Chapter 7 : Peace

The Prince of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Skangjun.

It’s progressing, Yo and Soo, as sinister as that, it’s a progress still.

PS : Enjoy the chapter peeps!

PPS : Tell me what’s in your mind. ^^

Ciao amigos!

 

 

 

 

 

Crawl inside this body, find me where I am most ruined –

Love me there.

- Rune Cazuli

 

 

 

‘ Soo-yah’

The name made her flinch. Too afraid to meet her eyes, she lost all her bravado in a blink. All she ever wanted to do was cry, but Hae Soo refused to appear weak. Not in front of Wang Yo. No, but she couldn’t resist the urge to break down in front of the king.

And the king took a step closer to her, closing the gap, eyes too intense. Hand reaching for her face, Hae Soo didn’t dare to open up her eyes.

' Shh… open your eyes, little one.’ She felt it, his thumb caress her cheek and dampness. Did she cry? Did she? But Hae Soo could care less because the men who stood in front of her, Wang Yo, has made her speechless beyond reason.

Open your eyes, it was tempting. Too tempting.

And she opened her eyes just to see the dark pool of Wang Yo’s orbs, glistering in mirth and wonder, a fleck of… thoughtfulness? What?

Wang Yo took a step back, his gaze drifts back to the scenery of the river. His lips turn upward as he took a glance at his court lady, still in the daze. Well, he can’t blame her, as he too, was shocked by his own deed. The irony.

‘ It’s a good day, Lady Soo. Shall we walk?’ without waiting for the court lady to agreed, Yo starts strolling leisurely along the path, leaving the court lady stun in her spot.

 

 

===

 

 

‘ … surely the fortress would be far grander than here in Songak and Goryeo… Goryeo would be an empire. Far greater than what father had done and I won’t be named as king. An emperor that rule a dynasty, it is my dream.’ He had been rambling as they stroll. Hae Soo, a decent three steps from the king and Wang Yo as he pace in leisure. The court lady could only nod in understanding but deep down, she was baffled.

What had been done?

The king had treated her indifferently, talking as if nothing had happened, like she hadn’t been stabbed with his own knife, with his own bare hand. The fact that he had been talking without once insulting her was a miracle and the truth is, Hae Soo loathe it.

No, she did not favour the murderous beast either. It was the change, too extreme to ignore. Too strong to deny and Hae Soo had decided, it would come to an end.

‘ Your Highness?’ he turned to face her, eyebrow rising, questioning. His eyes found hers, meeting her soft gaze, not once flutter.

‘ I… forgives me, but what…’ and he laughs in amusement, eyes twitching in humour. It would be a lie if the court lady wasn’t gaping like a fish. Wang Yo was laughing for heaven sake!

This is not right.

That disturbing thought of him, murderous and deadly as he is, manages to make the court lady shiver in terror. He didn’t hesitate to hurt her once, twice wouldn’t be a bother at all. If so, knowing the king, he would likely double the effort, making everything very effective. Killing her was easy, they were alo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter