The Sad Truth

FORCED GOODBYE! ANNYEOUNG RUNNING MAN....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was just another day of Running Man shooting for them. But this time, the CP (Chief Producer) suddenly appeared at the set, which is weird for most of them.

“Omo! Why is the CP here, hyung?” Haha asked Jae-suk and Suk Jin.

“I don’t know. Could it be that he wanted to announce good news to us? Bonus perhaps?” Suk Jin answered.

“Hyung, I don’t think they will be crazy to give us bonus when the ratings are going downhill. Stop hoping too high about money, will you?” Jae-suk told Suk Jin.

“Aishh....Sometimes imagination can become real you know?”

“Hahahaha....But too delusional can also kill your heart...”

“Omo! Omo! He’s coming here, hyung!” Kwang Soo informed.

And they all stood still waiting for the CP to approach them.

“Hello everyone!” the CP greeted.

“Hello, sir!” they responded together.

“I see you all have worked hard from the first day of the show until now. I really wanna thank you all for your effort, including Gary.”

“Err....sir.....Gary hyung is no longer here.....So....no need to mention about him....You can just text your appreciation message to him,” Kwang Soo joked making everyone laugh.

“Hahahahah! Yah Kwang Soo ah....Don’t be rude! Gary is still part of Running Man family,” Jae-suk spoke.

“Aishh...of course he is, hyung...But...it took few weeks to make everyone realized that Gary hyung is no longer here....Even his VJ still can’t move on until now...So if we kept talking about him, they will never move on.....”

“This brat...aishhh...”

“Hahahah....It’s okay, Jae-suk ah...I know Kwang Soo is just joking,” the CP tried to calm Jae-suk.

“Eh??” Kwang Soo went to whisper to Jong Kook then. “I’m not joking, Jong Kook hyung. I’m serious.”

“Kwang Soo ah......just....shut up...” Jong Kook whispered back making Kwang Soo agape. Kwang Soo even cursed on his own after being scolded by Jong Kook.

“Err....sir.....We are all wondering what makes you come down to the set today.....Is there any good news?” Suk Jin asked.

“Ohh....hahaha...yeah I know this may seems weird since I never come down in the past....But today, I feel like I wanna see with my own eyes all your hard work.”

“Aihhh.....come on, sir....You actually come down to meet Twice right?” Suk Jin joked with the CP making everyone laughing hard.

“Ahahahaha...Yah! Suk Jin hyung! You wanna get sack?” Haha joked too.

“Hahahah...It’s okay, it’s okay.....That could be partly true,” the CP replied.

“See? See?” Suk Jin bragged.

“But actually, I came down to see what went wrong since the ratings had not been doing good lately.”

“Ohh....We are also wondering, sir....I mean, we gave our all during shooting...but still....” Jae-suk explained.

“That’s why! So today I wanna see if you all can entertain me.....or if it would be boring....”

“Aishhhh!! Of course you’ll be entertain....Kwang Soo, do your dance!” Jae-suk instructed.

Kwang Soo started to perform his mosquito dance.

“Kwang Soo ah, Twice is watching,” Jae-suk informed.

Kwang Soo quickly looked back and hide behind Jae-suk when he saw Twice was really watching in laughter.

“Anyway, I just want you to know, that there’ll be a slight change of the show. But further details will be update later,” CP said.

“Ohh...okay, sir....We are ready to give our best and bring back the ratings to where it belongs,” Jong Kook said.

“Yes, sir! I will also lessen my movie project and work hard for the Running Man. Well I’ve always put Running Man as my priority,” Ji-hyo added.

“Ahh....thank you Ji-hyo...Jong Kook....Well, please continue your work to the very best, okay? I’ll see you then.”

The CP left to take a seat and the shooting started.

 

After the shooting, Ji-hyo and Jong Kook went to meet the ex-PD of Running Man, PD Jay at a cafe. When they arrived, the PD is still not there.

“Oppa, how do you think we can make the Running Man ratings goes up again?” Ji-hyo started to chat with Jong Kook while waiting.

“I don’t know the exact thing, Ji-hyo ah. But I know they love it when you are with Gary,” Jong Kook stated, sounded a bit bitter.

“Chih! That had long gone, oppa. Gary oppa is not in the show anymore. Besides, we’ve been telling the fans that we are not together so they should stop hoping for anything.”

“Then maybe it’s about time you consider Gary’s feelings for real, Ji-hyo ah,” Jong Kook suggested. “You both said that it’s hard for you two to be together when you are in the same show. Now Gary already left, so......”

“Oppaaaaa....” Ji-hyo stared into Jong Kook’s eyes.

“What?”

“Haven’t you seen the MRI results?”

“What? The brain test? That could be a mistake.”

“Oppa......The fact is we are not going to be together...Gary oppa is a good friend.....He also could be a good boyfriend....but to someone else, not to me….”

“Really? But the results showed that you have feelings for Gary while he is otherwise.”

“I swear that my feelings towards him was just as companion. The result is like that probably because I was too nervous knowing that it will be judged and screened to public. I don’t know what to think so that could have affected the result.”

Jong Kook smiled.

“Ji-hyo ah, it’s okay to tell me the truth. You know you can share anything with me.”

“I know that. And that is why I’m telling you the truth right now.”

“But…..the public out there expected something else….They were waiting for the announcement of you and Gary finally together,” Jong Kook stated without looking at Ji-hyo. Truthfully, it’s hard for him to make such statement as he has been keeping his feelings towards Ji-hyo for a long time. After Gary left the show, he thought he has the chance but it seems that the fans are still expecting for something else from Ji-hyo and Gary. And Jong Kook know more than anyone else that he couldn’t be with Ji-hyo or the Monday Couple fans will never forgive him.

