should've done that too."Seunghee pouted.

 

 

"I was thinking of some activities we could do for welcoming new students from the closing school." JinE is a part of the student council.

 

"Throw a party!" Arin, the youngest suggested.

 

"Party won't do. Others might not come." Mimi said while chewing her gum. They're currently staying on their old studio room for their past time. The group of friends are in different ages and year. Hyejin is in her last year, while Mimi, Seunghee and Jiho are in their third year. Mimi is not in the same class with Jiho and Seunghee on some of their subjects, that explains why she needed to fetch them earlier. Arin, is in her second year.

 

The five students were in the same department. They were officers back then.

 

"No. A party would be great, unnie!" Seunghee exclaimed. "Don't mind the grannie there, a party is a cool one!" The girls laughed and Mimi chuckled.

 

"Yah, Kim Jiho, they're calling me 'grannie'" Jiho clinged onto Mimi's arm and sat beside the blonde Mimi. "My Mimi is not a grannie! She’s a grappie!" Jiho said and the room exploded with laughter.

 

"Ugh get off. I hate you" Mimi shooed Jiho, the others are still watching them. Mimi always looked after Jiho and Jiho does the same too. The reason why Mimi gives Jiho whatever the girl asks is because of something deeper for anyone to realize, or maybe they’re the only ones who doesn’t want to realize.

 

"You two really suit each other, why even decided not to date each other?" There, Seunghee opened the most mysterious topic among their group. The whole room got quiet. The question isn't offending, they are all bestfriends who do not lie to each other but neither Mimi nor Jiho spoke.

 

Hyejin found it really awkward and spoke. "Okay--" She was about to close the almost-opened topic but Jiho said "You guys got it wrong. There's nothing between us. Mimi and I are just.. so close to each other."

 

Jiho told them the truth but there really is something between them. They do sweet stuffs, they clung on each other, and share sweet moments just like what couples do. The friends keep teasing them but Mimi didn't even talk. She felt rejected.

 

----

 

"Kim Mihyun sunbae~ I really really like you! I'm from class 2-6, can you meet me later after class?"

 

"Your new dyed hair really suits you. Your smile that always glows is my strength. We are both Kim, but why do I still like you?"

 

"Should I laugh or what? Lol I'm also a Kim, they're getting cheesier.. ugh--" Jiho slammed the door as she sat next to Mihyun and Seunghee who are busy reading the sheets of letters from Mihyun's admirers. Mihyun couldn’t help staring at Jiho giggling, she does it all the time.. but this time, when Jiho glanced back at her, she looked away. Why does Mihyun feel so upset?

 

“Where have you been?” Seunghee asked.

 

“I bought snacks on my way here.” Mihyun heard Jiho’s answer and tried her best not to smile. Jiho really loves eating. It’s a cute thing about her.

 

Mimi tried to avoid Jiho's glances and delves around the room. They are in their last class, since the teachers told them there will still be classes after the 5-hours meeting earlier. As she counts the students inside, they were only 16 of them.

 

Maybe their teacher won't come. Mimi fixed her things and grabs her backpack.

 

"Where are you going?" Jiho asks. Seunghee's still busy with the letters.

 

"I don't think the teacher is still coming." She said while walking through the door.

 

When Mimi got out on the hallway, she heard loud noise from outside. She looked by the window and saw about 300 students in lines at the ground wearing the uniform from the other university. She was about to watch them but she noticed a group of freshmen running towards her.

 

She cursed by herself when she realized what's gonna happen and ran fast through the stairs. This always happens, especially when she's not with Jiho. Yeah, Jiho is somehow her guard. Everyone must be scared of Jiho.

 

Mimi sighs and winded, trying to catch her breathe as she reached the third floor.

 

They aren't following her anymore. Mimi noticed she was the only one in the hallway. Again, she heard the noise from below. She leaned by the metal and peeked down.

 

'Isn't it too early for them to move here?' She thought. On the ground were about 15 lines of students. Three-fourths are girls. And there is their great principal and some faculty staffs leading them. It seems they were giving the students their schedules.

