Wanting something you can't have.

What is love?

"I wanted something that I could not have. I could only dream of it. I wanted it so badly. I wanted to feel that warmth, that love, that passion. It was like fire, fire that could explode up into the air. Fire that had to be contained in me." 


I ran. I ran with no destination, but with one thought in my head.

I have to run somewhere far away. 

After running for what seemed an eternity, I stopped at a park. I walked by myself with the cold breeze touching my skin and making me shiver. I layed down on the grass, sighing. A few months ago, you could have said that my life was perfect, but now it was mess. No wonder I was running away from my problems. 

-Flashback-

"I love you." I said admiringly at him as I looked him in the eyes.

It was my first time saying this, but I meant it. He was perfect. He filled every bit of me with love. He  was everything that I wanted in so many ways. I expected him to jump up and say that he loved me too. I wanted to see his eyes glistening just like they did when we had first started going out. 

But... He simply sat there. He sat there, emotionless. He didn't budge, he didn't even smile a bit with gratitude at the fact that I had told him that I loved him. 

"I dont love you." He finally said, emphasizing love. 

I felt my heart drop. I couldn't believe it. Had I heard him right? He said he didn't love me. We had been together for almost two years and he didn't love me? I wanted to ask so many things... but instead I was driving myself insane. 

"I never did." He said and with that he got up and left. 

I sat there, thinking what had I done wrong? Had I messed up? It couldn't be, I had never cheated on him, I never flirted with other guys, I wasn'the most attractive girl but I gave him everything. I gave all my love, my passion, my feelings. 

I gave him my heart.

So many things ran through my mind and I had not realized that I was crying. I quickly wiped away my tears and forced a fake smile. I had never felt so vulnerable before. I had never felt so ... I felt as if someone had stripped away my soul and left me with nothing. That they had taken everything away and I could not even get it back because I had given it willingly. I had humiliated myself, willingly. And I had given away everything I had, willingly. To the wrong person. 

Little did I know someone was also in pain because of my pain. Only, they couldn't come comfort me. I did not even know if their existence. 

-End Of Flashback-

I closed my eyes and smiled. This was the first time that I had felt relief in a while. As stupid as it was to run away from your problems, I felt that it was the only solution at the moment. I dreamed that one day one guy wouldn't take me for granted like I was for the past two years. But for now, I lit up a cigarette. I started smoking and drinking when my life went downhill. I wasn't top student, I wasn't the same spoiled rich kid. My parents now hated me for always coming home late, drunk. It was my way of numbing the pain. I didn't want to face my problems, I wanted to avoid them. I was a coward and I knew it. I had lost the person who meant everything to me, from there my perfect world crumbled to pieces. It was like a mirror, it could not be put back together, because it would never look the same again. Unless that mirror was replaced... except I was not willing to replace that mirror, I was not willing to move on. 


A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short, I just wanted to start it off somewhere, I'm still not very sure with this story, I know I want to write but I'm not sure about the characters and such. (: Hopefully I can write a good fic so that someone reads it this time (: Next chapter coming soon!