“Oppa….are you listening to me?”

“Mwuh?”

“Huh! Where have you been?”

“Ohh….Sorry….What were you saying?”

“I said….it’s impossible for me to be with Gary oppa…..coz I like someone else…..”

Prang! Jong Kook can hear his heart crushing.

“Ohh…Really? Who is it? Share with me, Ji-hyo ah….”

“Andwae!! You could use it to tease me or threaten me then.”

“Aishh…You know I will not do that to you right?”

“Huh! You’ve just blew it on screen that I cried so hard when Gary oppa decided to leave. And now you expect me to believe you?”

“Hahahah…That was different…That was something funny, that’s why I shared it.”

“Still…..it makes Gary oppa think that I can’t live without him….and it makes him having higher hopes now….”

“Hahahahah….Yah! Even without me revealing that, you still texted him that you miss him, you love him while you’re drunk. So that is more serious than my statement, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Whatever! You are still….not trustable….”

“Okayyy…..I know you only trust Gary right? Fine….I got it….You said you didn’t have any feelings towards him and yet your action said the opposite….” Jong Kook pretended sulky.

“Andwae! Oppa, that’s not true. I’m not sharing anything with Gary oppa either.”

“It’s okay…It’s your right…I’m nobody to you, just like the others think of me….I’m always the unimportant one…”

“Oppa, what are you saying?”

“Never mind. I will tell Gary to keep pursuing you coz deep inside you actually love him more than a friend……..okay…..”

“Oppaaaaaaa….” Ji-hyo called out and started to pinch Jong Kook.

“Arghhhh! Yah! Yah! What have I done?”

“Stop saying nonsense!”

“What nonsense? I’m saying the truth.”

“That’s not the truth.”

“Then tell me what’s the truth.”

Ji-hyo and Jong Kook stared into each other’s eyes. They were talking in their mind but nothing could come out from their mouth coz they weren’t brave enough.

“Ehermm….Should I come back later?” someone approached.

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo get back to reality and surprised to see PD Jay has arrived.

“Ohh…hyung…Please, have a seat,” Jong Kook invited.

“Aihh these two….You look like a loving couple even by far,” PD Jay stated, shocking Ji-hyo and Jong Kook who look at each other.

“Ahahaha…hyung….You always know when to joke…ahahahah…” Jong Kook acted natural.

“So, how are you two doing?”

“Good as you can see,” Jong Kook answered.

“Good, oppa. How are you?” Ji-hyo started her conversation.

“I’m good….and happy….and fat…hahahaha…”

“Hyung, come to my gym….I’ll give you special treatment…Special everything,” Jong Kook offered.

“Huh! You still didn’t change huh Jong Kook? That’s all that matters in your life. Work, gym. Aishhh….When are you going to find a girlfriend and get married then?”

“I have a girlfriend….here….In front of you,” Jong Kook pointed to Ji-hyo making her and PD Jay both surprised.

“Really? You two?” PD Jay asked for confirmation.

Before Ji-hyo could blend what’s happening, Jong Kook already laughed.

“Hahahahahah….Woww…I never thought such statement could shock you this much, hyung…Hahahaha….I’m just kidding, sorry…..Sorry, Ji-hyo ah….”

“Are you sure you’re just kidding Jong Kook ah?” PD Jay tried to bait Jong Kook.

“Of course! Hyung, Ji-hyo already has Gary, remember??”

“Ahh oppa!!! What are you talking about??” Ji-hyo whined.

“Really Ji-hyo? You are with Gary for real now?” PD Jay asked.

“A-ni!! Jay oppa, Jong Kook oppa is a good story creator nowadays. He kept making stories about me. I don’t have any special relation with Gary oppa. We are just friends.”

“Ahh…I see…Well, it wasn’t like Jong Kook to create stories, right Jong Kook ah? What changed huh?”

“Hahahaha…..Nothing, hyung….I was just teasing Ji-hyo with Gary but she easily got annoyed these days.”

“That’s because it’s something that’s not true,” Ji-hyo defended.

“I see….Then what’s the truth, Ji-hyo ah? You two?” PD Jay gave out question that silent both Jong Kook and Ji-hyo.

“Jay oppa,…..you also wanna be story creator?” Ji-hyo tried to divert the question.

“Hahahahah….You two are so funny….and so obvious….hahahaha…”

“Obvious? What obvious, hyung?” Jong Kook asked.

“What is so obvious, Jay oppa?”

“Hahahah…Never mind…I’ll tell you when it’s confirmed….”

“Huh? Hyung, come on…Just reveal it…”

“It’s okay, Jong Kook ah…..Anyway, how’s Running Man doing nowadays?”

“As usual…There were ups and downs….” Jong Kook answered.

“Have you ever considered leaving the show, Jong Kook ah? You know you’ve endured your pain for a while now…..”

“Yeah….I still get the pain time by time….But….I will never leave the show, hyung….It’s…part of my life now….Yes I love doing music, singing…..but….Running Man had brought lot of joy and happiness to me….and the support from fans are just….overwhelming….I can’t quit no matter what….I just love the show and the fans so much…” Jong Kook revealed.

“Yeah…It used to be my life too….but…..sometimes there were things that you can’t control…What about you, Ji-hyo ah?”

“Andwae!! I’m like Jong Kook oppa…Running Man is my life….I grow up as a celebrity with this show….And it’s the only way t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter