Final - I know you are mine.

I know you are mine.

“Oppa your face was really green… or was it red? Why? Oppa got jealous again~” Jihyo chirped happily and sang as she locked fingers with Gary and skipped down the roads. The couple had both been busy for the past month, Gary working on his songs, Jihyo on her dramas, they barely had time to meet. So dates were really precious alone time for them, which is why Gary always books the whole restaurant for Jihyo.

 

 

Well… actually that wasn’t the reason Gary always booked the whole restaurant. There’s more to it.

 

 

It all started when Jihyo visited his studio while he was busy writing lyrics. She had prepared Gary’s favourite snacks and wanted to encourage him and carry out her surprise. Having her drama filming cancelled was carefully calculated as part of her plans too, as she had meticulously checked that it would be raining heavily, and she so conveniently forgot her umbrella and file. With her script wet and her drench on the way to work, she managed to get the producers to let her off.

 

 

Well, it was an important day. It was Gary’s birthday, but of course being so busy, he doesn’t remember details as such. (Though of course, he will never forget Jihyo’s birthday) Jihyo had ordered roses in advance, buying bags and bags of snacks and booked his favourite bulgogi restaurant. So naturally, she was excited to surprise her boyfriend, huming her favourite Leessang song as she knocked on Gary’s door.

 

 

Knock.

 

 

Knock Knock.

 

 

The door did not open like she expected. Maybe oppa is busy in his studio writing lyrics. That’s when Jihyo decided that she would sneak in with her spare keys to surprise him. She always had them, but respected him such that she always knocked and waited. But today was different. She had booked a table at a restaurant at 7p.m. sharp, and though the restaurant was nearby, it was already 6p.m.!

 

 

She stealthily unlocked the door and crept into the silence apartment. The only sound heard was Gary’s occasional laughter, which was extremely charming, and… Wait, is that the sound of a woman?

 

 

Jihyo quickly calmed herself down, telling herself it was probably an artist he was collaborating with. I mean who else could it be? She inched towards the studio door, hesitantly placing her grip on the handle. But her hand refused to budge. It was nothing, right? Just open the goddamn door!

 

 

She paused for a while, until she suddenly heard murmuring akin to whispers. Placing her ears on the part wooden part glass door, she tried to single out words. But to no avail, when it was back to laughter again, she heaved a deep breath and opened the door. Well, it wasn’t entirely what she expected, but…

 

 

The woman who was laughing with HER oppa, was actually Jung-in, and they were just discussing lyrics together. Jihyo quickly paced herself to Gary, throwing her arms around his neck and chest and hugging him tightly.

 

 

“Oppa~” She called out in a coy voice, cute as always (to Gary) and leaned on his shoulders. Jung-in, seeing this, cooed at the loving couple.

 

 

“Oppa, let’s go out for dinner! I know where we can go!” She elatedly chirped at his ears.

 

 

“Jihyo-yah, can you give oppa a while more? We have a small part left to correct! Please~ my love” Gary romantically asked, melting Jihyo into a puddle of goo and she forgot all about Jung-in being in the room. She nodded as she excused herself to the corner of the studio.

 

 

Gary quickly continued his work, smirking a little. Minutes passed, tic tok. Tic Tok. And as time continued ticking away, Jihyo’s cheery thoughts were slowly drowned out by the laughter of Gary and Jung-in discussing music. Suddenly, she couldn’t feel the room anymore. Suddenly, it didn’t feel like it was all about her and Gary anymore. Suddenly, she felt lonely.

 

 

It was silent. Except for the bright voices of the two, and the insecure inner voice of Jihyo.

 

 

The thoughts quickly invaded her mind and overrode her confidence I their 2 year long relationship. What if Gary prefers talking to Jung-in about music and his life? I mean I don’t know much about music I can’t contribute to his songs or lyrics. What if he doesn’t need me anymore? I can’t be the partner he needs to express his soul. What if he…

 

 

And just like that, with each tick of the wall clock, the room felt smaller, the laughter and conversation between Gary and Jung-in slowly got tuned out. And all Jihyo heard was herself.

 

 

She did not even know Jung-in had left, for she was so immersed in her little green monster. In one swift action, Gary leaned in and pulled Jihyo into his embrace, hugging her tightly and whispering in her ears, “Love, I missed you, can I have you for dinner?~”

 

 

Her face quickly tinted pinkish-red, flushing as she felt warmth pool at her stomach. Embarrased, she lightly pushed him away, though still jealous about Jung-in.

 

 

“Ya ert!” She jokingly laughed. She leaned on his shoulders, inhaling that manly scent she missed so much. It was then she glanced on the wall clock, realising it was 7.00p.m. already. No… her reservation! Anxiety suddenly warmed her up as she stood up, draggin Gary in tow as they headed for the birthday dinner together. Thankfully, the boss still kept the table reserved at the packed restaurant.

 

 

Well, that wasn’t the only reason why Gary books the entire restaurant. It was because of what happened at the restaurant, and a few days later too.

 

 

She had casually asked at the restaurant while they were enjoying their appetisers, “Garie-oppa~ Just out of curiousity, have you ever felt jealous or posessive over me?” She had tried her hardest to throw the question out like it was random, and acting like the question didn’t bother her.

 

 

“Hmmm, Why?” Gary asked, naturally since jealousy has never been a major topic in their relationship.

 

 

“Nothing oppa, I just wondered,” Jihyo attempted to play it cool, though her heart was thumping faster than the champion at racehorsing.

 

 

“Hmmm” Gary humed for a while, pretending to think hard about it. Though there was a clear smirk on his face. Well, he had realised back in the room when Jihyo came in. Since well her feet could be seen through the glass. But he had pretended not to know, and collaborated with Jung-in to make Jihyo jealous. He knew it was about that.

 

 

“Hmmm…” Even though he posed like he was thinking, but really he was just trying to suss out Jihyo’s little cute insecurity. He secretly glanced down occasionally, only to see Jihyo staring into his eyes for answers. “Nah, not really, I mean there’s nothing to be jealous about.” He replied nonchalently.

 

 

“Oh…” Jihyo was disappointed, obvious as her voice faded.

 

 

And so, that was when she decided she was going to make Gary jealous. Maybe it was petty revenge, maybe it was just to make Gary focus more on her, but that doesn’t matter. All that matters is that she has one and ONE goal only: bring out Gary’s little green monster. Yes, it seemed childish for these adults, but well, love

 

 

Now, that was no easy task. (Or so Jihyo thought)

 

 

While enjoying the courses, Jihyo pretended to spill her glass of water when there was little left, not enough to make a mess, but well enough to get that handsome young waiter over to help deliver another glass.

 

 

At times, while they were chatting, she would glance over her shoulders and look in the direction of the waiter. Though she actually zoned out and blank, she pretended to be admiring him, all just so that Gary would be jealous. She’d also comment on how handsome and charming the waiter looked, asking Gary she should get his number.

 

 

Gary laughed, knowing how hard she was trying to make him jealous.

 

 

And that was just day 1.

 

 

There were times when Gary fetched Jihyo from her filming set. And she’d see him approaching, and she’ll bid her male costars goodbye, giving them a warm hug. (An especially long hug for the actor who was playing th part of her lover in the drama.) She also made sure to buy presents for her friends, especially male friends that Gary was not close to, during occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas. She’d go shopping for them with Gary, asking him male preferences.

 

 

Gary laughed. He was, of course, already jealous. And jealous enough to prove it and let the possessive monster out. But he laughed. Only because he was soft for Jihyo, and he liked seeing her cute little antics.

 

 

There is a limit to everything.

 

 

It was either Jihyo who gave up trying to make Gary jealous, or Gary giving up holding it in. And well, Jihyo exploded.

 

 

“Oppa… Why don’t you care? Why don’t you worry when I am close to other guys? Why? Why does it not bother you when I stare at them? Why don’t you feel possessive over me? Why don’t you ever fight for me? Don’t you want me for yourself? Why don’t you…”

 

 

And Gary hugged her tightly, tucking her small frame in his muscular body, holding her tightly. He felt his shirt slowly wet with tears, Jihyo’s hand in the hug and her head burying in his chest.

 

 

“Love… Love… Shshhh don’t cry. Well, I care, and all I think about at work, whether it is writing lyrics, composing, recording, singing at concerts, anything. You are in my thoughts, you are my audience and I think of you in every word. Shhshhh don’t cry dear. I get jealous, I really do when you talk to other guys in front of me, or not. But I convince myself, not to. Do you know why?”

 

 

He cooed as she slowly stopped crying, calming down and she refused to look up, hiding in Gary’s embrace. Slowly, she shook her head.

 

 

“Because love, yes. You are my precious and most precious gem. You are so bright you light up my world. And I want you so badly. But I want to share you with people who don’t get to see a smile as beautiful and as bright as yours.  Jihyo-yah, I know you are mine.” And with that, Jihyo broke into tears again, bawling into Gary’s shirt and drenching a huge patch.

 

 

“I know you are mine already.” He said, lips pulling into a smile.

 

 

Well, every now and then, Jihyo will try to make Gary jealous again. And he has learnt to show his little green monster. Because he realised, that smile of victory on Jihyo’s beautiful face, is worth everything. His Jihyo, that he is willing to give everything to protect.

 

 

And when Jihyo tries to make him jealous and go too far, Gary will pull her back into his arms, kissing her and reminding her as they look at the ring on their fingers. “Jihyo-yah, thank you for being mine.”