First Attempt

Ain't No Easy Heartbreak
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sana can confidently claim that these past few weeks have been the happiest time of her life - even taking into consideration the moment her parents agreed to let her venture off to South Korea on her own - and it's all thanks to her amazing girlfriend, Myoui Mina.

Myoui Mina: part-time barista, full-time university student with the dream of becoming a videogame designer. Just like Sana, Mina is also a Japanese foreigner who decided to move to South Korea, though for different reasons (Mina was accidentally stranded while touring around but decided that she liked it here). Sure, Mina is different from the other people Sana has dated. Very different.

For starters, she's not rich and she can't afford to buy Sana extravagant gifts or to take her out on luxurious vacations. She's also far from talkative, hesitant about public displays of affection, and perhaps a little bit awkward at times. However, in spite of it all, Sana absolutely adores Mina. Mina is probably the hardest worker she knows, determined and ambitious to fulfill her goals and dreams. She's sincere and thoughtful about everything she does, especially when it comes to expressing her feelings to Sana, whether it is through words or actions. She's an excellent listener, super sweet and affectionate when they're alone together, and her quirks are endearing. Sana could practically go on forever about Mina, but the takeaway point is that Sana likes Mina regardless of how different she is from the type of people she's used to dating (or rather, the type of people her parents expect her to date). Perhaps she could even say that she likes Mina more than anyone else she's ever dated. She likes her that much.

Just last week, Sana even invited Mina over for dinner with her parents, knowing very well that her parents weren't going to approve of Mina. She wanted them to at least meet and know her girlfriend before judging her. Though it was wishful thinking, Sana thought that Mina would eventually grow on them just like she did for her. Needless to say, dinner didn't go very well. To be brutally honest, it somehow went even worse than Sana had ever imagined. But Sana has decided not to dwell on how disastrous it was - especially when her girlfriend thinks it went 'pretty well'. She won't think about how Mina managed to do everything Sana told her not to do, like add ketchup on every single one of her dishes, and she definitely won't think about how angry she felt when her parents crinkled their noses in disgust at Mina's passionate tangent about her fascination with gaming culture. Really, she'd rather not think about any of it at all.

It's just the two of them now, Sana and Mina, spending quality time together at her place. As long as she has Mina by her side, Sana doesn't need anything else from her. She is simply going to savor every second of her time with Mina while it lasts. (Because she knows that it's not going to last.)

"Are we going to watch this movie, or are you planning to keep staring at me?"

Sana giggles at Mina's playful remark, reaching out to brush her hair away from her face. She gently cups her face thereafter and leans forward to press their foreheads together. They never break eye contact. The supposed highlight of their night, the movie they've been looking forward to watch together all week, is long forgotten.

"I can't help myself, you're so beautiful. It drives me crazy." Sana grins as she sees the corners of Mina's lips twitching upward in reaction to her words.

"You're such a flirt, you know that?"

Sana sighs softly while one of her hands slips to the back of Mina's neck, gently massaging her nape. In return, Mina begins running her fingers up and down along Sana's sides. She shudders pleasantly. "If only you knew what you do to me..."

Mina pauses for a moment, head tilted ever so slightly. "You should tell me then."

At this, Sana smirks and brings her lips to whisper into Mina's ear, deliberately brushing against the soft skin. As she pulls away, she immediately notices the darkening gaze in Mina's eyes, and she bites her lip. It doesn't take more than a second for Mina to grab Sana's face and pull her in for a deep and needy kiss. Soon, their kisses become desperate and feverish, and Sana whimpers each time she feels Mina's teeth grazing her lower lip. This is one of the rare moments in which Mina assumes the dominant role in their relationship, and this is as close to aggressive as she ever gets. If the grin on her flushed face isn't adequate enough of an indicator, Sana absolutely loves these moments.

Just as she tosses her head back to offer her girlfriend more access to her neck, Sana feels something vibrating and thinks her phone is beginning to buzz beside her on the couch. She peeks an eye open to confirm her suspicions and sees that her phone is indeed lighting up. She internally curses as she checks the caller ID. She hadn't expected to see her parents calling so soon, especially when she'd only seen them off at the airport a few days ago and later received a text message from her father assuring her that they'd returned safely to Japan. They usually called Sana about twice a month, to either check how she was doing or if there was something they needed to tell her. Sana suspects that it's the latter of the two reasons, and it definitely couldn't be any good considering how the dinner with Mina went. While Mina is preoccupied with nibbling at , Sana sneakily tucks her phone underneath the couch cushions, hoping that it'd somehow erase her phone from existence altogether.

Unfortunately for Sana, her girlfriend had a knack for pointing out things that she'd prefer to be left ignored. Of course, it's partly her own fault too. Tzuyu had once asserted that her obnoxiously loud Sailor Moon ringtone is cursed and it'll one day saunter back to backhand her across the face. Sana wonders sometimes how Tzuyu can seemingly predict the due events in her life. She'd also told Sana that she isn't capable of predict

Please log in to read the full chapter