Promise

Over and Over Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Solji steps into the apartment after a long day at work. She lives with her girlfriend, Hyojin, in a rented apartment. The last thing Solji needs after a tiring and draining day at work is coming home to a messy apartment.

 

Solji works two jobs a day, from dawn to noon, and then from noon to evening. Solji works hard just so that she can support herself and Hyojin. Apparently, Hyojin doesn’t work at all as she is spoilt since young. She can easily get money from her parents, but Solji wanted to be independent.

 

Solji puts a hand to her forehead as she enters the apartment. There were empty beer bottles on the coffee table, spillage of god knows what on the floor, empty snack packets everywhere, and Hyojin on the couch reading a magazine.

 

“Babe, you’re home!” Hyojin tosses the magazine on the floor and walks to Solji. She wraps her arms around Solji’s waist and brought her in for a hug.

 

However, Solji isn’t in the mood. She pulls away and places her bag on the side table at the door. “What is all of this?” Solji points at the living room.

 

“This?” Hyojin turns to the direction Solji is pointing at. “My friends came over this afternoon, remember?”

 

“Yeah, I’ve clearly told you to tell your friends not to make a mess out of the apartment!” Solji is about to flare up, but tries to control herself.

 

“Look, it’s not a big deal, okay? I’ll clean up.”

 

Solji ignores that and heads to the bedroom, which gives her a bigger headache. Hyojin has clearly forgotten to flush the toilet bowl, and their blanket are on the floor, bed clearly not made.

 

“There goes my rest time.” Solji thinks to herself and purses her lips together.

 

“AHN HYOJIN!”

 

Hyojin pokes her head into the room, “yes?”

 

“Did you not make the bed?”

 

“Err, as you can tell, no?” Hyojin walks over to her girlfriend and her arms up and down, “Hey, what’s the problem? Are you okay?” Hyojin begins planting kisses on Solji’s neck which made the taller girl pull away.

 

“Hyojin! I’m not kidding! Why can’t you just do whatever I tell you to? Keep the apartment clean, make the bed while I’m at work? You didn’t even flush the damn toilet bowl!”  

 

“I didn’t? Oh, well I thought that I did! C’mon babe, let’s go out for dinner.” Hyojin wraps an arm around Solji’s shoulders but the girl yanks it off.

 

“We’re not going for dinner until you clean the apartment.” Solji says in a firm tone. She throws her bag at Hyojin and goes into the work room.

 

Hyojin thought that cleaning the apartment was going to be easy but it is way harder than she expected. Not even does she need to clean the garbage but also make the smell of alcohol and food disperse. She didn’t know how Solji does it.

 

After reading some emails from her higher ups, Solji turns off her laptop and goes to the living room, in hope of seeing a sparkling clean living room. But to her dismay, nothing changed. Still the dirty and messy living room and bedroom. But this time there was a sleeping Hyojin on the couch on top of all the mess.

 

Solji purses her lips and sighs for the nth time today. She takes her bag into the bedroom and starts packing her luggage. She had enough of Hyojin’s playful attitude and how she never takes her seriously. Solji had enough on her plate.

 

After packing her luggage and all her belongings, Solji leaves the housekey by the coffee table and a letter for Hyojin.

 

“I will miss you Hyojin.”

 

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

 

Hyojin wakes up from her nap and curses herself for falling asleep instead of cleaning up. She sits up and tidies her hair before tying them up into a pony tail.

 

“Solji?” Hyojin walks to the kitchen but no trace of Solji. She decides to get changed and start cleaning for real. She knows how much Solji hates messiness. She always likes the apartment to be sparkling clean.

 

Hyojin opens their closet and finds that Solji’s clothes are all gone. She looks up and notices her luggage is not there anymore. Hyojin panics and runs out of the bedroom to see if Solji left anything for her.

 

And there it is, Hyojin finds the letter and keys Solji left behind.

 

Hyojin, I’m tired. I can’t live with you anymore.

I love you but I ing hate you.

Leaving was the only option I can think of.

You ed up, again, for the umpteenth time.

And I’m done.

 

Hyojin is devastated, she didn’t think Solji was for real this time. She left her.

 

“HEE YEON!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter