Final

Baby's Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seokjin held Jimin close to him as his fever raged, trying to lull the sniffling boy to sleep. They had been to the doctor earlier that day, and he had told Seokjin that it was just a common cold and to keep Jimin warm and hydrated, and it would be gone soon.

 

Seokjin sighs as he feels Jimin’s forehead again. The medicine the doctor had prescribed was working, and small boy’s temperature was slowly but surely going down, but Jimin was still distressed and crying in his arms— his large eyes filled with tears and pained whimpers leaving his mouth that shot straight at Seokjin’s heart.

“There there sweetheart. You’ll be okay.” he said as he tried his best to soothe the upset boy. Jimin had his head laid on Seokjin’s broad shoulders and his small body cradled against Seokjin’s chest. He was three now but he was still so small for his age that he easily fit into his arms.

 

Jimin started crying again when the doorbell rang and Seokjin draped Jimin’s baby blanket, that the boy still held close, around him, as he went to go get the door. The man looked through the eyehole and saw the familiar shock of blond hair as he clicked the lock open.

“Hey.” he said surprised, propping the door open with his other free shoulder. “I wasn’t expecting you today.” and Yoongi frowned slightly at him.

Yoongi was his good friend and he conveniently lived in the same apartment as him— though Seokjin thinks Yoongi moved here on purpose to help Seokjin when he was still a new dad suddenly raising a baby on his own. Yoongi had been there for him through everything.

“Yeah, I wasn’t planning on coming, but then I heard from Taehyung that Jimin was sick.” Yoongi said leaning over to brush fingers through Jimin’s sweaty hair and Seokjin turned a little so he could get a look at the boy. Jimin’s eyes were still wet with tears and he had his thumb in his mouth. “He only does that when he’s really upset.” Yoongi said and Seokjin nodded frowning.

 

“Yeah. I’ve been trying to get him to sleep for a while, but he just keeps crying. Want to come in?” He asked as an afterthought and Yoongi nodded stepping into the home and taking off his shoes.

 

Jimin looked at Yoongi and whimpered to be picked up, making grabby hands until Yoongi easily took the boys from Seokjin’s tired arms and held him close.

“Let’s get you to sleep sweetheart.” Yoongi whispered affectionately as he carefully switched to a position where Jimin was cradled close to his chest, and then started to rock back and forth soothingly as he headed to Jimin’s room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter