Riddle 1 - 'The dead arises high and mighty, disturbed. Their treasures–their guides–lost; taken by thieves.'

Hunting you || VKook || TaeKook

Riddle 1 - 'The dead arises high and mighty, disturbed. Their treasures–their guides–lost; taken by thieves.'

 

"So you're saying that he left through the back door and not a single security camera caught a glimpse of him?" Jin ki, an officer with warm red hair clarified placidly, despite knowing they had once again lost any lead on the target he decided it was best to remain calm.

Kim Jin ki also known as Onew is Jungkook's partner at Seoul's main police station, they both work in the 'Theives, Fraud and Embezzlement' department alongside four others–they were one of six departments. Jin ki was the one who trained Jungkook and taught him the ropes before Jungkook ended up climbing into his current position as team leader. Jungkook was a bright male in his early-mid twenties, he had dark brown hair which did not pass his ears, his eyes a darker, lusher shade of brown that matched his appearance. Jungkook gave off an intense aura for such a young officer but anyone close to him would know how much of a softy he really was.

"That is correct, yes."

"And when was the break-in reported?" he asked.

"Early this morning around six am, after the owner and his family returned home from their vacation to see the back door wide open and the jewellery piece missing."

After scribling down the last piece of information, he asked if anything was left behind like at the last crime scene, the officer in question simply nodded his head. Handing the other a thin object, which was left in the missing items place, Jin ki thanked the officer before he excused himself taking the item with him. As he climbed under the police tape and out of the crime scene he noticed Jungkook walking up to him with an annoyed expression.

"Did you find anything useful? I checked the security camera's but they were manipulated," the younger sighed before locking eyes with Jin ki.

"Yeah I figured that would be the case, another officer was filing me in on it. But I do have some slightly good yet bad news," he stated trying to give Jungkook a solem look.

Jungkook raised his eyebrow in question before sighing, "again?"

"Yep. Once again, he got away taking the crown with him and once again, he left a note behind." 

Jin ki handed Jungkook the item given to him, an orange circular note laced with strange patterns, identical to the last four notes they had received. The note had words scribbled upon it, the same fancy writing style written in a foreign language–english. It read:

 

THe dead aRisEs high aNd miGHy, diSturbEd.

Their treAsUres–their guiDes–lost; tAken bY thieveS.

- The Jewellery Prince.

 

Jungkook groaned as he read it's contents, his heart wavering, "are we going to ever capture this guy, hyung?"

Jin ki thought about it for a moment before replying earnestly, "well, I'm not certain about if we can catch him or not, we can only hope we will and do our best believing so. After all we don't know what the future will hold for us, you never know if he'll slip up or if he'll continue with his crimes."

Jungkook sighed but nodded his head in understanding, "I know what you're saying is true but can't you just lie to me next time I ask such a question?" 

Jungkook presses the note back to Jin ki's chest before walking away with the latter yelling after him, "I thought you were a man of truth, not lies. Sorry?"

Jungkook heaved out a deep sigh before continuing to check the area for any sort of camera that may have captured any evidence of the crime or the suspect–the jewellery prince. A few hours down the line he received a call from one of his teammates telling them to meet back at HQ to start officially investigating the crime. Packing up he collected his things before speeding down to his car, he already knew how many nights he will be at the station and he was dreading it. Unlocking his red mazda, he jumped in the drivers seat and set off towards the station.

 

 

 

Jungkook walked through the doors from the front desk into the back, where police officer's sat side by side each other in six separate work spaces which were grouped all around the room in two columns to represent six different departments; three departments in each column. In each work space there were two rows of desks, each row had three desks on each side. There were six different departments in total at Seoul's Police Department, in the top left hand corner was the 'Homicide' department, next to them on the right was the 'Arson' department. In the middle row of the left column was the 'Thieves, Fraud and Embezzlement' department, and on the right the 'Domestic and Personal Violence' department. Finally, in the bottom left was the 'Common Criminal Charges' department and in the bottom right was the 'All Other Charges' department. Each department had a head detective leading them with authority and confidence, only the best of the best were chosen. The head of the Homicide squad was Kim Namjoon, the head of the Arson squad was Lu Han, the head of the Thieves, Fraud and Embezzlement squad was Jeon Jungkook, the head of the Domestic and Personal Violence squad was Im Jaebum, the head of the Common Criminal Charges squad was Song Joong Ki and the head of the All Other Charges squad was Choi Minho. The officer marched past the first row of two departments until he reached the middle department on the left side, the 'Thieves, Fraud and Embezzlement' department.

"We have a new clue. Let's set up the board."

Jungkook walked towards his desk grabbing his markers before pulling down the glass board from over their heads, sticking the note next to the other, older notes, before he visciously began scribbling all over the space. Not leaving a single detail out he moved back and stared at his work and began to wonder what it all means. His eyes travelled from the first crime scene straight past the other notes, settling on the new one. It's block letter's standing out, trying to tell him something in english. Not taking his eyes off the board

"Ki bum I need you to get all the possible words these letters could form and hand them to me in an hour. Jin ki write a report on todays visit to the crime scene, make sure you dont leave a single detail out. Sungjin I want you to help Ki bum, start with writing down the capitalised letters from the note and work from there. And the remainder of you, help me find out more about this clue."

 

Sometime later as Jungkook sat at his desk, a list with multiple pages was placed down in front of his laptop, "sir? I've done as you've asked, these are all the possible english words."

 

 Section of the list:

 headhunter  underheats  unsheathed  day

 hydranths  hash  heathenry  underheat  

 three  dearest  sturdy  tae  sherd  death

 sedater  days  unhats  redeny  trendy  sneery  

 heed  sudary  rushy  synth  hyung  yearn

 haute  undue  yuan  hate  nay  sun  rut

 

Upon the list a few words stood out the most; three, death, yearn and days. It didn't take long to pull the few words from the list and stick them up on the board. The team gathered around the board, staring at it as if it held all the answers to their problem–in which it did, they just couldn't figure it out...yet.

"Assuming that this was want this guy wanted to hint, we can assume that it is some sort of local event consisting in the day. It could quite possibly be something that belonged to the dead or something which is passed on."

"It also has something to do with the number three, that is clear throughout it all. But I can't figure out why."

"So are you trying to say that it has every thing to do with the number 'three' whether it's the amount of days or a week?"

"More likely the amount of days before or after an event, I doubt it would be anything over a week. Something tells me this guy has a low patience, he always seems to act quite quickly no matter how tight security is."

"Quite possibly, but considering it's all we have as we know too little about this thief and what we are searching for it's all we have to go off, so we need to get cracking as his plan could have already started."

"Okay then it's decided. Let's look through the known list of any lost treaures and try to connect it with an event that fits in the time frame of a couple of days to one month that is yet to happen or has already started."

With that they all got to work.

 

TWO DAYS LATER...

 

Jungkook sat at his desk, which was smothered in papers all over. For the last two days running he had been searching non-stop through every document including lost treasures, thiefs and smugglers. It was driving the male mad as Jungkook repeated the riddle over and over as he stared through another file of a lost treasure, 'THe dead aRisEs high aNd miGHy, diSturbEd. Their treAsUres–their guiDes–lost; tAken bY thieveS.' 

'Three days for what?' He thought.

Having no luck, Jungkook sighed for the umphteen time as he slammed his files onto the desk, slouching in his chair he rubbed his temples. He had a headache, all of this work on this case was stressing him out, all they had to work with was a clue–a riddle if you must–to figure out his next motive. The guy they were looking for was experienced, he knew how to cover his tracks excruciatingly well, he knew what to touch and what to not, he even knew how to make an illusion with the security camera's footage. This guy is either very smart and had timed everything extremely well or he has someone helping him behind the scenes, Jungkook was leaning more towards the latter. Spontaneous, mysterious and cunning–criminals like that had him on his edge and he hated it as they always have a backup plan to lead us off track. In most cases, it may take years to retrieve a single piece of evidence that may become useless in the end. Jungkook groaned he really need a cup of coffee right about now, maybe even a cigarette if he was that desperate to relieve his stress for a mere five minutes more. His head was pounding unbearably and unluckily for him, he had run out of his secret stash of paracetamol that he kept in his top draw in his secret compartment–a thin wooden plank resting in the middle of his draw on two wooden blocks–he kept it in there with his 24pk of Gold cigarette's, his 9mm Glock and a mag of spare ammo. 

"Sir?" Jungkook grunted in response, which the other took as yes to continue, "are you okay?" 

It was the new intern, Park Jimin, his voice was filled with uncertainty and worry; the male was actually two years older than Jungkook but due to Jungkook's higher position he treated him with more respect than needed. Jungkook had told him numerous times to call him by his name instead of 'Sir' or 'Officer Jeon', but he always declined saying if anyone heard he would come off as disrespectful and rude. But despite that Jungkook knew that wasn't the real reason as to why, he was just nervous because he was simply the 'intern' and not an officer of the law or anything of the sort. Jungkook opened his eyes a crack, the light temporarily blinding him as his eyes squinted desperately trying to focus on the male sat across from him, pain igniting across his eyes like a lightning stike he groaned. Regretting his decision of even coming to work today he frowned, slowly opening his eyes bigger to let them re-adjust even if it was painful–he knew it would eventually pass by just as quick as it appeared.

"Sir, maybe you should call it a day and get some rest?" Jimin timidly stated as Jungkook finally looked at him, his ash blonde hair fell flat against his forehead, Jimin was a handsome man–most would agree to this fact, Jungkook was one of them–sweet, caring and the typical flower boy type. He is interning at Seoul's police station for two years, learning from the best and writing reports on his findings. Jungkook–despite being younger–was his teacher. Jimin tenderly cared about Jungkook's health and couldn't help but fret on how pale the younger looked. So when the younger shook his head stating no, he couldn't help the worry that followed. He wasn't the only one who was worried as his teammate, Kim Ki-bum, had sincerely agreed with him.

"Yeah boss I agree, you need some rest. You look so pale as if you might faint any minute. We're worried, this case can wait another day or two. Please?"

It was not too long before everyone at their small work space was nodding their heads agreeing with them both. Jungkook was their precious leader and without him they would be lost. Jungkook is the youngest officer in the whole district who has been declared the head of a department, some say it won't be long before he gets promoted to Inspector assistant or even just Inspector. Jungkook feels nothing but pride when he hears praises being said about him, true or not. Jungkook contemplated the guys worries trying to think of a rebuttal to get him out of this mess, even if having a good night's rest was all he longed for.

When nothing came he weakly replied, "I can't there's too much work to be done–we have to figure out what's his next target, where it is currently being held, when he will try attrieve it and–"

A stern voice from behind him cut him off, "Jungkook-ah." 

Jungkook froze as he turned slowly coming face to face with Kim Seokjin, "yes Jin hyung?" he mumbled.

"Are you sick?" he asked and Jungkook shook his head rapidly about to mumble a reply when he was cut off by Ki-bum.

"Yes he is, he needs a good rest and some medicine," Jungkook glared at officer Kim who simply stared him down, "I'm only being a good hyung."

If there was one person Jungkook did not want to worry, it was Kim Seokjin, his second cousin who was under Kim Namjoon's leadership in the Homicide squad. Seokjin was like his own mother; extremely kind, caring, a little clingy, stern and over-bearing at times. He took everything too seriously and tells terribly old fashioned jokes. Seokjin loves teasing his cousin about his childhood and teams up with his own mother to team-tag on Jungkook when they feel devious, excited or plain bored. If Jungkook showed a single symptom of a common cold, they would be on him in less than a minute and treat him like a baby as they took care of him, giving lots of cuddles–which he always denied he liked. Jungkook hated it as much as he loved having them obsess over him; he felt wanted, needed, loved Seokjin frowned and put his hand to Jungkook's forehead feeling the radiating heat seething into his skin before he even placed it down, his eyes widened in shock causing Jungkook to gently slap his hand away. Jungkook tried to look annoyed but he was too tired to realise he looked like a docile penguin, Seokjin thought it was extremely cute.

"'m fine hyung," he waved his hand as if it was nothing, moving his gaze to look elsewhere.

If looks could kill Jungkook surely would be dead, "Jungkook your temperature is threw the roof! You are not 'fine'! You are going home right now mister," Seokjin commanded to the younger who simply pouted.

"But we have so much to do–" he whined cutely.

"Jungkook, no means no." Jungkook sighed knowing he'd lost this round but didn't hesitate to tell the others to call him if they find something or if another case comes in. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook sighed as he got out from his car, locking it he headed towards the front door. Passing the mailbox he pulled out all the mail and the weekly newspaper before heading inside, "mum?" he yelled.

He assumed his mother was still at work when he received no response, he removed his shoes changing into his slippers walking into the kitchen and sliding the mail down on the table. Unfortunately for him, half of it ended up on the floor. He groaned and went to clean the mess he had made up. As he picked up the newspaper he noticed a museum exhibition was on show for four days; Ancient Egyptian Jewels Exhibition. It says 'they are the authentic jewels which were located in the pyramids, they were carved to bring luck and protection to those crossing to the other side with the gods. Some believe the jewels are cursed and will only bring trouble to those who took them from their rightful placeThese priceless jewels will be on show until August 23rd.' Jungkook checked the date on his mobile, it was August 19th. Jungkook's mind puzzled together the final pieces; dead arises high and mighty, disturbed–the buried egyptian gods and their 'curses', their treasures–jewels, their guides–luck and protection, and stolen by thieves were the scientists and researchers who took from the burial grounds. He felt his pockets for his phone, finding it almost immediately before ringing Ki-bum.

"Jungkook? Why aren't you asleep?" His tone was stern but Jungkook ignored it.

"I did it." He shouted, "I know what he's after."

"Really?" He sounded surprised, "well what is it?"

"An Egyptian Jewel, I'll explain more when I arrive," he rushed to his car ending the phone call.

Just as Jungkook had his car's engine and set off back on the road towards the station, another male watched with a smirk on his face, "this was only the beginning Officer Jeon."

 

 

––––––––––––––––––––––––––

 

It was a warm morning, the Thieves, Fraud and Embezzlement team and a back-up team consisting of both Sehun and Jongin–who were kicked out for the remainder of the day, due to starting a water fight instead of locating a leaking pipe in the basement–were stood outside the museum admiring it's creamy stone textured walls. It was time to put their plan in action and surveillance the area for any suspicious activity. He had called the museum prior to their arrival, he had already informed them of the situation yesterday straight after their meeting. Jungkook was the first to take a step towards the building the other's shortly following, he didn't stop until he had walked through the double doors and straight up to the counter. Today was the official opening for the exhibition.

'Hi, I am Officer Jeon and these are my fellow colleagues, I called earlier informing of a possible theft that may take place sometime this week in your musuem," he spoke calmly pulling out his police badge and showing it to them, "may i speak to whom is in charge?"

"A-ah yes. I am Kim Baeyoung, the one who you talked with. The owner, Mr Callester, is out at the moment due to personal reasons, so that leaves me in charge. Shall we talk somewhere more private?"

"Yes, please do lead the way."

 

 

 

 

"We are going to need access to your security monitors, all staff files and preferably a map of the museum. We will do our best to prevent the theft from happening, but we can not guarantee that."

"I understand."

With that Jungkook ordered the security room to be cleared out, so they could get to work. Setting out a table, they laid out the layout of the museum which had been handed to him upon his request. There was a total of three maps, due to each floor having its own map. Circling all the entrances and windows on each floor he ordered his team to split into pairs and take a floor each. Leaving Jungkook, Jimin, Sehun and Jongin in the security room. Jungkook ordered both Sehun and Jimin to stay behind and monitor the screens until he and Jongin got back from scanning the ancient egypt exhibition. Sehun and Jongin complained about being split up, but Jungkook argued strongly against it, he didn't need the pair creating havoc when they were already dealing with a pile full of stress. He didn't want the two adding to it and making it worse, this wasn't the time nor place to be complaining over choice of partnership when a crime was about to take place. Jungkook almost slapped the two silly, but then he remembered that they were older so he refrained and dragged Jongin out of the room before they could team up on him by giving him a guilt trip. Walking past the counter and straight into the hall behind it led them into an open space, where three beautiful jewels laid there glistening in the natural light. Jongin was awestruck, and Jungkook believed that if they didnt have to worry about them being stolen then he would have been too. The two began their work, evaluating the area and all possible ways of entering and exiting before then checking the glass case–noting down its length and width and how thick the glass was. Jungkook took note of all the security measure in place and scoffed–they were simple, too simple–he knew this was going to be a hard task to conquer.

 

Jongin looked over at Jungkook and watched the way he diligently worked, writing the odd words in his notebook before moving to the next thing. It got to the point where Jongin was just shamelessly stalking Jungkook's every move, noticing his subtle but shaky movements. Jongin had heard Jungkook was sick and it was most likely the cause of stress, it was this moment when Jongin saw Jungkook beginning to sway. He immediately went to his side putting his arm around his upper body to support the younger. Jongin frowned, he was too skinny for his body proportion. Jongin couldn't help but think that maybe he was skipping out on meals due to all this stress.

That was the final straw, "Jungkook, dude you need to rest! And maybe eat something fattening unless your into sprouts and , are you?"

Jungkook lightly pushed Jongin away, "I'm fine...or atleast, I'll be fine. I'll rest when we capture the bastard this time round, that damned thief thinks he's so clever."

Jungkook turned to face Jongin with an utter most seriousness, "I can't wait to see his face when I catch him, he'll pay."

So they waited on high alert, the first day flew by as quickly as the second day came. Jungkook's condition still hadn't improved, in fact, it became worse having a little less then three hours sleep. His team began to worry for their leader and made sure to keep a close eye on him, making sure he didn't take all responsibility upon himself. There was still no sign of the Jewellery Prince and the other's had feared that they were wrong about this exhibition being his target, they were also really worrying for their leader's health as it had not been in top shape for a couple weeks now, but only the after effects had started to kick in recently. By the beginning of the third day, everyone was on alert once again due to two reasons; one being it was only the third day of the event and they still didn't know when he would try to take it and two being that they suspected he would take it during the day because it seemed like the better choice seeing as it was crowded. It was as if time had slowed down just to bore the officers who had been waiting for a little action and when the sun had begun to set they were slightly frustrated.

"Arrgh! I can't take it anymore, this is so boring?!"

"Yeah Jongin's right. Are you sure you guys even have the right place?"

Eyes turned to a fatigued Jungkook, who didn't even bother opening them, "i'm positive. I'm sure he'll be here soon. I just know it."

"Jungkook maybe we should give up this time? I mean your really sick and refuse to let us help you. We can capture him next time," Sungjin spoke quietly.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, a fire lit behind them, "you know what if you guys want to leave just leave. I'll deal with this place by myself."

"Jungkook, don't be silly. There's no way you could be fine on your own. Just come with us," Ki bum sighed.

"And what if you are wrong? What if he takes the jewels while we head back?"

"Then it's our fault not yours."

"Wrong, it's my fault because I couldn't convince you to do your job properly. 

Jin ki was annoyed, "Jungkook." The said boy slowly met his eyes, "stop taking all the responsibility by yourself. We are a team for a reason, so let us help especially when you're not well."

Jungkook sighed, "honestly I know–I just know–I'm right. And I'm feeling okay. I'm just tired, really tired."

"Exactly our point you are not in your best condition to be handling this case right now, so pack up your thing's we are leaving."

Jungkook pouted knowing there was no way around it, he had lost this round against the jewellery thief before it had actually started. Nodding they began to collect their things and head back to their cars. Unbeknownst to the team they had left a handful of documents on the counter, Jungkook checking everything was the first to notice. Everyone else was already in the van by the time Jungkook realised, fortunately Jungkook had driven his red mazda to the museum due to tight space in the van and told them he will meet them back at the station. After giving Jungkook skeptical looks asking if he was okay to drive, they had finally left, knowing Jungkook had sincerely meant what he had told them. After everyone headed home, he began walking back inside the doors locking them behind him as he walked back to security office, knocking on the door alerting the security guard of his presence. Taking the papers he made his way back to his car when he stumbled over his feet spilling the papers everywhere. Groaning he gathered the papers together and stood up. As Jungkook neared the front doors, he made a horrifying discovery, while he was tiding up the papers on his way out of the museum. Jungkook almost dropped the paper work as he dialled his partner's number. When the line went straight through, Jungkook didn't give him or anyone else listening any time to speak before he exclaimed his discovery.

"What if we were too early to come to the conclusion that it was the wrong place? What if he meant he will take it on 'day three' of the exhibition when everyone had left and not when we thought?" He rushed back inside the building back towards the exhibition, "get your over here with some back-up we have a thief to catch." 

Ending the call Jungkook ran back inside, as he continued through the museum he noticed a window, which he had made sure was securely shut prior before they called it a night, had been opened. Thus confirming his suspicions that the Jewellery Prince had come to steal the Egyptian jewels as he had suggested. He continued running towards the main area the Jewels were being held, catching a drift of the door closing. Pulling his gun out he snook up to the door, slowly pushing it open revealling a man wearing all black. Entering the room, he closed the door quietly behind him. The thief was cutting through the glass very carefully, not noticing Jungkook's presence. He stuck a small hand size device on the glass panel, making sure it was stuck on he grabbed the handle and slowly pulled the device away, attached to it was the glass he had cut prior. Jungkook had decided he had seen enough and crept closer, his gun held up in front as the thief stuck his hand inside the glass container.

"Freeze, put both your hands up in the air, keep 'em where I can see 'em and don't move. You are under arrest thief, whatever you do or say will be held against you in the law of court."

"Arrested? What exactly for?" Jungkook froze it was the first time he had heard the thief speak, his voice was so, so deep that his heart skipped a beat–he did not know why; he assumed it was the surprise that caused it. Jungkook cleared his sore throat, now was not the time to be thinking of such things. 

"For stealing what doesn't belong to you and embezzling it into the black market."

The thief chuckled his tone deep and musculine, Jungkook had to admit he was jealous, "oh is that so? I don't ever recall returning items to their rightful owner being classified as stealing. I am merely doing a sin for the greater good. I am a servant who works for my master. I work for money, that is my job."

Jungkook frowned, "Why? Why does it have to be that way? You could do so much greater good without sinning. Stealing is stealing there is no way around it."

The thief almost laughed but he settled for a scoff, "you think the world is a nice place, don't you? That is why you are an idiot. Blinded by it's infinite beauty, desiring peace from all beings great and weak. Equality. Fairness. Love. But have you ever stopped to take a moment, a moment to notice the earth's flaws? Nothing is ever perfect, there is no such thing as doing something for the 'greater good without sinning'."

The thief turned around to face the officer who had caught him in his act, Jungkook took in his appearance, the man was wearing a mask, white in all it's glory silver lining all around it's edging. Jungkook couldn't help but be distracted by it's beauty. All though he was a thief he had excellent taste, Jungkook mentally scolded himself for getting distracted and having a similar taste to the criminal–it made him feel sick to the bone, or at least, he thought that it was due to that and not because he had barely eaten anything but coffee in the last fourteen hours, let alone slept. As if a switch had been flipped he began feeling a little dizzy, but he managed to cover it up. Jungkook raised his gun towards the other's chest as he moved in closer to a two meter radius.

"Pu-put your hands on your head and turn around," the other rolled his eyes before doing as he was told.

When Jungkook took a step forward to cuff him he turned his upper body around grabbing Jungkook's arm ripping the gun from his grip, letting it fall to the ground before throwing Jungkook over his shoulder and onto the ground, knocking him down instantly. Jungkook groaned as he thought feeling like , if he wants a fight, he's gonna get a fight. Jungkook swung his leg to try and knock the other down, only for him to see it coming and jump over it. Jungkook rolls himself into a crouch position before standing up, the two began fighting each other like men. The two blocking each other's moves as they pranced around the room in an effort to knock the other down. Jungkook swung his arm only for the thief to lean back as he swung in the opposite direction, missing collision by a strand of hair. The thief settled the fight with a strong horse kick to the other's abdomen, knocking Jungkook down to the ground. As Jungkook opened his eyes he saw his gun laid a mere meter away and if he had it, he would have control over the situation once more. Jungkook looked towards the thief as he stared back at him, smirking behind his mask. As the thief made his ascent towards Jungkook, Jungkook rolled towards his gun reaching for it. Upon being successful he pointed it straight at the thief as he slowly stood body trembling, gripping tightly onto his gun as he pointed it as the others chest. 

"This ends now.."

"Aaahh, you know it all makes sense now. I thought I recognised you from somewhere~" Jungkook rolled his eyes, not having enough energy to speak, "you must be the Officer handling my case. We haven't met in person yet, have we?" Ignoring Jungkook's question he asked his own–even though he knew more than he led on–as he ignored the fact that a gun was being pointed towards him.

Jungkook didn't know why but he felt obliged to say something so he mustered some of his remaining energy, "so-so what if I am. What is it to you?"

"So you are the famous Jeon Jungkook...Interesting." Jungkook didn't know what to do as he continued to point his gun towards the masked man who continued closing the distance between them, "and to answer your question, it means nothing to me except I know more about you than you can ever imagine."

"Wha–?"

His head was beginning to pound once again and he told himself that now wasn't the time to be weak, soon his eyes began to blur and his world began to spin; he knew he wasn't going to be able to catch the criminal in this state. His head was in agony, he cried out as the pain simply got tighter and tighter to the point where dropped his gun. The other watched him, slightly worried eyes hidden behind his mask. How could he feel worried for an officer whom was trying to capture him for a year now, he didn't know why but when he saw the other male beginning to collapse he leaped forward cushoning his fall. Jungkook's body went limp in his arms, the last thing Jungkook saw before he out was the masked thief's eyes gazing softly upon his own.

'Weird,' was the thought that followed before everything shut down completely.

 
 
 
––––––––––––––––––––––––––
 
I finally updated!  Thank you all for subscribing! This is the official first chapter, sorry for the extra long wait but I hope it all went to your liking~(?) 
Special thanks to taearikook for the upvote before I even updated the first chapter!~ <3 Anyways, I hope this chapter suffices the long wait.. ><

How I tried to describe the police officers work spaces...lmao + a key

|   ||–|–|–||  <   >  ||–|–|–||   |         || - represents end of work space per symbol.

   •||–|–|–||  <   >  ||–|–|–||            |–| - represents two desks per symbol.

|   ||–|–|–||  <   >  ||–|–|–||   |         > - each row and column is a different department.

                   __                             | /__ - represents doors & double doors.

                                                    • - represents the Thieves, Fraud and Embezzlement department.

Improtant note: I started year twelve this year and well, this means updates will be very slow. So it may be a little while until the next chapter, especially since I will be writing a lot for each chapter. I'll try to get the second chapter out in June~.
Anyways thank you for reading, until the next chapter~ 
 
Word Count: 5960