Dating is Prohibited

No Dating

Seungcheol stretched his arms, it was way too early to go to the practice room, but being the leader, he had to show a good example to s. He ruffled his hair and took a big yawn as he was about to reach for the door. He was groggy and all he wanted to do was sleep in, but the responsibilities of a leader always weighed more than his own leisurely needs. Suddenly, he heard two voices inside the practice room. It wasn't anything new, he would always find a few members early but it was really odd to hear Jihoon and Minghao closely talking to each other.

Seventeen is close no doubt about that, but it was rare for Seungcheol to find them a little too close to each other. His curiousity peaked, he looked to his left and to his right before leaning in to the door with his ear pressed firmly. 

"You called me out so early, for advice?" Jihoon was surprised, his brows were up as he found his dongsaeng nodding in response. "I'm not good with giving advice though." He trailed off.

"No, you see, hyung.." Minghao responded, "I think you're an expert."

"An expert on what exactly?" Jihoon thought that Minghao was interested in composing or producing, he waited for his dongsaeng to explain as he propped his elbow on to his thigh. 

The two were seated on the floor, quietly in the corner.

"Dating." Minghao said in a simple manner.

Seungcheol was about to burst out laughing but he knew he shouldn't be so loud. His presence was still unknown to the two and it was quite interesting to listen in. But something bothered the leader. Minghao? Dating? He thought. There was an unpleasant feeling inside his chest, the laugh he gave off now turned into a sulking pout. Why does he feel so upset about it? 

"Dating?!" Jihoon's small eyes widened in shock. "I'm the worst !"

Minghao shook his head, he begged to differ. "Do you think Mingyu keeps secrets to himself?" Minghao asked, "Of course I know about your relationship with him."

Jihoon looked like he was about to burn down the whole city. Minghao looked at his enraged hyung and he found it to be so laughable. While Seungcheol who's still on the other side of the door continued to listen in, he also knew about Jihoon and Mingyu's relationship. It wasn't really a shock to Seungcheol when Mingyu told him, especially when before the relationship even started, Mingyu would always talk about Jihoon.

"So... What do you want to know?" Jihoon gritted his teeth, he massaged his temples ever so slowly to ease his fuming anger.

Minghao being a blunt person, he immediately asked, "Did it hurt when Mingyu entered you?"

Jihoon's ears immediately turned red, "Wha- Why are you asking such things?!" He exclaimed, "Are you seeing someone?!"

Seungcheol's big eyes widened even more, his palms started to clam and the hurt in his chest continued to twist all the way down to his stomach.What was Minghao thinking? Is he in a same- relationship? Is he on the receiving end? Seungcheol was shocked to say the least, of all the people, why did Minghao want relationship advice? and why didn't he tell him about it first? The leader felt hurt and betrayed, he was so close to Minghao and he thought that maybe there was something between them, but Seungcheol guessed that he was the only one who was hoping for something more.

"No.. I mean, not yet." Minghao clarified, "I just think he would be the type to give."

For the sake of his dongsaeng's curiousity, Jihoon wavered. "It did." He looked up to see Minghao's worried face, "As long as you are well prepared it wouldn't hurt so much."

"Is that so..." Minghao's face immediately lit up, "Then can you tell me what do you do during dates?"

"Hmmm" Jihoon inwardly gave a sigh of relief, finallly a normal question for him to answer, "We usually just hang out anywhere. We go to the movies or the mall, it depends."

"Do you hold honds during those dates?" Minghao looked shy at this point, Jihoon looked at his dongsaeng and chuckled. 

"Well.. discreetly." Jihoon said, "He would always hold my hand recklessly but from time to time we do."

"I see.." Minghao smiled. 

Minghao is usually frank, to be able to see him so giddy, it was like a breath of fresh air for Jihoon.

"You must really like this person, I mean.. you came to me for advice." Jihoon emphasized.

"I do." Minghao said proudly, "He's really caring and helped me be comfortable with my surroundings. He is also supportive and you can rely on him even though he is stupid sometimes. I thought that maybe these feelings that reside in me were admiration, but through time, I became a bit selfish and I want to be with him all the time and then I realized, I like him."

Upon hearing this, Seungcheol was lost for words. How did it slip under his nose? He didn't know about Minghao's feelings, much less know about the guy. Who was he? Since when did Minghao like him? He wanted to know but at the same time he was scared. He didn't want to know, what if the guy was better than him? I mean, he already sounds like he was better than him in his ears. Seungcheol furrowed his brows together as he thought of his own aspects. Seungcheol cared for Minghao, he made him comfortable, he was supportive and he was always there for him. So why is Minghao going off about some great guy and not him? Seungcheol thought.

"You must be quite serious about the guy." Jihoon nodded.

"I am." Minghao smiled.

"But does he know that you like him?" Jihoon asked, at this point, Jihoon caught on about the guy. "I mean, he's not really a bright guy."

"He is too slow, he is usually dumb and he is careless when it comes to other peoples belongings." Minghao looked frustrated, thinking about him also gave him a headache.

"YAH!" Seungcheol finally made his presence known, how dare Minghao talk bad about someone while smiling so brightly? Minghao looked so in love and it didn't swing well for Seungcheol. "May I remind you that dating is not allowed? We're still new idols, we can't date in such a crucial time in our careers!"

"...."

"...."

Seungcheol was greeted with silence and indifference.

"But it's okay if Mingyu and I date?" Jihoon raised a brow.

"That... That's different." Seungcheol stammered a bit. He knew that if he didn't allow for the two to date, Jihoon and Mingyu will continue to date anyway.

"Let's go Jihoonie hyung." Minghao stood up and straightened his clothes, "I'll treat you to breakfast."

"Well, anywhere is better than here."

Jihoon shrugged and followed Minghao to the door, completely ignoring their leader.

"Y-Yah!" Seungcheol helplessly looked at the two, "Don't just ignore me!"

"Seungcheol hyung, you're so noisy early in the morning." Minghao said over his shoulders before they took their leave. Seungcheol gritted his teeth, he wasn't about to let the two get out of his sight. He hurriedly sprinted over to the door, he was ready to open when he heard Minghao's voice.

"Do you think he knows?" Minghao asked.

"Seungcheol hyung?" Jihoon sneered, "That's impossible."

Minghao gave a relieved sigh, "I guess you're right. Seungcheol hyung is too dumb to know that we were talking about him."

Seungcheol was about to burst open the door, when the words that came from Minghao's lips processed his mind. Seungcheol's pale skin turned pink, his mouth turned dry and his heart continued to pound inside his chest. The painful feeling was immediately gone as he was overwhelmed with happiness and embarrassment.

"... I guess I can overlook a member dating this time.." Seungcheol gulped as he stood in the practice room all bu himself.


AN: Let this ship rise because they have cute moments together I'm crying ;o;