Chapter 1

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Setting: SM Law Firm in South Korea

Its early in the morning and Im Yoona is already running to work.

"Be careful! Be careful!" says Im Yoona as she is running towards the door with cartons of coffee in both of her hands.

"Sorry. Excuse me. This is very hot!"

She runs past all the employees ahead of her and tries to squeeze into the already full elevator. When she finally manages to squeeze herself in, she could barely even stand straight. While being surrounded and squished by the people around her, she somehow managed to hold the coffees in the air, without spilling them. While waiting for her floor to come which felt like forever, the elevator stopped on her floor.

"This is me!" she yells as she runs out of the elevator, pushing people out of the way and running past more employees.

"I'm here."

"You've taken your time. I'm about to go to a meeting, how can I drink this?"

"I'm so sorry Leeteuk. I'll bear the cost. I'm sorry." Yoona feels guilty towards Leeteuk but continues on delivering everyone else their drinks. "Wendy, here's your latte with no sugar."

"Thanks. Are you going to print something? Please print this for me, too."

"Okay." says Yoona as she grabs the copy that Wendy gives to her.

"I need them by lunch."

"Lunch? Okay, no problem." says Yoona as she is still delivering coffee. "Mark, here you go."

"Thank you!" says Mark as he picks up a binder to hand to Yoona. "I'm sorry, my mom fell sick suddenly so I need to leave early."

"It's okay, I understand." says Yoona, not even hesitating to say "no" to Mark.

"Thanks. Here is it." says Mark as he gives her another binder and places a sticky note on her forearm.

"Send my regards to your mom. Bye."

While holding Mark's assignments in one hand, she goes to deliver the last coffee order to Tiffany. "Tiffany, here's your coffee."

"Why are you so slow?" Tiffany complained. "I asked to buy coffee, did you go to outer space? I waited till I almost fell asleep. You need to hurry."

While listening to Tiffany complain about how slow she was, Tiffany started to stick a bunch of sticky notes all over her. "Things to do for today. It's all written down. Remember to finish them by the end of today."

Yoona's POV (in italics)

You must have people like these around you. She's not a maid, but she ends up as everybody's runner. Even though she's busy, she doesn't dare to decline their favors. That's because she's so ordinary, not just the looks, but her character is ordinary, too. Even her name is so ordinary.

Yes, Im Yoo Na. The first name you see in the marketplace. Her existence is like a sticky note.

"Im Yoona! Im Yoona!"

"I'm here!"

She's very convenient. You can just throw her away after use. She'll come when you call, she'll leave when you wave. She doesn't take up room, and is always quiet.

"Please, sorry for the work."

"By 3:00 p.m."

"I must have it."

Says everyone as they line up to place a stick not all over her. From the top of her head to her waist.

See? How grand it looks!

Yes. I'm the sticky note girl, Im Yoo Na. If you say it nicely, I am understanding and helpful. Even if I'm disadvantaged, I don't make a fuss out of it.

Actually, I'm just a coward! I'm afraid of rejecting people and offending people. I keep quiet even if I'm taken advantage of. I have totally no self-respect! I'm a person without a character.

When I was still an embryo, I wasn't expected to enter this world.

Flashback

"Boss, you know that I don't buy this medicine for good health. Please offer a better price." says Yoona's mom as she tries to bargain with the pharmacist.

"Miran, don't be silly. Who haggles on abortion medication?"

"You're the silly one. Don't you know me? Ra Mi Ran?" Miran looks at the pharmacist, trying to read his facial expressions. "Please, you know I have to be thrifty. All right! Give me $20 off."

"I can't."

"You can. That's it. Hurry, here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter