1. Pie Eating Contest

Some Brewed Coffee (Maid Café)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter One

 

Funny thing is Son Chaeyoung never really anticipated that she would end up transferring herself in a public school in the middle of the school year. She had no other choice anyway, knowing that she was already on a tight budget and this school offered her a scholarship. She had to save enough money for her to go to a decent university in the near future; otherwise an impending doom awaits her.

She half expected the campus to be neat and orderly, as how it was advertised on the brochure, but everything screamed mess when she first stepped inside the hallway.

Some students, especially those who are timid and reserved, were being teased and harassed by the older students. She hated that - she hated those people who prey on the innocent.

On the corner, trash cans were tumbled over and on the walls were markings that weren't of any relevance - heck, names of what Chaeyoung assumed were stars were even written in terrifyingly bold red letters.

She knew she had to step up and change the game. Even if she was a transferee, she could do so much as an old student can just as long as she has the courage to do so.

"You!" Chaeyoung crossed her arms as she walked towards a group of students surrounding someone she thought of as the one being bullied. "Stop harassing her!"

A girl, whose blonde hair was tied in a tight bun on top of her head, turned to face Chaeyoung, and her brows shot up that it reached her hairline. Soon after, her group which was composed of two more individuals turned to Chaeyoung's way.

"Excuse me?" The said blonde asked. "What d'you say?"

She needs to wear her uniform properly, Chaeyoung thought. The girl had her blouse top buttons open and she had a choker wrapped around her neck, which, in fact, wasn't an appropriate thing to wear in school.

"I said, let go of her." The words seethed out from Chaeyoung's gritted teeth. She darted her eyes from the blonde to the one who was being harassed - she needed to save this poor soul.

"Momo, I think she wants to play with us too," said the girl on the left with dark shoulder length locks. She was the only one who had worn her uniform decently, and on her chest was her name tag that says, Im Nayeon.

Chaeyoung clenched her fists. Seconds by seconds she felt very much aggravated. "I play well, and if you don't let go of her you'll see hell for real."

"What the ?" The third girl, who Chaeyoung was so sure looked like a squirrel, loosen her grip on the girl they were harassing. She then crossed her arms in a smug manner before rolling her eyes backwards, "Oh c'mon guys, we still have to force dubu, dubu Dahyun here to do our homework. Let's not get distracted."

"I said I'm not going to do your homework, Sana!" Dahyun screamed.

Momo quickly grabbed Dahyun by the collar and pinned her to the wall. "Well you oughta - "

"I told you to let go."

Chaeyoung had grabbed Momo by the shoulder and yanked the latter to her. With arms that were trained to do Taekwondo and Judo, she lifted Momo from the ground and flipped the blonde to the side, with the latter crashing against the ground just seconds later.

Sana and Nayeon still had to process what they saw. When they finally caught a grip on what was happening they rammed against Chaeyoung with force. Chaeyoung was small, how can they not tackle such kid to the ground when both of them were taller than the said kid? It was pure luck that she had manhandled Momo earlier because the girl was caught off-guard.

They were wrong, big time.

The moment they created contact with Chaeyoung and their bodies, Chaeyoung grabbed both their arms and with quick reflexes passively used their energy to flip them backwards with such ease. Sana flung to the left, Nayeon flung to the right.

Chaeyoung smirked. That was the beauty of Judo, using the opponent's energy against them.

Momo who had regained strength stood on her ground and made a stance, "Why you little!" Sana and Nayeon joined her shortly after, following Momo's stance.

Before Chaeyoung could make a stance for herself, a yawn echoed throughout the lobby.

"What is this ruckus all about?"

Everyone turned to the voice and surprisingly, a girl with dark hair that curtained around her small face, stepped into the crime scene. She was shining, it was as if she didn't belong to this rundown campus and it left Chaeyoung to question the validity of the place.

"Mina!"

The trio scurried to this Mina's side and hid behind her. Sana had the decency to push Mina towards Chaeyoung, expecting fully well that she'd karate chop the newcomer's whilst chanting, Go Mina-chan!

"New kid?" It was all that escaped Mina's mouth as she stared down Chaeyoung.

Dahyun, who awkwardly stood on the side, ran towards Chaeyoung and hid behind her. She felt vastly guilty that this entire ruckus was started because of her. "Let's just go, miss." She whispered to Chaeyoung and slowly tugged on her arms.

"And who might you be?" Chaeyoung scowled under

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter