Final

Reason

{2.2k}

***************

 

No, he does not like this. He didn’t like this at all. He has tried almost everything and he even thought he should burst into tears, just to have someone look at his direction, just to get someone’s attention but they did not even turn to his way. It is as if they never heard him, or see him or thought he even existed and that hurt him a lot. It had pained him to being ignored like this.

All the other members are so fixated on something. He even tried the flipping bottle challenge, rather loudly he might add, because that always catches their attention especially Taehyung since his ultimate goal in life is to be better than Jungkook at something even if it is just a mere flipping of a bottle. Unfortunately, it didn’t even catch Taehyung’s eyes.

It is as if he never existed in this group.

 

“KYAH HOLLY HOLLY COME HERE LET HOBI HOBI GIVE YOU KISSES!” Jungkook hears Hoseok squealed with that high-pitched voice of his whenever he does aegyo. Jungkook saw Holly ran away from him as if the dog knows that Hoseok would probably crush him into a hug if he ever puts his hands on Holly.

“Don’t run away from me, Holly!” he cries while running to get her and Holly immediately runs faster away from Hoseok. Jungkook could only sigh at the pathetic sight while sipping on his water bottle that has been flipped for over twenty times now.

The dorm had turned upside down as soon as Holly comes into the door. Yoongi literally run to the door and Holly jumps onto him, making the elder fall onto the floor and laughs while hugging Holly. Yoongi’s brother apparently have an interview near their dorm and he decided to bring Holly along and visit him since Yoongi keeps bothering the elder to give pictures of their precious Holly. The other members are fascinated with the arrival of Yoongi’s recently adopted dog but they are even more fascinated by how the member that rarely does cute things by his own will, dropping his guard down as soon as Holly come running to him and that made Jungkook upset.

And no, he is not jealous!

He is not jealous on some… dog!

“Yah, Holly doesn’t want you! Stop forcing him to like you!” Yoongi scoffs as he scoops up Holly and the cute abominable dog his face and Yoongi giggles, a sight rare to see to anyone living In the dorm and that just add fuel to the fire.

Despite the denial of his burning jealousy, Jungkook’s heart flutter when he sees his hyung smile so brightly and his pale face glowing with happiness but then, he felt a slight pang in his heart.

‘Why won’t hyung ever smile like that…. to me?’ he thought as Yoongi holds Holly close to his chest as if he is afraid that the dog would run away. Holly seemed to be snuggling up to his owner’s body and Jungkook couldn’t help but stare at them, longing for the day that he would be the one snuggling up to the elder’s chest and to have Yoongi look at him affectionately.

He had no idea when exactly he had feelings for the elder. He thought what he felt is just a mere adoration towards him because he respected how Yoongi got to be like he is today but as time passes, he really wanted to make Yoongi smile. All he ever wanted was to be the reason behind his pure gummy smile that he adores so much and that is when he knew, he had feelings for Yoongi.

Jungkook knows that the elder never takes a liking like that to him, not more than a donsaeng and the group maknae but that doesn’t matter. It would be good enough if he just makes him smile. His heartbreak wouldn’t mean anything as long as he sees that smile... Just for him.

“Yo, are you okay?”

Jungkook jumps out of surprise and he narrowed his eyes when Taehyung just chuckles looking at the frightened maknae.

“Ha ha, I can’t believe I scared you”, he teases.

“Oh shut up”, Jungkook rolled his eyes.

“Seriously, though are you okay? I’ve never seen you at lost of thought before”, he asks. Jungkook looks up to him, trying to see whether the elder is still making fun of him but the concern is evident in Taehyung’s eyes, making Jungkook sigh. Taehyung couldn’t lie to anyone because his clear brown eyes could give it away.

“Oh, it’s nothing. It’s just-“

“You’re bothered about Holly right?” he asks, cocking an eyebrow. Jungkook turns to him with widening eyes and Taehyung’s lips curved to a smirk. “I guess I’m right. You’re jealous… over a dog”, he deadpanned and Jungkook realizes how stupid he has been acting today.

Jungkook sighs, ruffling his hair out of frustration. “I know it’s stupid but… I just… I want hyung to look at me like he looks at Holly.”

Taehyung shook his head and pats Jungkook’s shoulder in a mocking manner. “Never go into a man’s relationship with his dog, Jungkookie.”

Jungkook rolls his eyes. “Just go away”, he shoos Taehyung away and Taehyung gets up from the couch, narrowing his eyes and his hands on his hips.

“Yah, stop being a jerk with me about your crush with hyung”, he says rather loudly, purposely trying to catch someone’s attention.

“Shut up”, Jungkook hissed, getting up from his seat and shortening the distance between them and Taehyung backs away but the smirk still plastered on his face.

“You should confess to Yoongi hyung that you like him!” Taehyung screams out loud and he ran to the bedroom that he shared with Jimin and Seokjin and Jungkook heard the door being locked. Jungkook wanted to run away too but Yoongi was right in front of him with a stoic expression while holding Holly.

“Um, hyung-“

“You… like me?” Yoongi interrupted him. Jungkook is too afraid to look up to Yoongi’s face. He’d probably be surprised, heck, anyone would be surprised by what Taehyung had just screamed. Jungkook plays with his fingers nervously, unsure on what to do.

“Um, I should go”, he says, breaking the awkward silence. Jungkook passes by Yoongi to get to his room but Yoongi holds his arm and pulls him back.

“Answer me”, Yoongi demanded. Jungkook gulped, still unable to look at Yoongi in the eye. He is using that serious tone, meaning that Jungkook has to answer him unless he wanted to suffer his wrath. “Is it true?” he asks again.

Jungkook sighs and he finally had the courage to look at him in the eye and he is taken aback by how soft Yoongi looks, a total opposite from the harsh tone he is using towards him. “I-it’s true”, he stuttered.

