one.

with you.

 

The day has turned into a chilly evening. It’s neither raining nor snowing. That day Mingyu decided to come to his reunion with his high school classmates. It has been 3 years since they graduated, and he haven’t really see any of their friends, except the one who got into the same university as him. Even though getting into the same university still doesn’t feel like anything. Everyone are so busy with their own life, chasing their dreams.

 

As for Mingyu, he haven’t really have the dream to chase. His last dream was to be loved by someone he loved. Well, that sounds childish but that’s just how Mingyu are.

 

Mingyu goes alone to the reunion. He kinda knew that if he doesn’t enjoy the reunion, he could always go home early. That’s not likely, because Mingyu had a lot of friends back then. However, there’s only one person he loved back then.

 

As soon as Mingyu arrived, his friends welcomed him warmly. He could feel the high school warmth, which he longed so much since he graduated. Mingyu’s eyes widen, the moment the person he used to love sit and welcomes him too. Mingyu threw a cute smile to him. To Jeon Wonwoo.

 

Mingyu is forced to sit far from Wonwoo, because his group of friends doesn’t really know Wonwoo. Mingyu is the only one who knew Wonwoo so well back then. Even so, Wonwoo still texted Mingyu occasionally after they graduated.

 

“You’re still growing, Kim Mingyu,” Soonyoung praised.

 

Mingyu forced a happy smile and laughs about it. His heart desires to sit beside Wonwoo, and well, talks about life.

 

Wonwoo is the only person Mingyu can be open with his worries, anxiety and complaints. Mingyu could text Wonwoo at 1 AM, out of nowhere. But Wonwoo still somehow manages to answer his random texts.

 

Wonwoo is also preoccupied with his old friends, talking and reminiscing about the past. Mingyu also do the same. He tries to have some fun with his old school mates and catch things up.

 

Mingyu took a quick glance into Wonwoo in every chance he got, hoping Wonwoo will notice it and somehow make them both talk in private. Every time Mingyu took a glance at Wonwoo, his heart skips a beat and the urge inside him kept telling him to jump into Wonwoo’s warmth.

 

Once, Wonwoo’s eyes meet with Mingyu’s. Wonwoo smiled cutely and returns to his friend.

 

“.” Mingyu cursed.

 

“What did you say, Kim Mingyu?” Seungcheol asked, startled with his dear friend’s sudden curse.

 

“Nothing. It just slipped out.” Mingyu chuckles.

 

Deep down inside, Mingyu knows that he wants to be in Jeon Wonwoo’s embrace.

 

Not long after Mingyu met Wonwoo’s eyes, Wonwoo stands up and ask for an early leave.

 

“I have an important appointment for my job, I’m sorry I have to leave first,” Jeon Wonwoo said in front of all of their friends.

 

Some people sighed, but the others just bids him farewell. Because Wonwoo isn’t that well known student back then. He was a diligent student who always got a perfect score.

 

Mingyu feels his heart was squeezed out and all of his feelings were wasted. He wants to hold Wonwoo’s arms, telling him not to go, because he hasn’t say anything to him.

 

Not long after Wonwoo left, Mingyu told his friends that he has an emergency situation at his campus. His friends booed, saying Mingyu only spent so little time with them. Mingyu chuckles and said that he has no choice.

 

Some of his friends asked for a picture together before Mingyu go. After that, Mingyu rushed out to find Wonwoo. Mingyu has to talk to Wonwoo in real life, just for once, after years talking online.

 

As Mingyu run through the street, a voice, very peculiar to his ears, called his name. He glanced back, finding Jeon Wonwoo standing there handsomely. Mingyu only finds himself walking slowly to the person he used to love.

 

“Did you miss me?” Wonwoo seized Mingyu’s hand and intertwined it with his own.

 

Mingyu’s mouth is agape, unable to find the right answer to the question. Even though the answer is very easy.

 

Mingyu can’t help himself, letting out beautiful crystals from his eyes in a place where everyone could see him. Mingyu hide himself in the older’s shoulder, opening all of his buried feelings he had since high school.

 

Wonwoo takes Mingyu to a vacant alley. Mingyu let out several small sobs and tucks his hand into Wonwoo’s coat.

 

“You used to be the one leading, Mingyu. Are you okay?” Wonwoo wiped Mingyu’s tears.

 

“I’m not. You left me without words just now. I’m afraid you don’t want to meet me,” Mingyu tries to speak clearly.

 

Wonwoo’s eyes looks teary too. There’s absolutely no reason that Wonwoo should cry. Mingyu kinda panicked because Wonwoo is a cold hearted man back then. He never saw Wonwoo lose his control nor crying in a public place.

 

“I missed you, Kim Mingyu. So much,” Wonwoo started.

 

“I’m afraid I will bother you. That’s why I left. You didn’t say that you’re going to the reunion either,” Wonwoo continues.

 

“How the I would forget you, Hyung? Tell me, how?”

 

Wonwoo chuckles and pushed Mingyu’s chest a bit.

 

“You’re still the same.” Wonwoo chuckles.

 

“No, we’re still the same.” Mingyu corrects him.

 

“If that’s the case, are we still nothing? Like the good old days?” Wonwoo mumbled.

 

Mingyu could hear Wonwoo’s mumble loud and clear, since it’s very quiet around there.

 

“That’s also the thing I’m trying to figure out, Hyung.”

 

“Can’t you just say that you love me?” Wonwoo whispered.

 

Mingyu looks nervous. In his dictionary, love isn’t the word he could use as he likes. He must be very sure of the feelings before using the term.

 

“I can’t, Wonwoo.”

 

Wonwoo’s face looks down. He really expects Mingyu to tell him straightly what does he feel. Because if it’s only Wonwoo who felt something sparks between them back then and it doesn’t stop until now, the heartbreak is too high.

 

Instead of saying sorry or saying the confession, Mingyu walks towards Wonwoo, with a provocative eyes that longs for something he haven’t had.

 

Wonwoo walks backwards, kind of terrified with Mingyu’s doing. Wonwoo kept asking Mingyu, what the hell is he doing. But Mingyu keeps moving forward without saying anything.

 

Wonwoo’s back hits a brick wall. He’s trapped inside Kim Mingyu’s cage. Wonwoo has no other choice either than looking straight into Mingyu’s eyes or look down to his shoes.

 

Mingyu pulled Wonwoo’s chin up, trying to undress him just by staring deep into his eyes. Penetrating all of his beautiful features in a face he used to look everyday.

 

“Can I do it?” Mingyu asked. Wonwoo knew very well what Mingyu means. Wonwoo stayed silent, because whatever he said, Mingyu won’t hear him.

 

Since Wonwoo didn’t say anything, Mingyu takes it as a yes. As Mingyu’s face keeps leaning forward to the heaven he’ll get in this measly world, Wonwoo blurts out.

 

“I love you.”

 

It doesn’t stop Mingyu from leaning forward. Not even a second has passed after Wonwoo blurts out, his lips are crushed by another. 

 

The aroma of Wonwoo’s body filled Mingyu’s senses. Mingyu realised that he ing missed his best friend so much. Wonwoo’s thought in the other hand, are filled with the delusional thoughts that the kiss is the way Mingyu confessed his feelings. Even though his logical side keeps saying it’s just a mere kiss.

 

Mingyu pulled his head up. Letting the both of them catching some air after the long kiss.

 

“It’s our first kiss,” Mingyu chuckles, feeling a little bit proud of it.

 

“I wish it’s not the last.”

 

“Why are you being so negative?”

 

“Because you might left me for another person after this day passed. You never say what do you feel about me. So the kiss earlier is because you missed me, as your best friend.” Wonwoo whispered.

 

“I-I’m not s-sure of my feelings, Hyung.”

 

Wonwoo sighed, “I’m not asking for a relationship, because I know you’re scared of it. Even though our friendship is tiring, because once in a while you felt like my lover. I’m only asking about your feelings.”

 

Mingyu looks confused.

 

Wonwoo pushed Mingyu, freeing himself from the cage Mingyu made for him.

 

“Never mind then. I’ve completed my confession and I shouldn’t pester you to say what you feel towards me. But remember, you’re the first person who made me feel love and being loved. Thank you for all of you kindness, I should repay you someday later. I’m sure noth-,”

 

Wonwoo’s long speech was interrupted by Mingyu’s sudden contact with his lips, again. Wonwoo stayed there, doing nothing. No matter how much Mingyu crushed his lips, Wonwoo stayed there.

 

“, I cared about you, Jeon Wonwoo. You’re my safe haven. I have no other words because I want to you real bad for saying something depressing.”

 

Wonwoo keep his lips closed. He looked deep into Mingyu’s eyes, looking for his real feelings there. His eyes are tearing up again. He doesn’t need anything unless the truth from Mingyu’s lips.

 

“Okay, I ing love you, Jeon Wonwoo.”

 

Their lips meet once more. This time, both of them are feeling the same essence from the . They’re both melting their egos they have since a long time ago. They both realised that this will end with them, being together, with the warmth of a quilt.

 

-- hiiii, this is actually just a short scenario i had in my head. i hope you enjoyed it c: