This is Love

My First Love, Our First Winter

 

Click here Is This Love - Park Saebyul ft. Super Junior KRY

 



 

 

I look in front of the mirror and fixed my hair. I just changed into my fifth scarf today and I hope this would fit whatever you may be wearing today. I think you would wear pink because it’s a color women would like the most, but since you sometimes act like a man, I don’t think you’ll be wearing that. You might wear blue because it’s your favorite color, but since it is Christmas season, you might wear something different like red or green.

 

“Kyuhyun, you’ve been panicking what to wear in your first date with Yoona for Christmas for the past hour,” my smart friend spoke.

 

“Whatever, Yesung hyung, you’re just jealous because I have a date and I finally got myself a girlfriend unlike you,” I smirked. He removed his eyes from the television and glared at me.

 

“Stop fighting, would you? Are you done fixing yourself? You’re not the only with a date this Christmas,” Siwon spoke, emerging from his room and fixing his tie.

 

“Oh right, sorry hyung,” I said and finally fixed myself for the last time. I took a last smile before heading out of the door.

 

“You forgot something, Kyu,” I turned and saw Sungmin hyung holding a paper bag.

 

“I almost forgot! Thanks, hyung!” I said and took the paper bag. I can’t believe I almost forgot this.

 

“The things I do for you,” he smiled.

 

“I owe you, hyung. Don’t worry, I’ll buy you wine some other time,” I said and he just chuckled before going back to our room.

 

“Ready?” Siwon hyung asked and I nodded.

 

We entered the car and I just can’t wait. This will be the first time I’ll celebrate Christmas with someone. It just also happens to be, you, Im Yoona, the beautiful girl from the theater arts department. I can still remember when I first laid my eyes on you.

 

I was running late for my classes and I just forgot to wear my contacts that day. I had my glasses and ran as fast as I could. While I was running, I wasn’t able to see that someone was in front of me. I bumped with her and my glasses fell. I couldn’t see properly, so I had to ‘feel’ my surroundings in order to find my glasses. Just then, someone wore me my glasses and I was stunned to see you so close to me. You asked me if I was fine and I nodded. I was too speechless at that moment. You were just so beautiful that I just savored that moment. I bluntly say my name and you laughed my words, saying how ‘cute’ I looked at that moment. That day, I got scolded by my math professor for being late, but I didn’t mind because it was all worth it.

 

I also remember how I ‘asked for help’ from Sungmin hyung. I call it getting to know more information about you, but they call it ‘stalking’. I wasn’t a creepy stalker like what they say. So I may have bribed Sungmin hyung to take pictures of you fro afar, but it was because I couldn’t help it. You were just so beautiful and I was just so captivated by your beauty. I remember that you caught us one time and I thought you forgot my name, but you remembered it very clearly, even my last name, which if I’m not mistaken, I never mentioned to you. I never questioned you how were you able to know my favorite things, but from that day on, we became closer. We would see and meet each other often. Until one day, I got the courage to ask you.

 

That day I clearly remembered. I asked the help of your classmates and even rented the school’s auditorium. Some laughed at my idea, but some supported me since they said that they never saw anyone so dedicated for you. When you arrived, you just came from dress rehearsal. You were wearing a beautiful yellow sparkling dress that was up to mid-thigh. You were still wearing a Santa hat and heels. You entered and wondered why there were balloons with hearts everywhere. Rose petals were also scattered everywhere. Music began to play and I remember the song, ‘Is this love by Park Saebyul ft. Super Junior KRY’. I always wondered if you feel the same way about me so it took every ounce of effort and courage to step out of the stage. When you reached the end of the stage, you smiled and I saw you blush. You asked me what was happening. I just gave you a bouquet and knelt down in front of you.

 

‘I don’t care what others say. Others had laughed at what I’m doing and what I’m about to say, but I thought that their opinions will never matter because your answer and opinion will be the only thing that will matter to me right now. Im Yoona, will you go out with me?’

 

I must have shocked you because you didn’t reply immediately. I was starting to lose hope but you smiled and bent down to hug me. You were happy to say that you finally had a boyfriend who seems so worth it. I never had a girlfriend because you’re my first and I find it special.