“I like you… for a long time now”, he said, looking into Yoongi’s eyes. He remained expressionless and Jungkook is scared. He is scared of being heartbroken. He had never experienced love before since all he ever does during his time is training to become better and when he did fall for someone, it is with someone so close to him and his own group member at that. He is afraid he would ruined what they had just because he had feelings for Yoongi.

Jungkook has to think of a million ways to kill Taehyung tonight.

“I know you have never thought of me that way”, Jungkook says, breaking the silence. Yoongi looks down on the floor, his face remained expressionless and Jungkook knows that it is hopeless. It is indeed a one sided love after all. “It’s okay if you never felt the same way as I did. It… felt good confessing to you”, he said, chuckles softly despite his heart hurting. “I… think I’m going to take a nap”, he says, looking away from Yoongi, blinking a few times because his eyes are teary.

“Wait”, Yoongi says. “Let’s… sit down on the couch okay?” he ushers Jungkook as he sits on the couch, putting Holly next to him. Jungkook nods his head and sit beside Holly

 “Do you… ever wonder why we named him Holly even when he is a boy?” he asks, sounding amused as he pets Holly’s head.

Jungkook shrug his shoulders. “I don’t know. I thought it was because you thought he’s cute and Holly suits him. I don’t mind that much.”

Yoongi scoffs and sets Holly down the floor and scoots closer to Jungkook, making Jungkook more nervous than he really is. “I kind of wish you mind”, he whispers.

“W-what do you mean?”

Yoongi pressed his lips into a thin line and look down onto his lap, making Jungkook raise his eyebrows. He has never seen Yoongi this nervous before since he is always oozing with confidence every time. His heart is doing flips inside as he realizes he is the reason for Yoongi’s nervousness.

“I hope you’re not going to make fun of me when I told you why.”

Jungkook shook his head. “I’m not going to because I know you’ll hit me either way.”

Yoongi chuckles and shakes his head.

“I can’t believe I’m actually going to say this”, he mutters lowly. Yoongi looks up, meeting Jungkook’s eyes. “My brother is the one who named him Holly. I wanted to name him something else.”

Jungkook creased his eyebrows. “Like what exactly?”

“Kookie”, he confesses shyly as he rubs his nape.

Jungkook’s mouth hanging open in shock and Yoongi could only chuckle as he caresses the younger’s cheeks, making him squealing inside.

“When my brother sent me a picture of Holly, I immediately thought of you”, he says with a soft smile. “Holly was so small and he looked so lost. I just want to protect him with all that I can and for that, I see you in Holly.”

Jungkook could only stare at Yoongi, unsure on what to say and Yoongi takes that as a cue to continue what he is saying.

“I suddenly have this flashback of you, entering the dorm for the first time. You were just a kid back then and you looked so lost and scared. You barely even talked to us back then. That made my heart hurt and I promised myself from then on, I looked after you and protecting you. As I watched you grow up and how confident you have gotten, I’m so proud and I still am”, he says as his hand reaches Jungkook’s, rubbing it softly.

“To be honest, Jungkook-ah… I have always liked you from the start. I thought I like you because you are like a little brother I’ve never had but as time passes, I really like spending time with you and I always thought of you before I go to bed and then, I just...knew. I never said anything because I know it would be weird and-“

Yoongi stopped talking as Jungkook holds both of his cheeks and rubbing them affectionately, making the elder lean into the touch. “I’m kind of glad Taehyung hyung screamed earlier.”

Yoongi chuckles. “Yeah, me too”, he says in a low voice, hands on the back of Jungkook’s head and he pulled the younger in and pressed his lips onto Jungkook’s soft ones. Jungkook smile into the kiss and he kisses back the elder.

He had never thought that Yoongi would feel the same way as he does and he feels like as if he was soaring high in the sky and he could feel fireworks exploded behind them. It was his first kiss ever and he is glad it is with him. He is glad that Yoongi was his first kiss.

The elder pulled away and he smiles in bliss, making Jungkook’s heart doing flips again. “Stop it hyung! My heart is being weird every time you’re being cute!” he whines cutely while clutching to his chest, making Yoongi pinches his cheeks.

 

“You should be lucky that I don’t want to ruin the mood and smack your head.”

Jungkook blinks a few times. “It’s ruined anyway.” Yoongi laughs at that.

“But seriously though why does your brother name him Holly?” Jungkook narrow his eyes and Yoongi just shrug his shoulders.

“Because Holly is….”

Jungkook widens his eyes as he realizes what Yoongi is going to say. “No hyung, please… don’t.”

“Hollywood-worthy”, he says in a dramatic voice.

And as Yoongi said that, Jungkook internally screams and contemplates why did he even have feelings for the elder. Yoongi reaches for his phone while laughing in his pocket and he checked for messages.

“Ah, my brother is here for Holly. Be right back”, he says as he gets up and picks up Holly on the floor. He walks to the front door, then he takes a brief glance behind him and winks at Jungkook making the younger flushed in pink.

‘I guess that answered that’, he thought.

Then, he heard someone cough and he immediately looks up to see both Hoseok and Seokjin smirking at him. He just sighs and shrugs his shoulders. “Guess you heard us huh?”

“Oooh, we heard and see plenty”, Hoseok teases. “Congratulations Jungkookie! You’re growing up so fast”, he says, wiping a fake tear.

Jungkook could feel his cheeks heating up. It is so embarrassing that they witnessed what just happened. So much for privacy…

“Well, I have nothing to say except finally both of you finally confessed!” Seokjin groans out loud in frustration.

Jungkook cover his face with his palms. He couldn’t believe his hyungs actually know about his feelings for Yoongi. How obvious was he?

 

“DON’T FORGET TO USE PROTECTION!”