final

Five

Minho’s had to break into Taemin’s apartment five times before.

 

The first time he broke into the blond’s apartment was after he saw him crying through his kitchen window that directly faces Taemin’s. The boy was leaning against the counter, holding his head in his hands and looking absolutely miserable, after about five minutes, he stands up and dries his face before leaving his house. That’s when Minho thought it would be a wonderful idea to break and enter into the boy’s apartment. His only logical reason was that he wanted to do something to cheer Taemin up, even if Taemin didn’t know him which was great, according to Minho, because then he wouldn’t know that his neighbor is a total creep.

And so, Minho walked to boy’s bedroom window, looked around him twice to make sure no one saw him, before he opened the window and climbed up. Taemin’s apartment had barely any furniture in it; a TV that faces his bed, a desk with a chair, and kitchen table with two chairs. There were also a lot blues in the house.

Minho went there with a little note in his pocket that he intended on leaving on the boy’s table or something, but then his plan changed when he saw that the reason Taemin was probably crying in the morning was because of the spilled jug of milk and the shattered mug on the floor. So Minho kept his note in his pocket, and decided to clean up the mess. He obviously got rid of all the evidence of his presence in the apartment, by gathering the shattered glass and milk-soaked tissues in a bag and throwing it away when he left.

 

The second time Minho breaks into the boy’s place was a few months later, on valentine’s day. Minho had no one to celebrate this day with, so he waited for Taemin to leave his apartment in the afternoon and then he sneaked in, left a big box of various types of chocolates on the boy’s blue sheets because he didn’t know which kind did Taemin exactly like (which is a shame, Minho thought), and stood for a moment to take in the scents around him, which is exactly how he imagined Taemin would smell like; peppermint and burnt-out candles and freshly mown grass. Then he snapped out of it and ran back to his place.

 

Minho was aware that it was absolutely uncanny, what he was doing, but the third time he broke it, he had a valid reason. It was Taemin’s birthday, for heaven’s sake, and he couldn’t just ignore that, especially when the boy’s friends threw him a party and Minho’s place was drowned with music and laughter from the apartment across of his. There was cake and balloons and Minho totally didn’t stand by his kitchen window for half an hour watching.

The next morning, his first priority was to go buy Taemin a present, and a while later he was climbing up through a certain window.

 

Now when he broke and entered into the blond’s place for the fourth time, it was because he saw Taemin coughing and sneezing and blowing his nose through the kitchen window. It was in the beginning of November and the weather was turning colder, and the boy fell sick. Minho knew that things were bad because he noticed that Taemin hasn’t left the house in three days, so obviously he had to do something, and that’s how Minho ended up sitting beneath the boy’s bedroom window for an hour in the windy weather, waiting for Taemin to leave the room, when his only source of heat was the soup container in his hands which he left on the window sill before scurrying home to hug the radiator.

 

The fifth time it was the nearing the end of December and snow was covering every surface it could reach, snowmen were built in front of each house in the early hours of the morning because kids were too excited to wait. Minho was walking towards his car to get some decorations for his own tree when he saw the miniature christmas tree Taemin’s already set on his desk, only thing it was bare and it’s pretty much fill-in-the-blank from there.

 

They were listening to the countdown coming from the TV, but not actually giving it any attention because, well, their lips were smashed together, teeth and tongues and roaming hands. Now you might be wondering how did they end up there in the first place, well it was new year’s eve, and Minho felt like baking some cookies for a couple of reasons: a)to eat cookies and b)to go see Taemin. So he made the cookies, ate some of course, and deciding to be normal this time, he made his way to Taemin’s door with a plate of warm treats and what little of courage he had.

Taemin was all smiles and pink cheeks as he thanked the awkward tall boy, and they stood in the doorway staring at each other for an unusual (and uncomfortable) amount of time before Taemin literally jumped on the taller boy, attaching their lips together hungrily.

He’s dreamt of this for months, his desire intensifying each time he saw that the boy’s left him something by his window or on his bed. Yes, he freaked out when he didn’t find the spilled milk and shattered glass on the floor that he didn’t have the time to clean up that morning, but he made himself forget about it because it wasn’t harmful, only to have his imagination running to wild places with each gift Minho left him, and Taemin knew it was Minho because he caught him running away from his window when he was sick and pieced it all together since then.

Minho was momentarily stunned by the escalation of events but soon he was kissing Taemin back, putting all of hidden desires into their kiss, letting Taemin know that, god he’s fantasized about this too. And that’s how pretty much they ended up in Taemin’s room, trying but failing to get enough of each other, and so they kissed and kissed and kissed their way into the new year.

Minho broke and entered into the boy’s place five times before. The sixth’s time he didn’t have to.


let me know what do you guys think