 

From that moment on, my life changed. I wasn’t just Cho Kyuhyun, computer engineering student and nerd anymore. I was Cho Kyuhyun, boyfriend of Im Yoona. At first it was hard to get over everyone’s bullying, but you helped me and helped me remind myself that your opinion will matter the most.

 

Here are now, celebrating our first Christmas together and our first anniversary.

 

“Excited, are we?” Siwon teased me.

 

“Of course! Yoona’s my first and hopefully last girlfriend. And we’re celebrating our first anniversary tonight during Christmas season!” I exclaimed. Maybe I was too excited and hyper that Siwon hyung got surprised at my actions.

 

“Sorry, you know that I just get carried away when it’s about Yoona. I just… Up to now I still can’t get over the fact that she’s my girlfriend. Hyung, I’m her boyfriend, can you believe that?!” I said and suddenly he was laughing.

 

“Now I know why she fell for you,” he chuckled. I glared at him, but he just smiled.

 

Maybe this is what he felt when Sooyoung said yes to him. There was just too much happiness that you can’t put to words what you want to say. I know that we’ve been together for a year, but there are many things we haven’t done. It sounds stupid, but we haven’t had our first kiss yet. I’m just waiting for the perfect moment and she isn’t even complaining.

 

“Ready to get kissed under the mistletoe, Kyu?” Siwon hyung suddenly said. I turned to him and my eyes widened.

 

“It’s about time you get to kiss her. You’ve been together for a year and even though she doesn’t voice it out, she also wants to be kissed,” hyung said. “The most romantic to do it is under the mistletoe. When it’s there, gently kiss her. Don’t rush. You’ll be able to taste her lips by then.”

 

I swear that I’m red by now by what hyung had said. I also want to feel her lips, but I’m scared. What if it doesn’t become as romantic as we expect? What if it isn’t how she wanted?

 

“Just don’t stress yourself, okay? Just spend your moments together,” he said and we parked the car. We both went down and knocked at the door. It wasn’t long when someone opened the door.

 

“Oh, you’re here. I’ll just call the girls,” Taeyeon said and went back to call the girls we were gonna date.

 

It didn’t took a long time when Sooyoung stepped out and Siwon’s dimples were as deep as a well and his smile was so big that it can even surpass his ears. She greeted me before holding Siwon’s arms and leaving with his car.

 

About half a minute later, the door moved and revealed a beautiful girl in a white turtleneck sleeveless dress. She smiled at me and I smiled back to her. My heart was racing. She was as beautiful as ever. If Santa would ask me what I want for Christmas. I don’t think I can answer him. Right now, Yoona makes me happy and there’s nothing or no one that can take that away from me. Maybe they were right when they said I’ve always been happy since Yoona entered my life. What can I do? She’s the sun that lights my life.

 

“Ready?” I bowed and stretched out my hand like a prince would. She giggled and took my hand.

 

We walked towards the subway station with our hands swaying like swings in a children’s park. We promised to make a simple date. She preferred to walk than ride on cars and would love to eat anywhere because as she said, ‘it doesn’t matter how expensive you eat, but who you eat with.’

 

Going down to the bus station, I put my hand out for her to take. She smiled and held it. Our fingers clasped with each other, fitting the spaces between each other’s fingers. She gave me a smile warm before walking to the subway. There were a lot of people so I held unto her tightly. Even if we were surrounded by many people, in my eyes, the one who stood out was the girl who loves me.

 

I can see how the guys would look at her and disappointment would be written all over their faces when they see her holding my hand and smiling at me. I would smile back at her and feel like I’m the luckiest person in the world. Oh wait; I am the luckiest person in the world.

 

There were too many people that the subway trains are filled with too many people. Even on a winter eve like this, the amount of people is overwhelming.

 

“Kyu…” I saw Yoona having a hard time. I pulled ourselves closer to one another for fear that we may get separated.

 

“Just hold unto me. Hug me if you want to, just so won’t be lost,” I whispered to her and kissed the top of her head.

