Final

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘I missed you’ A chaste kiss on the lips silenced Mirae, who trembled at the sight of a dishevelled Kyungsoo. Alcohol combined with sweat and most notably the slight floral scent that certainly did not smell like her husband. He smiled at her, eyes wincing, unaware of the impending storm that was brewing.

The second time Kyungsoo stumbled into their residence; Mirae was close to confrontation however the shadows beneath his eyes and the sheer aura of tire that resonated from him stalled her. He kicked off his shoes, not bothering to line them up like he usually does as he loosened his tie and moved slowly towards the kitchen Island.

‘I missed you’ He voiced once again, yet this time there was a painfully obvious note of guilt in his voice.

The third and final time, Kyungsoo unabashedly sauntered into their home, tie loosened and lipstick smudges stark against his neck. Mirae waited for the habitual greeting but the cue was missed. With a heavy heart she raised from her seat, work abandoned and slowly walked towards the drunken mess who fumbled for glass.

‘Can we talk now?’ Kyungsoo whipped around, eyes sparkling with a myriad of emotions. Once upon a time she could instantly tell what he had been feeling; once upon a time he would have known exactly how to comfort her and wipe away her tears, and yet now they both just stare at each as if this is the first time they have seen each other, as if they don’t know each, as if they are s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter