Finished

Love in a time of desperation

" We accept the love we think we deserve." 
-Perks of being a wall flower


 

 

3rd person's P.O.V;

(A/N: this story talks about abuse and I am sorry for the way I portray hongbin.)

It was always the same each week every week, some worse than other days, hyuk came crawling to his only best friend and hyung; Leo. Leo was the one to console hyuk when hognbin would hurt hyuk and he didn't mind if he was there to comfort the younger male he would always be there. He tried to stop the abuse but hongbin is the mayor's son so he got away with it "Hyuk-ah" he held the sobbing boy in his arms "he took it way to far" well in his opinion he was out of the line when he started calling hyuk names but hyuk doesn't want to believe anything that Leo says about hongbin.

It's true that hyuk does avoid the things that hongbin does to him out of fear and in some sick twisted fantasy that conjured up in his mind is love "Hongbin doesn't love you" Leo didn't beat around the bush, he wasn't one to sugar coat things, hyuk knew Leo meant well he just didn't have to believe a word his hyung said. Hyuk loved hongbin enough to forgive him for the things he did to him "hyung hongbin didn't mean it, he was just frustrated" Leo knew hyuk tried to make excuses for his boyfriend "hyuk don't let your ignorance cloud your judgement" he didn't mean to sound rude but it was true.

Hyuk needed to leave hongbin because hongbin isn't a good man, hyuk always came to Leo battered and bruised his face black and blue on some occasions he was injured to the extent of needing hospital care. He was tired of seeing hyuk like this so broken and depressed, this wasn't the hyuk he knows, he needed his dongsaeng back "hyung hongbin didn't mean it, I swear" his eyes told a different story. "Hyuk-ah do you see what he is doing to you" Leo stood up from the wooden floor I "don't waste your love" Leo thought hyuk deserved better.

He could be his better half, he thought to himself, hyuk didn't want to leave hongbin because deep down he knew hongbin was a good man. He just lost his way and needed someone to be there for him "hyung, hongbin is a good man" hyuk tried to convince Leo or more of himself, trying to justify hongbin's actions as an act of love instead of the monstrous reality that hongbin is a monster but not the ones that hide under your bed.

"Hyuk don't you get tired of lying for him" Leo has only wanted what's best for hyuk "I am not hyung" hyuk looked down at the ground in shame "Hyuk wake up and look at yourself" Leo crouched down "if you don't leave him now you will end up in casket six feet under" Leo felt his glass heart breaking at the thought of hyuk dead and nobody would blame hongbin.

"Hyung I am scared" hyuk started to cry again, hyuk literally was. gone at this point, his weak self-more prominent nowadays "I am tired of trying" he just wanted to give in and lay down without a fight.

"Hyung please help me forget" hyuk hugged Leo tightly afraid the older male will disappear "please hyung" hyuk wanted to be loved, he longed to be loved, all he wanted was for hongbin to be knight in shining armor again. "Can you kiss me hyung" he wanted to feel the warmth of another someway and he knew the best person, his hyung, Leo would do anything for hyuk even if it meant he would get hurt in the process he would gladly step through the flames. Leo thought to himself hyuk can drag him through hell if it meant he could hold hyuk's hand, he would be there, he would follow hyuk anywhere because he loved him too much to let him go.

"Please hyung" hyuk pleaded with his hyung, Leo felt like he was taking advantage of his weak state because hyuk isn't in the right mind set. (a/n: consent is important kids, your voice matters) "Hyuk I can't" hyuk felt his heart break because even his own hyung didn't want him "do I disgust you that much" he cried even more and Leo jumped to his reassurance "no hyuk-ah" he picked up hyuks head up "I love you more than you know" he pulled him into his embrace.

"I will not kiss you because it is not the right thing" Leo wanted to kiss the younger boy so badly but when the boy was ready to let Leo love him. "Hyuk I am in love with you and I want to be with you" Leo confessed "you are hurt, confused, and lost in this world" he tried to help hyuk make sense of his reasoning. "I am myself hyuk, we are both lost souls that happened to found each other in the mist of uncertainty and loneliness" one thing was certain hyuk made Leo feel whole again.

"You need to leave hongbin" it was up to hyuk, if staying with hongbin was worth the risk, was the cost if his life worth it "don't allow yourself years of bleak days for a man that doesn't know how to love" hongbin is a self-serving bastard and he is hyuk's everything. "Be happy" Leo kissed the crown of hyuks head "All I wanted and still want for you is happiness and this is not it" hyuk was indeed still lost in the very grave he built for himself, he is still lost, there might never be a way out.