END

Blank Space


 

Nice to meet you, where you been?
I could show you incredible things
Magic, madness, heaven, sin
Saw you there and I thought
Oh my God, look at that face
You look like my next mistake
Love's a game, wanna play?

New money, suit and tie
I can read you like a magazine
Ain't it funny, rumors fly
And I know you heard about me
So hey, let's be friends
I'm dying to see how this one ends
Grab your passport and my hand
I can make the bad guys good for a weekend

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game

'Cause we're young and we're reckless
We'll take this way too far
It'll leave you breathless
Or with a nasty scar
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
But I've got a blank space, baby
And I'll write your name

Cherry lips, crystal skies
I could show you incredible things
Stolen kisses, pretty lies
You're the King, baby, I'm your Queen
Find out what you want
Be that girl for a month
Wait, the worst is yet to come, oh no

Screaming, crying, perfect storms
I can make all the tables turn
Rose garden filled with thorns
Keep you second guessing like
"Oh my God, who is she?"
I get drunk on jealousy
But you'll come back each time you leave
'Cause, darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game

'Cause we're young and we're reckless
We'll take this way too far
It'll leave you breathless
Or with a nasty scar
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
But I've got a blank space, baby
And I'll write your name

Boys only want love if it's torture
Don't say I didn't say, I didn't warn ya
Boys only want love if it's torture
Don't say I didn't say, I didn't warn ya

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game

'Cause we're young and we're reckless
We'll take this way too far
It'll leave you breathless
Or with a nasty scar
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
But I've got a blank space, baby
And I'll write your name

 

 

She was standing there; staring up the stage. Everyone was waving their arms side to side as some lady belted out the song and everyone sang along with her. She was no exception. The smile on face was wide from ear to ear. Her heart was swelled with love and her body filled with warmth.

“.... And you love the gameeeeee~!”

Everyone echoed after the singer. It was really fun and everybody was moving on their feet.

“But I’ve got a blank space, baby and I’ll write your name~”

She smiled when their eyes met. She has already written that person’s name on her heart. She was wondering if hers was on that person’s heart too.  The song soon came to an end and everyone was screaming names.

“SICA! JESSICA!!!!”

Her fans were truly loyal. After one year of turmoil and confusion, at last, everything came to a complete end. The moving on was tough and almost excruciating but they made it somehow. It was crazy at how things were broken in two for the both of them.

“Thanks for coming to my concert today. It has been a long time since I stood on this stage and sing for every one of you tonight. I would sincerely like to apologize to everyone for the pain we have put our fans through. I know it was really difficult for you at first. After one year has gone by, I finally realized what I’ve put everyone through including the members themselves.  It was foolish of us to break our fans’ hearts like that and forcibly pushed the fans to move on without any explanation and reasons for the broken SNSD. I sincerely apologize to all of you – I’m sorry.”

 She looked on with tears in her eyes as the singer controlled her emotions. Tears brimmed in the eyes and everyone was chanting her name again and again. Even she was obliged to chant the name of the one she loves so dearly.

“Thank you for still believing in me. Thank you for still putting your trust in SNSD. Thank you for supporting us all this while despite the hurt we inflicted on our fans for the past one year. And I would personally like to thank one person who helped me throughout this horrible journey. I’m aware of all the accusations thrown to her and I would like to apologize for putting her through unnecessary pain.”

A hand was put out to the crowd to where she stood. The one she loves held out her hand; urging her to take it with a smile and tears falling from the corner of her eyes. She stretched her arm out and held on tightly.

She was pulled gently and she followed through. The crowd was already screaming excitedly and some were patting on her shoulders.

“YOONSIC! YOONSIC!”

“OMG ITS YOONA!”

“OMG YOONSIC IS STILL ALIVE!”

“DEAR GOD, YOONSIC SHIP IS STILL SAILING!”

She smiled widely and Jessica was already pulling her up the stage. The crowd went wild and there were a few who shed tears of joy immediately.

“Seems like everyone misses YoonSic.”

Jessica teased the fans that were begrudgingly screaming at them; agreeing without hesitation.

“I miss YoonSic too. We both miss YoonSic so much.”

Jessica smiled and Yoona stood next to her. They held their hands tightly; not wanting to let go. Yoona’s smile was up to her ears.

“I really miss Yoona so much. She’s the one member whom I miss so dearly. Sometimes I would cry waking up, after realizing that Yoona’s no longer with me by my side. Honestly it felt like a betrayal but this beautiful girl here didn’t stop trying to bridge me back to her. She never stopped; patiently and gently; urging me to return back to her. I must say, I couldn’t give her up so easily too.”

Everyone was silent; tears were shed and sobs could be heard in the background. Jessica was struggling to keep her emotions in check but she was one person who was blatantly honest about her feelings. All her hidden pain; tormented hurt and all the time she wished Yoona was beside her – came undone.

“Thank you for not giving up on me, Yoona. Thank you for silently and quietly stood by me and spiritually held me together strongly. It was because of you I could take a step back and realize that this fight was totally redundant.”

Yoona could only smile. She doesn’t need words. Her presence was strong enough to comfort Jessica.  Yoona took her mike and smiled at Jessica before turning to face the crowd. God, she misses this. She misses standing on the stage as much as Jessica. She stood in awe as everyone chanted her name again and again.

“YOONA! YOONA! YOONA!”

She scanned from left to right; the crowd; the fans; the people who love SNSD more than anything else – each one of them was screaming her name endearingly.  She put the mike closer to and with her quivering lips; she greeted the fans for the very first time.

“Hi everyone.”

Thunderous roars and claps could be heard from the audience. Some guy was whistling at her too.

“당신은 예뻐요!”

Yoona’s cheeks blushed and her smile was so ever shy like she used to do before.

“Thank you for your never-ending support. We love you all!”

The crowd went crazy and Jessica’s first ever solo concert was a huge success.

-

Jessica headed back to Yoona’s place. The latter had moved into her place; away from the public eye. Yoona had quit the entertainment industry and set-up a small bistro near to her neighbourhood. She was the main cook and everyone adored her food.

Jessica went straight to their room. Yoona’s place was a studio apartment with one room and a hall. But Yoona spent most of her time in the kitchen. Like always, Yoona would whip up some dishes for Jessica.

“Smells good~”

Yoona looked up to find Jessica in her night gown and her hair bundled up with a towel. She smiled widely as she made her way to Yoona before wrapping her arms around her waist.

“What did you cook today?”

“I was thinking salmon.”

Jessica narrowed her eyes together. Yoona grinned.

“Do you think I’m that evil?”

“Well, you’re a prankster.”

“You DO know you’re quite violent at times, right?”

“You deserve it sometimes.”

Jessica sulked and turned away but Yoona was quick to grab her arm and pulled her closer. She rested her chin on Jessica’s shoulders and lightly kissed her older girlfriend’s neck.

“Yes, I’m the bad one.”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“You must be tired.”

“Are you complaining that I’m hot tempered now?”

“Wow where did that come from?”

“I’m exhausted, hungry and annoyed. Can I have my dinner soon?”

“Of course you can. Why don’t you take a rest first?”

“You don’t need me to help you?”

Yoona gently took Jessica’s hand into hers. She squeezed it before pulling her girlfriend along with her. She made Jessica sit on the sofa and she the television. Jessica was eyeing her with curiosity. Yoona smiled before she put on some American sitcom – Suits. That was Jessica’s favourite.

“Wow!”

“Yeah, you can sit here and watch Harvey while I make dinner for us.”

“You don’t mind me salivating over him?”

“Baby, he can’t see you.”

“Shut up.”

Yoona chuckled softly before kissing Jessica’s forehead. The playful banter between the pair had always been sweet. Yoona would irritate the hell out of Jessica but at the same time, shower her with lots of love and most of the time; she would pamper the older girl with anything the latter wanted.

Their relationship grew over time. They were straight before this relationship developed. Both were dating guys and the relationships were in the spotlight. And the regretted moment when Jessica was ousted from the group; it took a toll on Yoona.

It was difficult not having her favourite unnie around with her so when it was time for her to attempt to make a Chinese drama; Yoona jumped on it straightaway. She left for China conveniently and had been there ever since.

It wasn’t easy for her but the drama took her mind off. Her relationship with her then-boyfriend was also strained due to the long distance. But of course, being Mr Nice Guy, the ex-boyfriend broke up with her amicably. It didn’t take long before Yoona realized why Jessica had taken a huge gist of her life – she loves Jessica, a lot. She loves the older girl very much and it scared her at one time.

