A million roses.

I Think I Saw Love

C H A P T E R 3 5: A million roses.

 

Kibum watched with admiration, as Jonghyun stepped onto the small stage and started his performance.

His outfit – Kibum wished that he was able to say that it was different from his typically clothing, but he actually had no idea about what Jonghyun usually would wear (seeing that he just had gotten his eyesight back earlier that morning). He had gotten quite a decent impression when he had been in a physically contact with his boyfriend, however – consisted of black; black tight jeans, with a fitting black shirt as well as black boots. As jewelry was he wearing a pair of shiny necklaces and a black leather bracelet.

But what actually caught the younger’s attention was the little round mole that was exposed on his chest.

Jonghyun rapidly introduced himself for his audience who gave a round of applause and cheered for him to get started. The atmosphere was high and people were seated by their tables with a drink to keep them by company – all of their attentions were in the meantime directed towards the stage, where Jonghyun was standing with a big smile planted onto his pretty face. He hastily scanned the people in the room, until he found Kibum near the bar where he earlier had left him standing.

Their eyes locked for a moment and Kibum smiled tenderly at him – almost causing his heart to melt into a puddle for a short moment of time.

The first song, which Jonghyun started out with, was very catching; it was not about anything exact, but it was catching however and Kibum liked it. The following songs though, got to a greater extent more emotionally as well as personally as time it passed.

And as Jonghyun introduced the last of his songs...

“The last song for tonight is dedicated for the person that means most to me—”

...Kibum did not blame him for his choice of words – admitting that he was dating another boy would most likely, be able to ruin his future career. But even though Kibum did not blame him, he could not stop himself from feeling just a little disappointed, however. 

 “—my boyfriend Kim Kibum. I love you.”

And as Jonghyun uttered these exact words, as the light dimmed, as the music started playing, as his beautiful voice filled the little but cozy bar...

 

Without any hate,

Only when I give love without holding back,

A million flowers will bloom.

Then I may return to the blooming starland I miss.

 

A long time when I arrived in this world,

I heard a small voice telling me to give love.

 

A flower that blooms when I love,

I was told to bloom a million flowers.

Only when in true love,

The rose of love will bloom.

 

What is true love?

I wept distressed.

Many people have separated,

What a sad world.

 

Even though everyone has left,

I will continue to love.

The one I’ve missed so much,

Came from a star to see me.

 

Hmm, oh ~

Hey ~ OH ~ Oh ~ hmm ~

 

A million flowers will bloom.

Then I may return to the blooming starland I miss.

 

After a long time passed,

Giving everything, even one’s life.

Appearing out of nowhere like rain,

Such a love held me in arms.

 

...Kibum was certain that his heart was going to be burst from all the emotions he was feeling.

He was not aware of what was happening after that, everything seemed to be in a blur, and it was not until Jonghyun was standing in front of him, with a bouquet of red roses, that he figured that he was shedding tears. The elder in front of him was sending him a worrying look and just as he was about to question him what was wrong, Kibum threw his arms around him, hugging him, embracing him as if he was clinging onto his dear life.

“I love you Jonghyun. I love you so freaking much!”

Jonghyun had felt horrible when he saw Kibum crying for some reasons he did not know of, but as these words were spoken out loud he felt himself calming down again. He smiled and returned the hug – wrapping his arms around his petite waist and burying his head in the crook of his neck.

“Is that why you are crying, silly?” Jonghyun chuckled into his neck.

As Jonghyun did not obtain any answer, he straightened up and faced Kibum with questioning eyes. The younger boy hastily dried his eyes with his sleeve and sent him a tiny smile as he nodded, lost for words that fully could fit his emotions.

Jonghyun accepted the fact and handed him the bouquet of red roses, which he safely had been holding in his hand during their hug.

“I love them,” Kibum muttered, his smile growing an inch as he took a deep breath and smelled them.

“I am glad you do Kibum,” Jonghyun answered with a huge smile just by watching his reaction.

They hugged again and Jonghyun placed a soft kiss on top of the younger’s lips.

“Um, Jonghyun I am really sorry to ruin your little moment again but—” Jonghyun turned around with a small growl, by the sound of his manager, who just continued talking, once he figured that he had his attention. “—your sister just called me, since she could not reach you on your own phone. She told me that there was some trouble with your dad again and she suggested that you and Kibum maybe could go to her place for tonight...”