 

Mimi found it interesting. She doesn’t know why but she felt excited having new faces around, although she doesn’t really look at her schoolmates.

 

There were some familiar faces she had seen sometimes when they are passing by the other school. She and Jiho sometimes walk together on their free time. Mihyun looked around once more but her smile vanished when she saw Yoo Yeonju.

 

"Mimi" The blonde was startled when she heard someone. She looked back and it was Jiho, with that cute smile again.

 

Mihyun looked away immediately. "Why are you here?" She asks her.

 

"Are you mad..?" The newcomer asks back and joined her. Mihyun couldn’t look at Jiho. She walked out of that room because she wants some fresh air and some time to think about her relationship with Jiho but the girl followed her.

 

"What are we? What are those sweet actions? Friends? Just.. friends?" Mihyun tried to sound casual, like she and Jiho always do, she’s worried she’ll make things more awkward between them.

 

Jiho sighed. "I told you already, everybody likes you, you're famous, I don't want to be hated." Jiho tried to hold Mihyun's hand but Mihyun didn't let her. She still feels upset.

 

She knows everyone is scared of Jiho. Why would Jiho be frightened by the unsure hatred from everyone? Anyway, Mihyun didn't want to force the situation.

 

"I'm sorry then, fine, let's continue being friends. And.. hm.. avoid being awkward, okay?" Mihyun said this while staring below them, glancing on a ponytailed hair girl wiping off the sweat on her face. At least, looking at Yeonju distracts her from the pressure with Jiho.

 

 

It has been announced that the Juniors will move in the other school's building while all Seniors will stay on their school. However, Mihyun and her friends would still do their routine on going in the studio to keep in touch with each other. In fact, all of them has connections.

 

The next day became like a first day again, everyone’s noisy. New students are looking for their classrooms. Hyejin is busy leading them and helping the students. Seunghee and Jiho were watching their noisy batchmates and making fun of them when there are those who can't find their rooms.

 

Meanwhile, Mihyun is still in her house. Her mom is sick so she decided to come to school late and help her mom. Arin came to school early because of the announcement. And she need to look for her new room.

 

She keeps thinking what would happen today. She will have Yeonju as her schoolmate again. Will she and Yeonju be friends again? Should she tell the others about Yeonju, or should she introduce her friends to her? How about Jiho? Why does she feel like cheating.. She spent the past night thinking about Jiho and Yeonju.

 

When she knocked to their room, she apologized to her professor for being late. She got lucky that it’s a new start for the school again and their professor let her in. "Oh, class. This is Kim Mihyun. All of you knew her already, right?"

 

Mimi scanned the room and all of them are looking at her, smiling. She smiled back but feels shy. She also saw Seunghee and Jiho. She may not know any of her classmates but she knows half of them are new. And there she saw Yeonju, she sat in front of the ones Jiho is tapping as if telling Mimi that the seat is hers.

 

Mimi's thoughts started to rise again. Yooa didn't even looked at her. Is the girl still mad at her? Maybe she had completely forgotten about her. Or maybe Yeonju just didn't notice her.

 

More than this, Mimi is also distracted by Yeonju's shiny hair and fair shoulder. She's bothered she might not be able to focus on all of their class. Yeonju wasn’t this attractive before. Mihyun would be staring more at the girl across her if Jiho didn’t pass a paper to her.

 

: The monster might see you

 

Mihyun immediately crumpled the paper because their professor might see this and they'll end up cleaning the library.

 

After class, Mimi and the two decided to stay on the room since they still aren't hungry.

 

Mihyun has Jiho sitting beside her. Jiho isn’t talking to her but Mihyun also doesn’t know if she should say something or not. It’s clear that Jiho had done her best since this morning to make things casual between them and it’s Mihyun who couldn’t go by their agreement. She sighed, having Jiho next to her is so hard especially when she could see how Jiho is smiling and giggling with Seunghee as if nothing happened yesterday.

 

"Hi!" A small girl with a bright cheeky smile approached Seunghee. Mihyun glanced at her friend and noticed how Seunghee looked very interested at the girl. Mihyun heaved a deep breath and shoved her face on her arms on top of her desk.

 

"Why won’t you answer her little shorty-“ Mihyun heard Jiho’s voice, she must be referring to Seunghee. Mihyun could imagine Seunghee being starstruck at the new girl’s bright smile.

 

"What shorty?!" Mihyun smiled and closed her eyes, listening to the conversation. The girl seemed to think that Jiho was referring to her. Should Mihyun excuse Jiho? Or.. not?

 

"Wait-- what?"

 

"Oh-- I'm sorry-- Hyojung-ah, she's not talking to you" Mihyun finally raised her head when she heard Yoo Yeonju’s voice. She saw her old friend patting the girl—Hyojung’s back. Yeonju looked at them one by one with an apology but Mihyun noticed how Yeonju stopped when they’re eyes met. It was only for a second but she knows Yeonju still remembers her.

 

Yubin was walking casually to the cafeteria. The hallway is still quiet because the classes are still going. She’s enjoying it until she saw a group of boys running and as they ran pass her, Yubin’s things fell down. She sighed and tried to control her temper.

 

"Aish. I should've just gone into a girls' school!" She exclaims and picks up her things. She tested her new pen but it isn't working anymore. Yubin sighed once again.

 

She finished picking up them and there's a girl standing in front of her. "Here." The girl lend her a pen, looks exactly like hers.

 

"I'm sorry about the boys. You're a new sunbae, right?" The girl's eyesmile is so cute for Yubin, she smiled and nodded. "It was my fault why they ran like that. So, here" The girl gave her the pen and left her.

 

"Thank you!" Yubin shouted but the girl disappeared already.

 


 

"Do you know them?" Hyojung asked as Yooa grabbed her outside the room after causing such ruckus earlier. The older of the two is still mad as she was tired of being called "shorty". It had always been her nickname in their past school. Hyojung admits she's short and Yooa said it's cute but she's disgusted because she knows she isn't the only short person in their town.

 

"N-No. But--" Yooa was cut-off when they heard loud chattering behind them.

 

"Seunghee, I really thought you're the only 'shorty' here!" Jiho came out of the room with Mihyun and Seunghee, laughing out loud, still can't get over on from what happened earlier.

 

Mihyun didn’t notice the two girls until Jiho stopped and that’s when she saw Yooa and Hyojung. Jiho continued walking, grabbing Seunghee's hand and she left a vigorous smile for the two. Meanwhile, Mihyun blushed as she exchanged stares with Yooa. Hyojung stared at them. For about fifteen seconds of the staring session, the memories that the two once bestfriends made came back to their minds. Mihyun regretted not looking away.

 

A few more seconds and her heart skipped a beat when she was pulled by Jiho. She couldn’t conclude of the reason why her heart did. Was it because of Jiho? Or Yeonju?

 

By their side, there’s Seunghee waiting for Jiho to pick up Mihyun but the girls just stood there. Seunghee could saw how intense the atmosphere was. Yooa was staring at Mihyun while the latter’s eyes are fixed on Jiho’s hand holding hers. What upsets Seunghee more is how Jiho is about to fight Yooa at how hard her friend looked at the new girl. Frustrated, and a bit shy to make a scene, Seunghee decided to grab Jiho along with Mihyun because it would be a worse first day for Yooa if Mimi's admirers noticed her.

 

"Mimi! Jiho! You’re both heavy, can't you just walk normally. Argh"

 

 

“What’s with your faces? You’re ruining my appetite.” Hyejin complained, placing her chopsticks down as she glanced at her friends’ faces. Mihyun shook her head and looked at her sister who’s busy with phone again. She stood up and takes Arin’s phone.

 

“Eat. I’ll call mom.” She said and left the table. She knew Jiho and her friends would be watching her walk away but she didn’t look back. She feels so uncomfortable with everything. Looking at her sisters phone, she saw the camera on at the screen and realized that Arin was taking photos of Jiho. She shrugged it off and decided to dial her mom’s number as she entered the comfort room.

 

A few moments later, she’s about to end the call with her mom when Yeonju entered. Mihyun had a few thoughts of talking to the girl but it’s like something is pulling her away from those thoughts. Yeonju turned around and left. Now it’s obvious that she’s avoiding Mihyun.

 

"Yah, Arin, you can't be here. Psh, just go to your school!" Jiho said, revolting.

 

"You’re just pushing me away so you could flirt with my sister!" Jiho rolled her eyes and the others laughed at them. Mihyun and Hyejin exchanged looks and the latter brought up a new topic. Mihyun sat next to Jiho. She reminds herself to not make things hard for Jiho. For the both of them.

 

"How's mom?" Arin asked Mimi.

 

The older dropped her bottled water and looked at Arin, "You, You should atleast prepare her medicine and clothes!" Arin pouted, "I woke up late, so I'm in a hurry" she said.

 

Mimi smiled. "But she's fine now, come home early.” Arin giggled and nodded at her.

 

"Hey Mihyun unnie, you know.. there's a pretty girl I saw earlier, I think she's in the same year as you."

 

"You know, there's a pretty girl beside you, too. Arin-ah" Jiho engaged to the two's conversation suddenly.

 

"Oh, shut up, Jiho." Seunghee said, rolling her eyes.

 

"What? I'm pretty, right?" Jiho giggled as she tuck her hair behind her ear.

 

Mihyun coughed. Arin sighed. Hyejin scratched her nape as she looked away. Seunghee rolled her eyes again.

 

"Aish. You guys are so friendly." Jiho said blissfully, a bit brooding. They started laughing again as they went down into a new topic. Mihyun saw Yeonju at the table across them.

 

She would once stare at the girl and then looks away when Yeonju catches her gaze. She wonder why Yeonju just ignored her earlier, why it feels like she doesn’t really know her anymore, and

 

Damn should Mihyun really keep on calling her Yeonju?

 

"Mimi, hey, yuhooo~" Hyejin clapped in front of Mimi's face.

 

"H-hm? Sorry, what is it again?" Mihyun, pre-occupied, got a look from her friends, like as if saying that 'what's into you'. Mihyun looked at her sister, and Arin realized she needs her help.

 

"Oh, well, JinE eonni said that the party was approved by the head, are you coming? Please come along so I can join too!" the youngest showed her eyesmile.

 

For the other girls, Arin's eyesmile looks cute but to Mihyun, it was scary. It just means 'Mimi eonni, I think there's something you need to tell me later'

 

"I-I'll go. Of course." She answered, leaning against the edge of the table. She looked at Jiho beside her who’s busy eating. Mihyun takes her handkerchief from her pocket and wiped Jiho’s lips. The girl smiled at her.

 

"Then you guys should prepare yourselves next week! Haha, I'll go now" Hyejin said and waved them a goodbye.

 

"I'll go now, too!" Arin said and waved at Seunghee, and then she looked at Jiho but received a "shoo", so she faced Mimi and kissed her sister's cheeks.

 

"Ugh, she's annoying." Jiho rested her elbows on the table with her chin cupped by her hands.

 

"You two look good together, you always fight." Seunghee teased. "But first ask for Mimi's permission." She added and giggled. Jiho glared at Seunghee. Mihyun laughed and held Jiho's head to make Jiho lean on her shoulder. It’s weird for Mihyun to think about Jiho dating Arin.. Although she noticed how Arin always tease Jiho, she couldn’t think of Jiho dating someone else.

 

Why would Jiho date someone else?

 

"Argh, I'm getting tired of your faces." Seunghee complained as she saw the two being sweet again.

 

 

Five days later, everything is still going fine. Jiho who's craving for Mihyun's attention, and there's Arin teasing her because Mihyun always looks after her. Obviously because they were sisters but no one in the school knew about it, only Jiho, JinE and Seunghee. Seunghee was also busy joining the two more awkward girls-- Mihyun and Jiho. In the past days, Mihyun noticed how Jiho became more showy now, and everyone in the school, including Mihyun's "fans" not "admirers" according to Jiho can see them. Mihyun hasn’t thought about what’s the status between her and Jiho again. She knew something has changed but her thoughts has been occupied by Yeonju recently. The girl is avoiding her and thinking about this saves Mihyun from the pressure between her and Jiho. Hyejin’s always busy with the school council but she still have time for her friends, every dismissal or after the club schedules. Arin comes by to their school building to join them too.

 

Mihyun was running late. She’s supposed to meet her clubmates but she happened to walk pass by the cafeteria so she bought snacks for Jiho. It’s a normal thing she does especially every after class. "Oh, sorry, I'm late. Is everyone present today?" Mimi walked fast to gather everyone to the center of the room. The girl in the table smiled and said "Ms. Yoo, she's the club leader, you'll just follow her instructions, that's all"

 

Yeonju was there. Jiho is also right there.. Mihyun tied her hair in a ponytail and walked towards Jiho.

 

"Is this mine?" Mihyun smiled, refering to the bottle, and held Jiho's hand, helping Jiho to stand up. She gave the snacks to the girl who surely loved it.

 

Jiho nodded with a smile. "Where have you been?" Mihyun shrugged and turned around to talk to her members. So yeah, everyone were smiling, blushing and whatever because Mimi is just in front of them. Mihyun clapped her hands together to get their attention. She discussed some of their rules and stuff.

 

She stopped when she saw Yeonju. But continued. She noticed Yooa kept writing, unlike everyone who were just listening. In the back of her mind, she felt excited. That feeling again, Mihyun closed her eyes for a second and looked away from Yeonju.

 

"So, you can go home now. And then, um, is there any new student here? I mean, from the other school." Mimi asked even though she knows Yeonju is one of them. But then, not as she expected, her old friend didn't raised her hand but the short hair girl next to her did.

 

Mihyun smiled. "Thanks guys. Let's meet tomorrow, again. Be sure to be here at this hour. And, the new ones, please stay. I have something to discuss with you."

 

Well, Mihyun can just talk to them tomorrow but she can't waste the chance.

 

Everyone went off, the others saying goodbye at Mihyun. Jiho insisted waiting for Mihyun.

 

"You should go home now, your mom will kill me if you come home late." Mimi said while looking for something on her desk.

 

"No." Jiho replied shortly and focused on her phone.

 

Mihyun took a glance at Jiho and smiled. Why can’t she stop smiling everytime she looks at Jiho. "Then I'll tell Seunghee to send you home."

 

Jiho pouted. "Why not you?"

 

Mihyun didn't answer anymore when she saw the two new girls standing across them. She faced the girls- Wait, no, she faced short-haired girl because she can't look at Yeonju. Something about their past makes her shy.

 

"The school asked me for some help. You already signed up the registration form, right?" Mihyun took this chance and decided to look at Yeonju now. The girl is busy with something in her bag.

 

"You should sign this too." Mimi gave them the papers that the teachers gave her.

 

Mihyun touched Yeonju's hand. It was soft and she wanted to touch it again. But she can't, of course. It’s like something is reminding her that Jiho’s right here with them.

 

The other girl, named Yubin, thanked her while Yeonju just started signing up on it. Mihyun saw that Yeonju wrote “Yooa” on her nickname. Should she also call her Yooa now?

 

"Thank you." Mihyun kept the papers in a folder and once again looked at the girls.

 

"Oh, and should I offer them this, Jiho?" Mihyun faced Jiho, and the girl whose eyes are on her phone replied. "No." which made Yooa and Yubin look at them weirdly.

 

"Here in the dance club we have some routines, we're setting some date, time, and place here in the school where we'll perform our routines to surprise our students and to make sure our club would be one of the most active club in the school."

 

The two nodded again, Mihyun smiled because she can feel the less-awkward-state between her and Yooa now.

 

"So, I'm offering I'll help you with these routines that our club has already practiced every club meetings, or whenever you want."