While Yoona was confused with her heart, Jessica was hiding away from the limelight; focused on her business and endured harsh comments and even the horrible netizens who would never stop breathing down her neck.

She was extremely tired but she had to move on; she had to go on. Both parties kept mum about the separation and Jessica wondered if this was the right move. Of course, she would conveniently push the blame to the girls and many believed that Jessica was the betrayer. Well, it was difficult to pretend to be strong but Jessica knew there was no way back anymore.

SNSD was long gone for her. And of course, she couldn’t stand being in the same room with the other girls anymore. It was really sad but Jessica knew this was just momentary. But as time went by, Jessica slowly found herself being alone more often than before. So what if her business went well but her heart was empty?

There was a blank space in her book of life and Jessica had no idea what she should write next. So she took the liberty to break up with her boyfriend and moved on with her life. She returned to America and started her new life. She has lost connection with the entertainment business and once again, her business had become her solely top priority.

-

Two years later, her business boomed. She had become the top entrepreneur and her brand was well-known globally. She was approached by many entertainment agencies but Jessica has lost interest in that. She declined the offers. Then one day, Jessica received a call from Korea. She frowned as she didn’t recognize the number blinking on her phone. Nevertheless, she answered it.

“Hello?”

“Jessica Jung?”

“Yes, I am. Who’s this?”

There was a pause and a soft sigh came next. Jessica couldn’t really recognize the person’s voice but she waited patiently for the person to reply.

“Don’t you remember me anymore, unnie?”

Jessica’s eyes grew larger when she recognized that notion – the way the person expressed “unnie” was full of aegyo. Only one person would do that – Im Yoona.

“Yoona?”

Jessica spoke softly.

“Yes, this is Yoona.”

“How – how did you get my number?”

“I had to pull some strings and went through a lot to get your number.”

“Did Krystal give it to you?”

“No, I don’t have Krystal’s number.”

“Huh?”

“I’ve let SM Entertainment, unnie. I’ve left the entertainment industry.”

“What – what did you say?”

“I’ve left the entertainment industry. I’m no longer Im Yoona, from SNSD or the actress anymore.”

Jessica was a little surprised. Yoona was doing well and the media adored her. Why did she leave when she was at the peak of her success?

“You must be wondering why I left?”

“Hm?”

“I left because you left.”

Jessica was shocked.

“What’s the point of putting up a brave front when everyone was crumbling down inside? It was so difficult for me; at least. I don’t know how others coped with this loss – this pain of losing you, unnie.”

“Ya~ you were doing well, Yoona.”

“I rather do well with you by my side.”

“So, you left and what happened to the other members?”

“They left for other agencies. Most of them are doing solo work. I’m the only one; leaving the industry totally.”

That was the day when both Yoona and Jessica had a heartfelt conversation. Jessica soon realized that she was being selfish; thinking that she was the only one having a hard time. She never thought her dongsaengs were struggling as well especially Yoona.

“Seohyun returned to studies. She took a break and went on to pursue higher qualification. Well, Seohyun’s smart.”

Yoona chuckled softly; totally unaware at how much Jessica’s heart wretched at the thought of her members breaking apart because of her departure from the group.

“Taeyeon unnie is still singing; Tiffany unnie is in musicals; Soo Young unnie set up an orphanage school for orphans and for children whose parents couldn’t afford to send them to a proper school; Hyoyeon unnie is a choreographer; Yuri unnie took to song writing and Sunny unnie prefers to deejay.”

“And what are you doing now?”

“I have a small bistro in my neighbourhood and became a cook instead. I enjoy it very much.”

“Yoona, are you still mad at me for leaving?”

She could hear Yoona’s soft chuckling as a response.

“I don’t want to think about it anymore, unnie. We all had our fair share of heart aches and broken dreams etc. But we had put it behind us now. I’m sure you have too. You’re a successful businesswoman now. You’re so much better than anyone of us right now.”

“No, that’s not true.”

“We just talked about you during our last gathering. We’re really proud of you, unnie. Maybe leaving the group gave you greater heights to achieve your dreams.”

That was painful. And the heartstrings in her heart started to stir.

“I’m sorry, Yoona.”

“Don’t be sorry. We’re not mad at you. We won’t be staying at the top for long anyway.”

Jessica couldn’t hear anymore. She knew she had to return to Seoul to meet her members. For some reason, Jessica sincerely wanted to meet them. She needed them to know that she still cares and loves them for all these years.

-

The nine of them were finally together in the same room. Of course, it was a little awkward and Jessica couldn’t lift her head up to look at them in the eyes. It was not because they were hostile but their smiles were so sincere that Jessica felt overwhelmed by their warm embrace of her return.

“Don’t feel so awkward.”

Tiffany was the first one to speak up.

“Steph...”

“It was not your fault. It was not ours too. And it happened a long time ago.”

“But this is wrong.”

“What is wrong?”

Taeyeon was next to say something. Jessica had never expected any response from Taeyeon. She was pleasantly surprised that Taeyeon acknowledged her presence in the first place.

“Taeng, I’m sorry.”

“Ya~ don’t say sorry. You don’t have to apologize. We’re still doing well now.”

“No! SNSD is broken because of me.”

The girls kept their silence. They looked away and Jessica could see Yuri struggled not to cry. It hurt her even more. But Soo Young stood up and sat next to Jessica. She then gently caressed Jessica’s cheeks with the back of her hand.

“We were more worried about you back then. We read the comments and we felt so frustrated. The company refused to let us explain the truth and I was dying inside when we learnt how the netizens labelled you as a traitor. We had our fault too.”

“It’s okay, Soo. Their comments didn’t break me.”

“I’m so glad you didn’t, Sica. That was probably the reason why you grew stronger and better than anyone of us.”

“Soo...”

“Hey, you have done well, Jessica Jung. We’re really proud of you. We really do.”

Hyoyeon spoke as she pulled Jessica for a hug. And then one by one stood up and put their arms around the two girls. Jessica was crying when she felt the familiar warmth of her members – they once stood together like this; hugged each other as a group.

Damn, she misses this so much.

And she was glad that she returned this time. It was about time she did. She wanted to be one with them once more.

-

Yoona was waiting for Jessica at the hotel lobby. Of course, Im Yoona was disguising as one of the guests at the hotel. The media could easily recognize her face.

“Jessica!”

She looked over her shoulder and she saw a huge crowd moving together as Jessica took her strides. Yoona smiled. Jessica Jung has become confident and people learnt to be respectful of her.

The reporters were eager to know why Jessica returned.

“Why are you back?”

“We heard that you’ve met up with your ex-members. How does that feel?”

“Do you feel like you’ve won over them now that you’re more successful than them?”

 Ah, the audacity of these reporters. They would always find means and ways to shake the bond off. They succeeded before but it didn’t matter anymore anyway.

But Yoona was taken aback when Jessica stopped in her steps and glared at the reporters.

“What do you mean that I’ve won over them? What do you mean by that?”

She was firm and had completely losing control of her facial expressions. Well, Jessica could never control them in the first place. She was still the same Jessica Jung.

“I’ve returned because I miss them. Now, will you please excuse me?”

Jessica walked on; ignored every single reporter who got in her way. Her bodyguards were efficiently pulling these pesky reporters out of the way.

Yoona smiled and nodded. She was about to walk away when a guy pulled her to one side. Initially, Yoona was stunned but she realized it was one of Jessica’s bodyguards.

“Miss Jung saw you and she wants to meet you. I’ll you up to her room.”

“Oh – oh okay.”

-

Jessica threw her stuff on the bed. She was furious with the reporters with their stupid questions. She sent her managers and bodyguards away. She wanted to be alone.

Then someone knocked on her door.

“Who is it?”

“Miss Jung, Miss Im’s here.”

Jessica finally let out a smile. She rushed to the door and saw Yoona smiling at her too.

“Come in.”

Yoona nodded and Jessica quickly closed the door behind her. Yoona walked in; followed by Jessica and the lady settled down on the sofa. Jessica was taking out two beer cans.

“I don’t drink.”

“Liar.”

“Not anymore.”

“Drink with me, please?”

Yoona smiled and nodded. Jessica gave one of the cans to her and she pulled out the tab immediately. Yoona knew Jessica was troubled and annoyed.

“Don’t think too much about the reporters.”

“I hate their insinuation.”

“They can say or do whatever they want.”

“Our fans can interpret wrongly and misunderstand us.”

Yoona pulled out the tab of the can and took a sip.

“Yoona, why did you leave the industry? Was it really because of me?”

“Nah, I didn’t want to be in the limelight anymore. I grew tired of it.”

“But you were doing so well. I saw your Chinese drama.”

“Ah geez, that was embarrassing.”

“Oh come on, it was really good!”

Yoona sighed before completely slump against the sofa.

“I don’t want to act anymore.”

“Okay, I can accept that but why did you break up with Seunggi oppa?”

Yoona came to a still. She was nervously fidgeting her beer can in her hand.

“I – I just cannot anymore.”

“Are you in depression, Yoona?”

“I wish I was then that would be the best excuse.”

“Then why? I don’t understand. When you called me for the first time, I immediately checked on the internet. There were so many articles about you and Oppa. They were blaming you.”

“I don’t really care anymore. I just cannot live a lie.”

“What lie are you talking about?”

Yoona didn’t answer. Instead, she took huge gulps from the beer can and Jessica was appalled to see that she has finished it.

“Yoona? Did something happen?”

“I cannot love him because I miss someone else so much.”

“Oh?”

“That particular someone has become a part of my world.”

“So you left him so that you can be with that someone?”

“No, I didn’t confess.”

“Why didn’t you? Why did you give up a perfect relationship for this someone?”

Yoona smiled before she looked deep into Jessica’s eyes.

“Because that someone was hurt by us and forced to leave the group. And when she was gone, I found myself missing her every single day of my life. I thought I could run away when I took up the job in China but it was all mundane. Because that someone appeared in my dreams every single night and I couldn’t do anything about it.”

And Jessica was stunned when Yoona placed her lips on hers before muttering softly.

“That someone is you, unnie. I’m in love with you without even realizing it.”

-

“Hey sorry, I’m late.”

Jessica was waiting for Taeyeon. Taeyeon had a schedule and they had to meet at a secluded place; out of the limelight.

“It’s fine. I just got here.”

“I’m surprised you wanted to meet me.”

“I’m even more surprised that you agreed.”

Taeyeon smiled before shrugging her shoulders.

“So what is it that you wanted to ask me?”

“Did you know why Yoona left the industry?”

“Yes, I do.”

“So you know the truth?”

“Yes, she’s in love with you.”

Jessica was surprised at how laidback Taeyeon was.

“You weren’t surprised?”

“No, I mean Yoona had always been the closer on to you. I guess she did slowly falling in love with you. What can I do?”

“So you allowed her to leave the group?”

“Well, she didn’t want to continue. I mean she was serious about it. Of course, our popularity went down over the years so it was time for us to split. It was easier to go on our separate ways.”

“Taeyeon, I’m worried about Yoona.”

“Why? She’s isn’t the same Yoona anymore?”

“I feel like she has lost her zeal in life.”

Taeyeon laughed before shaking her head.

“Her zeal in life has always been you.”

“What do I have to do?”

“You broke up with Tyler, right?”

“Yes, I did.”

“Why did you do that?”

“I’m tired of him.”

“Okay, so I think its okay for you to allow Yoona into your life right?”

“What are you implying now?”

“That poor girl is deeply in love with you. Give her a chance.”

“But I don’t feel the same way.”

“Try. You’re obviously concerned about her. Maybe you do love her in that direction, if you know what I mean.”

“Just like you were with Tiffany?”

“Ah, that stupid woman. She was giving me mixed signals but we’re good.”

“She’s married to Nichkun. And you will be getting married soon.”

“Exactly, we have found our destinies.”

“So what makes you think Yoona is my destiny?”

Taeyeon grinned before leaning closer.

“Jung Soo Yeon, who are you trying to kid? You’re in love with her too, right?”

“What?”

“I read your diary. You left it at the dorm.”

“OH MY GOD!”

“And Yoona has it in her possession. So, you know, just do what you think is right.”

Jessica was stunned once more.

-

Yoona was busy cooking when someone kept pressing her doorbell. She was frowning away but nevertheless rushed up to the front door.

“Hang on!”

She was a little annoyed now but she was surprised to find Jessica at her front door.

“Unnie?”

“Can I come in?”

“Yeah, sure.”

Jessica seemed frustrated. Yoona wondered if it was because of that stupid kiss she had with her earlier on.

“What’s wrong?”

Jessica glared at Yoona. The latter gulped gently.

“You’re in love with me?”

Jessica started her conversation with a soft voice. Yoona nodded.

“You fell in love with me after you read my diary?”

Yoona was stunned. Jessica knew and how did she know?

“I met Taeyeon and she told me everything.”

“Taeyeon unnie gave me the diary after I confessed to them that I love you more than just a friend. She said I needed to know something.”

“Then why didn’t you come to me straightaway?”

“Because I thought you were still mad at us.”

Jessica was guilty of that.

“Because you once sent us a message; you said you don’t ever want to see us again.”

“Because you were so broken and you felt so betrayed; you said you couldn’t be with us in the same room; in the same place or even on the same continent.”

Jessica’s ears were burning. She said that out of anger.

“And I couldn’t put you through so much pain after what happened.”

Yoona looked away and Jessica was dying. She wished she could turn back the hands of time so badly right now.

“I told myself I should wait. I should wait until all things have died down. Honestly, I’m so glad to read more positive remarks about you. And I’m really happy that you’ve achieved your dream to be the top designer.”

“Stop talking.”

Jessica closed her eyes and clenched her fists together.

“Just stop talking.”

Yoona was obedient enough to listen.

“You’re the last person I ever wanted to hurt. I know you tried to find your way back into my heart and I read your messages. I didn’t throw them away. I still had them in my old phone.”

Jessica started talking.

“I never thought I could even hear this confession from you. I thought it has always been a one sided love. I thought I didn’t express much and you didn’t get the hint at all.”

“I did. But I didn’t know how to react.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore, Yoona.”

Yoona bit her lower lip.

“Like you’ve said before, that was all in the past. We have walked past that and now we’re setting on a new journey.”

Yoona looked up; confused with Jessica’s words.

“I’m going to put a stop to the pain you’re feeling right now.”

Jessica slowly walked up to Yoona.

“From today onwards, my world has you and your world has me. We will start this new journey and I’ll never want to be apart from you anymore.”

Yoona’s face lighted up immediately. She had been waiting for this all the while.

-

“JESSIE!”

“HWANG MIYOUNG, YOU’RE STILL AS LOUD AS EVER!”

“Your concert was awesome!”

“YOU WENT?!”

“I did! The whole group did!”

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?”

“And what? Steal your limelight? That’s your solo concert.”

“Fine. And when are you going to sign your contract with me?”

“I have a month left with the current agency. Are you sure you want me to join your agency?”

“Then what the hell did I set that company for?”

Tiffany was grinning from ear to ear.  Jessica set up her own entertainment agency.  Of course, she had her own album and it went really well. Taeyeon was the first person to join her agency and they even did a duet before Taeyeon’s first solo album was an all-kill on the charts.

Her motive was to put SNSD back together again. People might have forgotten about them but hell, Jessica was more eager to sing with her members once more. She even managed to persuade her girlfriend.

“Why must I return?”

“Then there won’t be SNSD without Im Yoona.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You were the centre girl.”

“So I’m just going to sing only, right?”

“Yes, you are only going to sing because of SNSD.”

“Deal.”

Jessica hugged her girlfriend tightly and even shared a kiss. But the other members were booing at them.

“YA~ WHAT DID I SAY? NO KISSING!”

“What’s wrong with them kissing?”

“It’s too affectionate!”

“Soon Kyu, get a man or a girl soon.”

“Shut up, Soo Young!”

“Can you guys shush it up?!”

“Kwon Yuri, what’s taking you so long to complete OUR SONG?”

“I’m not a genius!”

“Excuse me; your songs went straight to number 1 each time it was out!”

“That was because the singers were good and you were one of them, Kim Taeyeon!”

Someone was giggling.

“Juhyun’s mad.”

Hyoyeon declared.

“What?”

“You giggled to yourself!”

“Well, I miss this madness. Unnies are always the crazy ones.”

“YA, SEO JUHYUN! Stop comparing our ages with our hoobaes, okay!”

“Fany unnie, do you know that we’re like almost a decade older than our hoobaes now.”

“SHUT UP!”

Jessica was smiling widely. Seohyun was right. This was supposedly how SNSD should be. She was glad she could bring them back together. 

And she was really happy that she returned. At least, she was not going to be alone anymore. Im Yoona is hers now.

“Why are you smiling?”

“Nah, I’m just grateful that this happened.”

She was gesturing to that moment.

“I’m just glad that you came back, unnie.”

Jessica nodded and kissed Yoona on her lips.