|1| “Um this-"

Meet The Mailman

So ye, enjoy, and I hope it makes sense :-)Thnx KIKI


After a long day of being surrounded by the stale air of his office, Taemin wanted nothing more than to go home and take a steaming hot shower, a shower he so desperately needed, especially when the only thing he was usually wrapped in was the cold snowy weather.

 

Taemin kicked off his shoes lazily as he entered his apartment, not caring about the arrangement as he let his heavy coat slip off of him and onto his coat rack. He sighed happily when he thought about the warm bathroom soon to approach. He skidded to his room, pulling his phone from his jeans. A new text popped on the screen, it was from his postal service, the message read that he was getting a package sometime today and that he should expect it. A smile grew on his face, giddy at the thought of receiving the music speaker he’d ordered a week or so ago. Taemin loved getting packages, and he couldn’t wait.

 

He was struck with a predicament, should he shower now and risk missing the courier, or hold out on showering until the package arrived? He sighed, he was dirty and cold and wanted to feel fresh again, but if he missed the package he’d have to pick it up at the post office later, and he certainly didn’t want to leave his place in weather like this, especially after he already showered. But, could he really wait, what if the package took all evening to get to his place, the time he would spend waiting could be used on showering or eating. He huffed and decided to go with his first option-shower now, package later.

 

-

 

“Mmm” Taemin hummed as he felt the warm water slip over his fingers. He stood outside the shower, waiting for the warming water to become hot, he undressed himself in the meantime, sparing no time in removing his dirty casual clothes. He shivered when he felt his toes touch the cool tile floor. Fully exposed now, he hopped into the shower. He closed his eyes in pleasure as the heat of the water encased him. After a few moments of just enjoying the heat, he decided to actually wash himself. It wasn’t anything special, just his regular routine. After washing his body he decided to wash his hair. At the back of his mind, he wondered if he really would miss out on his package but another part of him was too busy enjoying himself in the moment.

 

That is until he heard his door buzzer, the door buzzer connected to the outside intercom. At first Taemin thought he imagined it, or that his mind was playing a trick on him from being too paranoid. He went back to rinsing his hair and jumped when he heard his buzzer again.

 

“!” He cursed as he hopped out out the shower, entirely soaked. He grabbed the nearest towel and wrapped himself up past his chest. He almost slipped as he exited the washroom. Without thinking he grabbed his keys and left his apartment. Sure he was on the first floor, but he just left his apartment; soaking wet, barefoot, and in nothing but a towel to protect his decency, all for a fricking package.

 

He padded through the hallway, somehow unaware of his physical state. When he finally got the the front door he was out of breath and with wet fingers he opened the door. The first thing he felt was the brisk cold air that flowed into the room. His skin filled with goosebumps as more of his body was surrounded in the icy air. He blinked back the tears in his eyes from the bitter cold and met the postman’s face.

 

Before him was an utterly handsome man holding his package, he was gorgeous from head to toe, with a perfectly sculpted face, nice build and charming features and for a moment Taemin was speechless, unable to move from the cold and frozen to the ground by the beautiful stranger. The sound of his package hitting the ground shook him out of his daze. Taemin gave the delivery man a puzzled look, looking at the package that was now resting on the man’s feet. He looked back up to see the delivery man’s wide open mouth and an ever growing pink on the man’s cheeks; then it hit him.

 

“Wh..?” Taemin panted before he finally noticed the cause of the the man’s embarrassment. He looked down to meet his damp feet, with water pooling under them. His eyes followed up his body and he realized how exposed he was, in literally nothing but a towel.

 

“Oh my- I’m so sorry!” Taemin blurted out, bringing a hand up to somehow pull the towel tighter over his lean body. “You see I was in a rush and..” Taemin trailed off flipping his soaked hair out of his eyes, relieved to see the man’s mouth close and turn into a subtle smile. Before he knew it he was blushing, not only from being so clad in front of a stranger, but from seeing the stranger himself. In a weird way, Taemin couldn’t peel his eyes off of him, from the moment he laid his eyes on him, his heart had begun beating in a strange way, and it confused him.

 

A few seconds passed, filled with the two of them staring at one another awkwardly before the man leaned down to retrieve his package from the ground. Taemin’s eyes followed the man’s mass of light brown hair, full and feathered on his head.

 

“Um this- it’s your p-package” The man stuttered, clearly still bashful from seeing Taemin like this; however he had to admit to himself, he was a sight. Soft, milky skin clouded his vision as he stared at him, and the way his skin seemed to glisten under the wetness was fascinating. He almost wanted to blurt out something stupid about how good looking he was, but he held back, his figure was something to behold; all slim and lean and curvy, it definitely riled him up even in the cold of December. Then he was thinking about the cold air and how cold he must be in only a towel, a towel wrapped just up to his collarbones and barely over his knees, a towel covering more of that luscious looking skin, skin he wanted to marr, to touch, to bite into, to-

 

“So..I have to sign somewhere right?” Taemin asked, breaking the man from his steamy fantasies. The man fumbled with the clipboard he had tucked under his arm and handed it to Taemin.

 

“Just..where the red ‘X’ is..” The man squeaked out, watching Taemin intently as he signed the paper, keeping an extra amount of focus on the way Taemin’s lips pouted as he wrote. The man cleared his throat, awaiting Taemin to give him back the board; when he did he blushed, noticing a few drips of water on the paper.

 

“Well..here you go” The man said, handing over Taemin’s package timidly. Taemin reached out for it, taking it with both hands.

 

“Thanks..and sorry for this” Taemin said, gesturing to his wet form.

 

“Oh..it’s nothing, enjoy your stuff” The man smiled, backing off to leave. Taemin half smiled as he watched the man walk down the short flight of stairs.

 

“I’m Taemin! By the way…” Taemin shouted at first, feeling shy after he had said it. The man stopped walking to half face Taemin, he smiled and then spoke.

 

“Jonghyun..” The man said, waving and then leaving.

 

Taemin smiled back at him and then stepped backwards to close the door, once it was closed he leaned against it, relieved to be out of the cold finally. As Jonghyun walked down the icy steps, he glanced at the clipboard, double checking that Taemin signed the right spot. He stopped on the last step when he noticed something other than Taemin’s name- a phone number.


“God he’s cute” Jonghyun said to himself before finally leaving.


Ok BUT, I'm really tempted to make this into a story, idk what I would write about, but I like the idea so comment if you guys would like that <3