 

After saying those, she hugged me tight. I used my right arm to hug her back and my other to hold unto the train’s bar. It was hard, but we wanted to experience this. I was actually enjoying this, her hugging me in this crowded people. I don’t care if they look at us weirdly. Right now, all that matters is us.

 

I love the way she rests her head on my chest. Can she hear the loud beating of my heart? It always beat wildly when I’m with her and I can’t control it.

 

“Kyuhyun, what’s that?” She pointed to the gift I have for her that I was still holding.

 

“It’s my Christmas gift for you. I decide to carry it around for you for now,” I smiled and she smiled back.

 

I don’t know how long the ride was but since I know that the place we’re going is just two stops away from where we came from, we had to get out from the subway immediately.

 

We tried to get out among the sea of people and when we did, we were just laughing at how we struggle to get out. We walked along the streets of this winter eve. We walked along those small stalls that sell accessories and she looked at the items there. All the things that she tried look good at her, so I say yes when she asks me if it looks good on her. I can’t lie, but she thinks I am. I can’t lie to her and she’s accusing me of lying. I just chuckled at her accusation and picked up a cute bracelet and placed it on her wrist.

 

“It looks good on you,” I said and smiled at her. That was all that I have to do before she paid the saleslady.

 

“Are you hungry?” I asked and she nodded with a pout.

 

I bought her to what was like heaven for us. Since it was a weekend night, the sidewalks were filled with food stalls. I saw her eyes glittered at the sight and pulled me to every food stall. Eating without having a care if we have to be classy is the best kind of food date we’ve been. I would wipe the sauce from the side of and she would do the same. After eating, she was very happy. She seems really happy from the food that we ate.

 

“Wow, Kyu, that was the best place I have ever eaten at! Even better at an expensive restaurant,” she said and gave me a peck on my cheek. I stopped walking and held the cheek that she kissed. She turned at me and rolled her eyes. I’m still not used to with her kissing me on the cheek.

 

We walked a little more before we sat down at a bench at the park. She held my hands and took the gift I have for her.

 

“Can I open it now?” She asked and I let her do it. I watch her as she open the gift with joy. Her eyes look at my gift in amazement.

 

“Open it,” I said and when she did, she gasped.

 

It was a scrapbook, mostly filled with our pictures. It was like a scrapbook and storybook of our first encounter up to the most recent things we did. She flipped the pages and I can see how she laughs at the things that were there. Besides pictures, there were the smallest things that happened in our interactions and dates, like the first movie ticket we had, the candy wrapper of the candy she first gave me, the band aid she handed me when she saw my small cut I received while cutting something because I helped the theater club on their props because you were part of it and many more. It was a big chunk of book to be exact.

 

“Kyu, who took those photos?” She asked.

 

“Sungmin hyung,” I answered. The shots were beautifully taken and I really owe him big time.

 

“But these were the times when we weren’t even together,” she noticed.

 

“Because I like you even before we met,” I said and hugged her tight. She smiled and wrapped her arms on my neck.

 

“Thank you, Kyu. This is the best Christmas and anniversary gift I have received,” she smiled.

 

“Not yet,” I said and she tilted her head. I pulled her to the nearby swings.

 

“What are we doing here?” She chuckled as we stand in between the two swings in the playground.

 

“Do you see that clock?” I said and pointed to the giant clock that could be seen from where we are.

 

“What about it?”

 

“Wait for it until it reaches midnight,” I said and we waited until the clock strikes twelve, which was just a few seconds away. And when it did, I turned her to look at me.

 

“Look up,” I pointed and above was a mistletoe.

 

“Happy Anniversary and advance merry Christmas to us,” I said and pulled her for our first kiss. She was surprised at my actions but responded immediately. I wrapped my arms on her waist and her arms on my neck. I never knew this was how it felt when you kiss the one you love. The feeling of fireworks fire in my heart and the blood of my whole body was rushing. It was the best way to get our first kiss.

 

When we pulled away, we placed our foreheads on each other and giggled.

 

“Best Christmas and anniversary present ever,” Yoona said and pulled me for another kiss.