Chapter 1: Once Upon a Time

Today's a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please excuse my grammar.. T__T 

I hope you will enjoy reading this story.

Jiyong POV:

“Kwon Jiyong!!” I heard someone calling me from the outside of my room. And from the sound of it she’s really pissed.

Argh!!! I’m still so sleepy why the queen is calling me this early.

“Omma!!! It’s still early can you please let me sleep for a while?” I said shouting. I thought she leaves already but before I could visit the dreamland, I heard a bang, and that I notice my mother is walking towards me obviously not happy. I stand up quickly in the side of my bed and bowed to her.

“Don’t you dare shout to me young man.  I told you last night you need to wake up early to prepare. I don’t want to be late for the party in Park castle. The king and queen are expecting us to be there on time. Do you want me to call your father to wake you  up instead?”

I look at her immediately and saw a smirk from her. Aisht! Now my mother is smirking at me.

“Omma, can’t you see? I’m already standing I’m wide awake now. Why are you using that line everytime?” I said looking at her while pouting.

“Because you never listen to me. I know you will always say yes to your father. God, why did I ever spoiled you since you were a kid.” Omma said.

I bowed down my head. I love my parents very much and I don’t want them to be sad because of me. Though my father, the king, is a very strong man in front of his people, he’s always a good father to me and as a prince in Kwon castle; I need to follow them since I will be the next in line to be king.

  I felt that mom is walking towards me, and to my surprise she hug me.

“Jiyong, you know that we wanted you to be responsible. You already know that you will be the next king and to rule this kingdom. We want you to be a good leader to our people so that they will respect you the way they respected the king, your father. We want you to be prepared”

She said while hugging me. I pulled away and look at her. When I look at her she smiled to me sweetly.

“Omma, I’m sorry yes I know that. I’m sorry. I will never let you down. I promise to be a good son and prince to you.”

She smiled widely looking at me and I know that she’s happy on what she heard.

“I know you will not let us down son. Your father is so proud of you. You’ve been a good son to him. So now, please prepare. In few hours we will be leaving to go to the park castle. We already informed them with our arrival. “

She walks towards the door, but before she leaves she said something that left me speechless.

“Oh by the way, I almost forgot. The party in Park castle is the 18th birthday of their princess. You will be meeting your future wife.” She said winking and left my room.

Oh right, the arranged marriage with the Park princess. Why a prince does always needs to marry a princess. Is it not right to just marry someone you love, princess or not?

What if I don’t like this Park princess? I heard that she’s beautiful, but I never really got the chance to see her. Her parents never allow her to leave their castle. I once visited them with my parents when I was a child, but when we arrived I saw her running towards her room, I only saw her back.

I notice she has a long black hair that looks really soft. She has a white skin, as white as snow.

The Kwon and Park family have been friends since the Park kingdom helped the Kwon kingdom when we are being attacked by the east. Kwon is the ruler of the south while the Park is the ruler of the north and to seal their friendship they decided for an arrange marriage for me and their daughter 10 years ago. This will make each kingdom strong.

After 30mins of preparation, I went down and go directly to the meeting room. I saw my friends there waiting.

“Hey guys.” I said for them to notice me. When they saw me they all stand up and bowed to me. What the hell?

“What the hell are you doing?” I said looking pissed. I know that when you saw a prince you need to bow to them to show respect, that our people is doing everytime they saw the royal family, but of course, my friends are exempted. I told them not to do that if it just us.

“We are just showing our respect to the future king.” My right hand man TOP said. He’s older than me, and he’s the son of my father’s right hand as well.

“Hyung, I told you –“ but before I could finish someone bit me.

“Hahaha, we are just playing with you man. Don’t be mad. I know we don’t have to do that, but it’s just funny to look at your mad face.” Teayang said.

From the corner I saw Daesung and Seungri laughing. When they saw me looking at them, they stopped and get back to what they are doing. They're cleaning their swords, but I can see that their laughing because their shoulders are moving.

I sat down in the middle chair and look at them still pissed.

Teayang, Seungri and Daesung are the sons of dad’s trusted soldiers that were killed in the battle when our kingdom was attacked by the east. They fought together with my father, but unfortunately, because they swear to offer their lives to save my father, they shielded my father and they were the one who were killed by an arrow. The kingdom especially my father was devastated because he only not lost soldiers but also closed friends.

From then on, he to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter