Happy birthday, Byulie.

Happy 별's day!

Moonbyul and Solar were cleaning up the RBW cafe after finishing their 'Happy 별's day!' Vlive. Solar was moving the cake carefully to the refrigerator while Moonbyul was placing the moobongs they used as lightings back where they belong as well as the head gears they both used. 

"Unnie!" Moonbyul called out calmly as she approached the fridge and held it open for Solar. Solar hummed to let her know that she was listening as she carefully placed the cake into the fridge. "I wasn't kidding about going to your house."

Solar chuckled at the younger girl's shameless self invitation to her house but nodded. "Sure. Whatever you want, birthday girl."

"Really? I can?!" Moonbyul said excitedly as she closed the fridge door.

"Yeah of course." Solar replied. "You practically live there already. Will Seulgi be alright though?"

"Don't worry about her. She'll be fine." Moonbyul said as she realised her sister was already probably sleeping anyway. 

Suddenly, her phone rang and vibrated in her back pocket. She reached behind and took it out and saw it flashing 'Minhyukie'.

"Oh?" She said surprised to see the caller ID. She looked to Solar who was peering over her shoulders with a smirk and blushed before excusing herself. "One second." 

"Ah yes~" Solar said smirking and teasing the younger girl. "The lover boy beckons."

"Aish unnie!" Moonbyul whined as she stepped to the corner of the cafe for some privacy before answering. "Yoboseyo?"

"Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~" Moonbyul sat down on a bench by the window and hugged her legs to her chest as she listened to the soothing singing on the other line. 

She glanced to Solar and almost laughed when she saw her making kissy faces at from across the room. She then gestured to the lobby's direction before leaving to give Moonbyul some privacy as the person on the other end finished seranading Moonbyul.

"Gomawo." Moonbyul said softly as she smiled. "You sang it well."

"I did?" Minhyuk replied. Moonbyul could practically hear the smirk forming on his lips just then, "Then I guess I deserve a present."

She laughed at her boyfriend's silliness and playfully attacked back. "It's my birthday and you're the one who wants a present."

"Pretty much." He said and they laughed together before turning silent. Moonbyul then heard him take in a breath, "I'm kidding. Your existance is already a gift."

She blushed madly and thanked God he was nowhere around to see her. She held herself together and , "Greaseball."

"Look who's talking." He laughed before turning silent again. He then sighed remorsefully, "It feels like I haven't spoken to you in forever." 

"I know." She said as she placed her head on her knees, sighing as well. Both Mamamoo and BTOB have been so busy with their hectic schedule these days which made it super hard for them to have time to contact each other. "How was Japan?"

"It was nice." He said before continuing to explain to her what his group did in Japan. She patiently listened to his explanation until he went quiet. She was about to speak up again but he beat her to it.

"I miss you." He said so sincerely that it made Moonbyul's heart skip a beat.

"I.. miss you too." She said shyly and quietly while blushing again. 

"I uh.. have a gift for you." He said nervously over the phone. She smiled at his kind thought.

"Oppa, you didn't have to get me anything, really I-" She started before getting cut off by him.

"I wanted too." He insisted. Her body relaxed again at his words as her smile got bigger.

"Thank you." She said cutely, "I'll come get it soon." 

"Aniya. You don't need to do that." His reply made her eyebrows creased together in confusion.

"Then how would I get it then?" She asked. She then noticed the line went quiet, "Yoboseyo? Oppa?"

"By turning around." A deep voice from behind her voiced out.

She jumped slightly as she turned around. She came face to face with no one other than Minhyuk himself. "Oppa!" 

"Anneyong." He greeted her cooly, walking over. She got up from the bench as he approached her, still in a daze, not able to believe that he was really there. He grabbed her hand with a smile and sat her down next to him on the bench.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him, blushing slightly at their skin contact. 

"Can't a guy come visit his girlfriend on her birthday?" He asked, grinning widely at her.

"Of course you can." She smiled up to him, causing his heart to skip a beat. "I'm happy you're here."

"I'm happy too." He said softly. He then gently squeezed her hand and smiled to her."Close your eyes please." A look of confusion flashed on her face but she did what he requested without much question.

Minhyuk took a deep breath before reaching into his pocket and taking out a small box. He opened it and took the necklace he bought before putting it on her careful not to get it tangled in her hair. After he pulled away, she opened her eyes slowly as her hand reached up to her neck. 

"Op..pa" Moonbyul said as she admired the necklace before looking back at him. "This must have cost a fortune. You shouldn't have."

Minhyuk smiled softly at her kind consideration and gently grabbed her hand again, "I wanted to. Don't worry about it. It's been a pretty blessed year for me and I wanted to get you something nice. Do you like it?"

"Nae. I love it." She answered affirmatively. She then leant over and kissed his cheek, "Thank you."

Now, it was his turn to blush as it was obvious tha his cheeks were turning red from her actions. They stared into each other's eyes for a while before a look of horror flashed across Moonbyul's face as she turned away from him immediately. He was surprised to say the least. Had he done something?

"Jagi, what's wrong?" He asked softly squeezing her hand. She refused to budge, "Byul?"

"Aniya. It's nothing." She said fastly. Not turning back to him.

