[ 1 / 1 ]

Freezing over Fashion

If there was one thing that you prided yourself on, it was being more practical than the other people your age. You were not obsessed with finding a partner to marry and settle down with, and you also knew how to balance work and play. You deposited half of your check directly into the bank every time you got paid and gave your parents half of what was left, leaving you with only a fourth of the total you were given. You knew your responsibilities and performed them well, and were on very good terms with everyone at work...except for one person. (You honestly had tried with the head coordi unnie, but you were 100% she just hated your guts, so yeah…)

 

Anyway!

 

You were definitely a practical person...except when it came to one thing.

 

Fashion.

 

You were a er for it.

 

You weren’t completely like the typical fashionista who just HAD to fill their closest with the newest trends, no matter how ridiculous the look may be, but you still had a bad habit of buying whatever article of clothing or accessory that had caught your eye. You also would stubbornly ignore the weather, bad idea, choosing to wear whatever you wanted to, regardless of whether or not the elements would agree with you. (Most of the time though, what you wanted to wear would actually work out with the weather, so it wasn’t that bad.)

 

Today, you weren’t so lucky. When you had dressed to go out with the boys, you had opted for an ensemble that unfortunately was very much so not below-freezing temperatures appropriate. Did you look amazing? Of course you did. Were you about to get frostbite? ...most likely, yeah.

 

Hearing a tsk sound, you couldn’t help but turn around towards the source of the noise. You were honestly half-expecting the head coordi unnie to be there with something else arbitrary to scold you about, but to your surprise, relief, and embarrassment, a certain Daegu rapper stood instead.

 

“H-hello,” you greeted him, internally wincing at the stutter caused by your chattering teeth.

 

“D-do you need help with a-anything?” you continued on, trying your best to keep your head held high even though it was clearly apparent that he was currently judging your choice of clothing.

 

“If anyone needs help, it’s you,” was his reply with a wriggle of a gloved finger.

 

Honestly, the sight of you was making him feel even colder. There was no way you were comfortable in that outfit. Sure, he wasn’t going to deny that you looked really (really, really) good, but you also looked like you were a few degrees from becoming an ice sculpture.

 

“Shouldn’t you know about how to layer clothing, being a stylist and all?” he asked, not really asking, but more like making a jab at your lack of layers.

 

As much as you wanted to glare at that double-sided compliment (or was in an insult?), you knew you were in no position to do so.

 

“In my defense, though,” you add, trying to come up with something to wipe that smug smirk off of the older’s face, “as you mentioned, I’m a stylist, and therefore, winter is no excuse to be looking like an over-fluffed marshmallow.”

 

With a nod of your head, you crossed your arms over your front, and no, it wasn’t because of the cold blast of wind that just decided to hit you. With an amused but slightly muffled chuckle, you (lightly) glared at the man who...was currently unwrapping his scarf from his neck?

 

“Wait, what are you doing?” you asked, surprised at the action.

 

Sure, you weren’t dull at all. You knew where this had the potential of going...but you kind of didn’t want to admit it to yourself yet? You just wanted to see where things went (and maybe fangirl juuuuuust a little bit on the inside?).

 

“What does it look like I’m doing,” he retorted back, rolling his eyes at your shallow question.

 

You huffed in response.

 

“Okay, fine, whatever,” was the best response you could come up with at the moment.

 

As he walked those few steps until he was directly in front of you, you had to remind yourself that he was just being nice, that’s all. He didn’t want the company to have to go through all the trouble of finding and hiring a new stylist because the old one was too weak towards the pull of aesthetics, that’s all. All he wanted to do was make sure you didn’t get frostbite and die out here in the cold, that’s all. (More like, that’s all you kept telling yourself in order to reign in the less rational side and much more imaginative part of your being?)

 

“Isn’t that much better?” he prompted, nodding his head proudly at the sight of you all bundled up in his (really, really warm and super nice smelling?) scarf.

 

Sure the sight was a bit comical, seeing at the scarf was much too big for you, causing you to look like you’ve been engulfed by some sort of fuzzy entity. (He’d most definitely be needing a picture of you later, not taken by him of course, because he wasn’t creepy like Seokjin or Hoseok or Taehyung, always taking pictures of whoever it was that they found adorable or whatnot)

 

“Mhmmm…” was all you could let out, seeing as the man had covered most of your face with the said scarf.

 

You really hadn’t thought that just one article of clothing could make such a big difference, but here you were, already feeling much warmer than you did beforehand. With a blush (that honestly really wasn’t from the chill), you bowed down, thanking him.

 

“Don’t worry about it,” was his curt reply, gesturing you to follow him to the outdoor trailer where the rest of the staffs and members were.

 

Just before leaving however, he had one more thing to say.

 

“There’s no point in freezing over fashion.”

 
 
 
 

January 5, 2017