Stranger.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 1 5:Stranger.

 

After the bathroom incident a couple of days ago, Kibum haven’t been able to avoid the fact that things between him and Jonghyun had started to turn a little bit awkward—not to say much, actually. He didn’t know why  it was like that, to be honest, but the awkward Jonghyun was acting kind of cute, almost like a love struck teenage girl would act when she was around her beloved: clumsy, nervous, hesitant and laughing at all the awkward moments.

But all this didn’t sound like Jonghyun at all did it now?

Kibum sighed frustrated and buried his face into the palms of his hands even though there wasn’t anyone around to see it, since he was sitting alone in his room as he so often did when Jonghyun wasn’t around.

He didn’t know what to believe—he wanted to believe that Jonghyun’s strange behavior was caused by him, that he really had an effect at the older. But who was he kidding? Jonghyun had without any doubt, already made it very clear for him that he wasn’t interested in boys.

The sad thing was that even though Kibum barely had known Jonghyun for a month, did the boy still mean the world to him: Jonghyun might have an actually life to return too as soon as he would be released, but Kibum had nothing, beside Jonghyun (as a friend who couldn’t stay by his side forever) and a cousin in Daegu, who was about to getting married and be a father and all that—he would feel awful if he had to crash by him and ruin his life.  

A knock was heard at the door and Kibum habitually looked up from his hands and towards the door in confuse.

Jonghyun never used to knock?

He heard the door being opened and a female voice approached him: “Kibum-sshi, you have a visitor.”

* * *

At the other side of the wall was Jonghyun sitting in agony. He knew he had to leave sooner or later (before he had meet Kibum he had hoped it was more sooner than it was later), but now that he just had been told that he could get his surgery done by the 21th of September – which to be honest was in less than a week already – he didn’t know what to feel about it, which was a big fat lie.

The truth was that he didn’t wanted to leave Kibum, and he knew it.

What was he going to say to Kibum? How would he react when he figured out? Jonghyun had noticed the many cuts, bite marks and nail scratches that were covering his left arm, when he was bathing him the other day—he just choose to keep his mouth shut about it, even though it in reality worried the out of him.

 “…Appa?”

He really likes Kibum doesn’t he? And apparently a pair of feline eyes had to make him realize it.

“…Appa?

Oh the irony. It is Kibum who is blind, but it is Jonghyun who couldn’t see the love (didn’t wanted to admit it, whatever).

“…APPA!”

Jonghyun eventually returned from his thoughts with a little surprised leap as he hastily turned his look towards Taemin, who was sitting in his own bed and staring at him with a grimace planted onto his face. “What were you thinking at just now?” He asked in a teasingly tone.

He blinked some few times and opened his mouth just to close it again as he didn’t know what to answer. “Was it something about umma, maybe?” Taemin suggested and Jonghyun felt like he just has been caught with his hands in the cookie jar.

“Why—why would I—why do you think—” Jonghyun started out, but was quickly cut off. “—because you just mentioned his names at least 3 times as you was sitting there stupidly and staring at nothing.”

“Oh,” Jonghyun muttered just as stupid, and scratched the back of his neck thoughtfully.

“Yeah oh,” Taemin repeated and looked at him. Jonghyun looked back at him; he had a white blanket wrapped around himself and he looked tired. Way to tired, when you were comparing it to the fact that he used most of his time sleeping. “You like him, don’t you appa?”

Jonghyun didn’t know if he was ready to admit it to anyone, seeing that he just admitted it to himself some few minutes ago. Nonetheless, he gave the boy a slightly nod and breathed heavily as he looked away, stunned.

He felt Taemin shift restlessly. “Appa, I—I know that this is new to you as well, but connected to a boy liking another boy…” Jonghyun used the short break in between the sentence to turn his gaze towards him, curiosity probably written all over his face, as he waited for Taemin to continue. “…I was just wondering if there is something you guys have been hiding for me?” He finally blurted as they got eye contact.

“Huh?” Jonghyun expressed confused and eventually used a moment to think about it.

Taemin sighed and looked down at his hands. “It’s just that the other day, when you was with umma as usually, I woke up and I heard Minho’s – your friend Minho – voice.” Jonghyun gulped finally remembering the secret. “He was holding my hand tightly and saying that—that he missed me, loved me and that he never intended it to happen. It was clearly he thought I still was sleeping and—and I just didn’t dare to question him as he kiss—kissed my forehead and left. Do you know – maybe – do you know what he was speaking about? I—I don’t remember anything.”

Jonghyun felt like sulking all of a sudden. They were just sitting and talking about his likings to Kibum, and Taemin just had to ruin it by changing the topic. A seriously topic nevertheless, but the problem was that Jonghyun sincerely didn’t knew what to answer—most of all because all he could think about this moment was Kibum.

 “Tae—Taemin-ah, I don’t know what to say, but trust me when I say it’s complicated. Both of us have to figure out of our problems by ourselves,” Jonghyun said and he couldn’t prevent himself to put on his caring puppy eyes as he looked at the other.   

Another sigh left Taemin, before he a smile tugged into his lips and he shook his head. “It’s okay. Just go and see umma already. I will wait.” 

Jonghyun almost jumped of the bed, ready to go. “Are you sure?” He asked out of manners.

“Yes, I am sure. We can always talk about it later, but right now it’s obvious that you’re trembling to see him—and I understand that, so just go.”

“Thank you Taemin. I still don’t know if I actually is going to admit it right away, but at least I want to see him,” he uttered and hugged the younger. Another ‘are you sure’s left his mouth as he made his way over to the door, feeling a bit bad to be leaving so sudden. 

He finally got to leave as Taemin luckily didn’t had any further objection, and happily he makes his way over to Kibum’s room. He grabs the door handle and angles his head inside. “Ki—” he cuts himself off when he sees a stranger standing, embracing his Kibum and eventually planting a bittersweet kiss onto his Kibum’s forehead.

 

What the was this supposed to mean?

 



 

 

A/N: This is probably the longest chapter for this fanfic! And even though it isn't the greatest update, I am still very satisfied with myself, that I got to update today (when the clock was reaching 10:00pm and I only had few 200 words + I'd wanted to write at this chapter for the whole day - well, lets just say I was about to give up xD) But now! 03:12am I finally have a chapter for you guys!

So, I hope you find it decent ~ 

 

Subscribers and sub are loved <3

(Because, then I know that someone actually is reading and loving my fanfic)

 

~ Legende ^__^v