 

"But.. your friend isn't comfortable with it" Yubin said, where 'friend' could mean Jiho, or somehow, her friend Yooa, which isn't also comfortable. Mihyun glanced at Jiho but the girl is currently busy glaring at Yubin.

 

Mihyun found it interesting that Jiho is suddenly glaring at another schoolmate again but she didn’t like it when she saw Yubin smiling at Jiho instead.

 

"I'll just do it by my--" Mimi was cut off.

 

"Fine, I'll help you" Jiho dropped her phone on the table.

 

"Give me your numbers, Mimi doesn't have a phone. I'll just text you" She commanded.

 

Mimi wanted to ask Yooa but it seems that Yubin would be the only one to decide for them.

 

“You know, you should learn to calm down sometimes.” Mihyun reminded Jiho while they’re walking on the hallway. It’s already dark and usually, Mihyun would ask Seunghee to take Jiho home at times like this but their friend wasn’t responding to their text so maybe the girl is still busy with their club. Seunghee is the current leader of the singing club.

 

"I'll tell you when they texted me" Jiho smiled and pulled away from Mihyun’s hand but before she could do so, Mihyun pulled her in a hug.

 

After Jiho went inside the taxi, Mihyun started walking through the opposite road. She's been walking to her house everyday and she sets it as her exercise.

 

"Yeah. See you tomorrow!" She heard little voices at a distance and realized it was Yubin and Yooa. Mimi felt skittish for a moment and when Yooa got alone and started walking, a new realization hits her. It's her chance, again. So she walked, a bit faster than usual to reach for her and Yooa's distance.

 

"H-Hey" Mihyun called the girl.

 

"Hey" The immediate response from Yooa made Mihyun's heart feel heavy. It's still unsure why she feels like this but she surely misses her and she wants to talk. 

 

"Are you going home now?" Mimi asked, being the sillier of the two. She realized she stated the obvious. This reminded her of when she first started talking to Jiho. She always looked like a fool.. that's why the other girl always teases her.

 

"Hm, I guess." Yooa said and smiled at Mihyun but the girl didn't talk back anymore, kinda embarrased of her fool question, and they both walked, very uncomfortable.

 

"Anyway, how's your mom?" Oh.. That's right. Yooa knew about Mimi's mom being sick.

 

"She's getting better." Mimi said, quickly thinking of a new topic but Yooa already has a new one.

 

"I didn't know you have a sister." The doll-like girl said as they both turned left.

 

"Oh, I met her after we graduated. She's my mom's daughter." Mihyun remembered it was Arin who made it easier when she was alone taking care of her mom after she and Yeonju drifted apart.

 

"She's nice and loud. Just like Jiho" Mihyun added and chuckled. She noticed that Yooa frowned. Should Mihyun refrain herself from talking about Jiho? "But she's kind, just like you." She added again, trying to bring back the mood earlier.

 

"Everyone is kind, Mihyun" Yooa walked ahead of Mimi, while Mimi walked fast so she can talk to Yooa again.

 

"You're the kindest!" The blonde exclaimed making Yooa chuckle.

 

Mihyun started waking up early and unlike all the time where Jiho was the one waiting for her on the front gate but this time, Mihyun is the one to wait for Jiho. She decided to always wait for Jiho before going to their classroom. There may be some awkward things to discuss between them but they always go back to this phase.

 

"Wow, you're a little.." Jiho checked the time on her wrist and looked back at Mihyun. "Early today."

 

"Did you eat your breakfast?" Mihyun asked her as they walked through the hallway. Jiho smiled a little. 

 

"I wasn't too hungry but I'll eat later." 

 

Mihyun came earlier to school, obviously for a chance (again) to talk to Yooa but Yooa didn't attended the first class. She wants to ask Yooa's friends but everytime she tries, Jiho will come and talk to her.

 

"Should we ask Yooa to come along with us?" Mihyun heard Yubin whispering to Hyojung from her back.

 

"Nope, she said she'll go to their club practice-- You- Both of you." Hyojung.

 

"Ah~! I'll tell her that there is no practice today--" Yubin's been cut when Yooa came. Mihyun sat straight as she saw Yooa and waved at her. Mihyun sat back comfortably, knowing she's a little closer to Yooa once again.

 

"Practice? No practice?" Yubin was about to answer when the blonde girl stood up and shouted.

 

"T-There is!! And-- uh, We really need to practice everyday!!" Jiho hits Mihyun on the shoulder. The latter caressed her shoulder, Jiho really is a hitter sometimes and Mihyun doesn't complain.

 

"What are you saying? We need day-off too--" Mihyun panicked and immediately kissed Jiho's cheek to shut her up. Yooa might think she's weird for pushing a practice but it's her chance, chance to get closer to Yooa. 

 

"S-so, we'll go later on the club room." Jiho muttered. Mihyun saw Jiho placing her bag on the desk and rested her forehead against it. 

 

"Yubin and I need to go somewhere so we'll only be there for an hour." Yooa continued without looking at Mihyun and sat beside Hyojung again. Mihyun nodded eagerly, she's too excited about Yooa. 

 


 

"Let's gather and pair up! There are numbers here, all we have to do is to pick one randomly and you'll get your partner with the same number as you picked." Mihyun announced, she placed the bowl on the table and her club members started taking a number one by one. Because of the changes in the school, Mihyun had to divide her club members into two, her co-leader from senior year takes care of the other group so that they can still look after and monitor each member of the club.

 

"I don't wanna do this." Jiho sighed behind Mihyun. 

 

"You're not my partner, right?" Mihyun asked the girl but Jiho just walked away from her. Soon, she saw Yooa walking towards her. It suddenly excites Mihyun, is she her partner?

 

"17?" She asked and Yooa nodded. Mihyun smiled at her. 

 

They started practicing routines. Mihyun and Yooa has been conversing while dancing and it's a little progress between them. Mihyun still feels bad about what she did before and looking at how Yooa grown.. without her, Mihyun thinks Yooa became amazing. 

 

"So.. you still live with your brother?" Mihyun asked. She followed Yooa at the corner of the room where Mihyun assumed Yooa placed her bag at. They decided to rest after a few routines. 

 

"Yeah. Our parents will soon live with us after they settle things in the city." Yooa took a sip from her water bottle and Mihyun took her bottle from the table. Wait- Jiho.

 

Mihyun looked around the room but there was no sign of Jiho. She couldn't recall who was Jiho's partner. And worse, she couldn't remember where Jiho went after she left the table earlier. Mihyun immediately excused herself from Yooa and walked out of the club room. Jiho, where are you? 

 

Jiho's stomach is a little sensitive, she could be at the cafeteria. As Mihyun reached the cafeteria and didn't see Jiho anywhere on the tables, she started getting worried. Mihyun runs all around the building, she doesn't have a phone and she regrets it now. She used to have Jiho with her all the time so she never worry about not having phone. 

 

When Mihyun reached the fourth floor, she saw Jiho with a familiar face together at the hallway. They seemed to be talking. Jiho was with Yubin, Yooa's friend. Why are they together? Mihyun was about to come get Jiho but the two started walking away. 

 

Mihyun heaved a deep sigh. What's gotten to her lately?

 

 

"3, 2, 1, and swing." Mihyun commanded and her member followed. She held Yooa's forearms and Yooa leaned a little on Mihyun behind her. The club leader looked at the mirror to watch her club members do as they did. Her gaze followed the Jiho and Yubin pair, giggling against each other. Mihyun sighed.

 

"Alright! I guess we can call it a day." 

 

Yooa pulled away from Mihyun and Mihyun did the same. She takes her water bottle and glanced back at Jiho and Yubin again who looked like they're still having fun together. 

 

"Mihyun-ah, have you heard of the upcoming party?" Yooa caught Mihyun's attention with the question. 

 

"Yeah, actually it's my friend, JinE who proposed it. Are you coming?" Mihyun took her backpack and takes her face towel to wipe her sweat on her face and neck. Yooa sat on the table and hummed. 

 

"Yes.. you?" Mihyun bit her bottom lip and stretched her arms a little. By the reflection on the mirror, she saw Jiho sitting next to Yubin on the floor where they were practicing earlier. She was planning to ask Jiho to come with her but it seems impossible now.

 

"I'm not sure, I mean, yeah if the school admin wants me to but I would rather stay at home with my mom." Mihyun packed her things back in her bag and smiled at Yooa as she takes the girl's bag as well. 

 

"Let's walk home together?" Mihyun offered, Yooa nodded and they walked out of the room. It's been three days since Mihyun noticed how Jiho spends more time with the new girl Yubin.. and three days since Mihyun and Yooa became as close as they used to before. Jiho goes to school earlier than Mihyun again, if Mihyun adjusted her time early, then Jiho did it much earlier. It's obvious that Jiho isn't as interested as she used to with Mihyun now and Mihyun only noticed it. Maybe it's Mihyun's fault after all. 

 

And after all, they agreed to be.. just friends.

 

"Mihyun." With Yooa's call, Mihyun went back to reality where she's with Yooa and they're already in front of Yooa's house. 

 

"Yeah? Sorry, I spaced out." Yooa smiled at her and takes her bag from Mihyun. 

 

"I don't really come to parties.. but will you come with me? I'll introduce you to my friends too." Mihyun looked at the ground. Yooa is inviting her, should she say yes? For days she's been talking about chances to be with Yooa and here it is now. 

 

"Hm.. I'll tell you when I'm going." She smiled at Yooa and the girl smiled back, waving at her as she walked inside her house. Mihyun sighed after Yooa closed the door. 

 

 

"Hey kiddo." Mihyun called her sister's attention when she got in their house but her sister's busy lying down on the couch, eyes on her phone, as usual. Mihyun took Arin's phone and saw Jiho's texts. Arin rolled her eyes and sat up.

 

"Hi pabo, give me back my phone!" Arin yelled and glared at her older sister. Mihyun scrolled through Arin's phone and saw nothing but just Jiho and Arin talking about Yubin. 

 

"Why are you talking about that girl Yubin?" 

 

"I told you about her already." Arin quickly took back her phone and turned away from Mihyun. "She's that pretty girl from your class."

 

"Why is Jiho talking about her?" Mihyun sat on the spot where Arin's feet are and places Arin's feet on her lap. Arin looked at her and grinned. 

 

"Why don't you know? And why do you want to know?" 

 

True, why does Mihyun want to know? 

 


 

"Seriously Mimi, why would you wear jeans on a welcome party like this?" Seunghee said as she looked at Mihyun who didn't even think of wearing a dress for the party. The other day, Mihyun was told by the school admin to come and perform to the party, that's her call. She went to talk to Yooa and tell the girl that she's coming with her. Chance, it's what Mihyun wants, a chance to be with Yooa..

 

"B-but, Arin told me to wear anything that is comfortable." Mihyun pouted and glanced at Hyejin to ask for some help.

 

"Don't scold her, Seunghee. It's okay, Arin isn't coming?" Hyejin said while looking at her watch. 

 

"Arin will come later, she's scheduled to take care of mom for today" said Mihyun. Right now, Mihyun's eyes are busy looking over the crowd, Yooa asked her to come that's why she's here but the girl's nowhere to be found. 

 

"How about Jiho?" Hyejin asked, she took out a notebook, Mihyun guesses it's some kind of plan notes.

 

Speaking of Jiho, the girl still hasn't talked to Mihyun even before this party night. Arin is even more updated than she is.

 

"Jiho said she's not going." Arin told them. 

 

The hall is getting crowded now and in a few minutes, the school guard will open the school gym where the party will be held. Before Mihyun's friends get inside the hall, Arin took her sister's arm and whispered to her ear. "She'll be at the cafeteria if you want to see her." With that, Arin left her and Mihyun is left with Hyejin.

 

"Mimi, if you want to see her, call her." Hyejin takes Mihyun's hand and places her phone on her palm. 

 

Mihyun would, but who?