"If it's nothing then look at me." He chuckled.

"No." Moonbyul said like a child refusing to eat vegetables.

"Why~?" He then heard her mumble something but failed to make out the words. "Hmm?"

She groaned in embarrassment that he was making her repeat it before replying in a quiet voice, "I'm not wearing any make up." 

Minhyuk laughed slightly and felt relieved. Was that all? He leant closer to her again. This time, he wrapped an arm around her waist and gently pulled her closer as he used his free hand to turn her head gently towards him. He chuckled as he saw that she shut her eyes tight, not wanting to look at him. He kissed her cheek and burried his nose in her neck.

"You look beautiful." He said softly, smiling as she gave in and opened her eyes.

"Liar." She retorted, not believing his words. He pulled away and look into her eyes before scrunching his face playfully.

"Okay, so maybe not beautiful bu-" he was cut off as she started hitting his arm playfully, not able to beleieve he just said what he did.

"Oppa!" She mocked hurt. She laughed and continued to hit his arm, careful to make sure that she didn't really hurt him.

"I'm kidding! Have mercy!" He begged her, she then stopped hitting him and he complimented her, "You're beautiful. I mean it."

"Yeah. You better mean it!" She smirked as she hit him one last time.

She then got the courage to lean over to his face slowly before kissing him softly. He kissed her back just as softly. After a while, they pulled away, both blushing. 

"Best birthday present ever." She said playfully, pecking his lips once more.

"Even better than Lotte World?" He asked, smirking.

"Okay." She said out loud before confessing cheekily, "Second best birthday present ever."

"I'll accept that." Minhyuk said happily smiling to her. Moonbyul cuddled him for a moment before looking at their joined hands and sighing.

"I really don't wanna go but.." she started as she lifter her head off his shoulder. "Yongsun unnie's waiting for me." 

"Yeah." He said agreeing as he glanced to the wall clock before getting up, "We should probably go then."

They made their way hand in hand to go find Solar, occasionally bumping their shoulders together. Moonbyul looked up to him and for the first time that night, really looked at him. She could see that he was tired from travelling and performing from the look in his eyes and also the bags under them. He could've been resting at home but he was there with her. She felt so loved and so thankful. He noticed her staring and raised his eyebrows at her. She squeezed his hand even tighter.

"Thank you, oppa." She said sincerely.

"For what?" He asked casually, leading her through the hallways of the RBW headquarters.

"For the necklace, for saying I'm beautiful.. for coming here." She said just above a whisper, "I really miss you."

He stopped walking and looked her directly in the eyes and she could've sworn she felt her heart literally melting under his intense gaze. "Not half as much as I miss you."

He pulled her into a hug for a while, not caring about anything else in the world. After they pulled away, they went to where Solar was waiting. Solar was fiddling with her phone when she heard footsteps approaching her. She looked up and was surprised to see them.

"Oh? You're done already? That was fast." She said as she stood up and passed Moonbyul her jacket. 

"Thanks for letting me steal her away for a moment." Minhyuk said to Solar.

"Not a problem. Thanks for coming and making her birthday even more special." Solar smiled as she watched him help Moonbyul into her jacket, thankful that her friend found someone who treats her right.

Minhyuk escorted them to their car where their manager was waiting. He greeted Mamamoo's manager, Hyelim before bidding them farewell and heading on his way.

"I still can't believe Byul is the first to date out of the four of you." Hyelim commented as the girls strapped themselves in. 

"I know right?" Solar replied. She then poke Moonbyul's cheeks cutely. 

"But it's understandable." Hyelim continued as she started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot. ""When you find a guy like that.. you don't let him go." 

"You heard that Byulie?" Solar asked the younger girl before reaching over a patting her chin, "Aigooo, our Byulie did well."

Moonbyul didn't know what to do but laughed out of embarrassment. The ride carried on with them talking about how good Minhyuk and Moonbyul are for each other and how they approved of the relationship. After Solar and Hyelim shared their inputs on the MinByul relationship, Moonbyul thought she was going to die out of embarrassment. 

"Excuse me.." Moonbyul said cutting in, "Why does the ride home feel longer tonight?"

"I'm taking the long route." Hyelim said playfully. "We'll have plenty of time to talk Byulie ah! Don't worry!"

"Oooo, unnieee!" Solar said excitedly getting their manager's attention. Hyelim craned her neck up while keeping her eyes on the road to let Solar know she was listening. "Do you remember how he asked for everyone's permission to date Byulie?"

"Ya! He really did ask everyone. Like everyone!" Hyelim replied nodding her head in amazement, "such a man."

"Right?!" Solar agreed.

Moonbyul adapted to the situation she was put in and accepted it. She listened to their stories and opinions with a smile playing on her lips- happy that they approve of her choices. 

She then remembered something she wanted to do, she too out her phone and posted her birthday gift for Moomoos on Mamamoo's fancafe. She then looked up at the stars and thought about how blessed she was. 

She had the best family, she was living the dream with three of her best friends (more like sisters), the company's staff were the best people in the industry, she had the best boyfriend and on top of all that, she had their Moomoos. What more could she ask for? This truly was the best birthday yet.