December 29

Love before 2017
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Christmas has always been my favorite season. Why? Because I got to travel alone, meet my cousins and earn, sort of. There's a downside though, the place have no WiFi nor any cellphone reception unless I go to my other aunt's house that's an hour away. But since, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bokjoo is life, I went.

 

Everything was good: the connection, the place and of course the food. I was about to take my leave, since it's getting dark and as much as civilation is everywhere, the means of transportation there are stopped at 8 pm, when my aunt suddenly held me.

 

"Soojung-ah, just stay for the night."

 

"Mommy," yes, she's my aunt but I call her 'mommy' since she was the one who took care of me back when my parents are busy, "you know I can't. The permission was only until 7 pm."

 

"Aye. Come 'on, it's not like you always stay here. I'll call them. Wait."

 

"But mom-"

 

"Besides, your uncle will be joining a Christmas party later and his friends will be there including their children. You know how much he longed for a child when Jake passed. Please? Let him, us, have a merry Christmas this time."

 

I just nodded. How can I say 'no' when they already use the child-card. Ah, now I have to brace myself because I have to deal with a lot of unfamiliar faces later. 

 

"By the way mom, don't I have to dress up for later? I don't have anything with me."

 

"It's a semi-formal event," she looked at me from head to toe, "You'll do. We'll go in 10, your uncle's already there."

 

I nodded and looked at the mirror. Semi-formal huh? I guess I can stay at the car later.

 

 

 ♣♠

 

 

"Mommy, I can't go in like this!"

 

"Why not?"

 

"I don't fit the dresscode!"

 

"There's no dresscode, what are you even talking about? Let's go, your uncle's waiting."

 

I feel like I was getting smaller with each step. They're wearing dresses and heels and make-up and tuxedos while I'm just in my school shirt, shorts and sneakers. Why didn't I notice that mom actually wore a dress. Urgh. Luckily, their table is at the far corner and not very well lighted. The flow was good and fun. Suddenly, a boy went up to the stage wearing a black tux with blue inner shirt and dance. He was really good, he danced to a mix jingle bells and slow motion. 

 

I was in awe, really. The way he does a bodywave then just smile like nothing happened. Damn! I suddenly wanted to thank my mom for bringing me here.

 

Right after his performance was the announcement for dinner and I know that my daydreaming is done. Since it was not really fine dining, everyone is at the buffet table that was just behind ours. Urgh, guess this isn't just as lucky as I thought. Socializing, isn't really my thing so I just stayed at the table alone while mom and uncle get the food.

 

"Hey, are you okay there?"

 

I looked up to see who's talking and its the guy in blue!

 

"Ah, yes."

 

He held her hand to me, "I'm Jongin. You are? I'm guessing you're new? I haven't seen you before."

 

"I'm just here with-"

 

"JONGIN COME HERE SOMEONE WANTS TO MEET YOU!"

 

"Okay! Sorry, I have to go. Enjoy and see you later!"

 

I just smiled and nodded. Oh, so his name is Jongin. Well, now I have a reason to stay up late while waiting for the new episode later. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter