Fin

The love letter

Dear Leo,
I've been thinking of ways that I can tell you how I feel but since there are too many I'm just going to be straightforward. I like you, a lot. I don't remember how I fell for you just that we were in high school. That was when you first saw you. We were put in the same class for senior year. It was hard everyday to hide my feelings, even more so when my brother started to hang with you and your friends. You would come to my house and I would hide upstairs watching you. That's sounds creepy I know. Looking back at it, it was creepy and I'm sorry about that. 

Love, 
Gayoon

If there was ever a time I wanted to scream so loud, it would be now. I've searched and searched through my whole room and can't find it! I hope I'm not going crazy, I'm pretty sure I left it on my desk last night. I should have destroyed that letter right after I wrote it, then I wouldn't be stuck looking for it. Think…think!! Ugh I hate myself right now.

I threw myself on my bed and buried my head in the pillow. Someone knocked on my door and came in. I knew it was my mom since she was the only other person here. 
“Sweety,, are you still asleep. It's past 10 in the morning. You need to get up.”  
“I'm awake Mom.” I sat up and walked to my bathroom to take a shower. I had just stepped in when I heard my moms voice through the door. 
“Oh by the way, can you pick up wonsik from uni?”
“Sure Mom.” I yelled back. I quickly finished my nice warm shower and headed out to do some early Christmas shopping. I had until 1 to pick up wonsik. At the mall I found a nice sweater for my mom and a nice pair of headphones for my brother. He was always losing them or breaking them. I got Hyuk, Hongbin, N and Leo some assorted chocolates. I would have bought Leo some coffe roasts but then my feelings would be too obvious. 

I arrived at 1 on the dot in front of Wonsiks uni. I saw him say goodbye to the guys and walked over to me. 
“Hey noona.” 
“Hey Wonsik, Mom asked me to pick you up today.”
“Why can't you call me Ravi like everyone else.” He said frustrated. 
“Because I'm not just everyone else, I'm your big sis. Besides Ravi sounds like something I'd name my pet dog.” I laughed at his glaring face. 
“How could you say that noona!”
“I'm just stating the obvious.” He sat back into the seat and folded his arms against his chest. Calling him by his nickname has become a challenge for him. He insists but I don't give in even when my mom calls him Ravi  but only in front of him. 

When we got home we could smell lunch. Mom made her delicious bibimbap! She was already serving our plates. I could eat her cooking forever. 
“You two made it back in time.” She sat down and we sat with her. “Ravi, how was class?”
Wonsik swallowed his food and smiled widely at Mom. 
“It was great. I did good on my essay.” He gleaned proudly. 
“That's great to hear but I don't want you to stress yourself out a lot. You stayed up really late last night.”
“I know I'm sorry Mom. I would've stayed up later if I hadn't called Leo hyung to help me out.”
I almost choked on my water. 
“Leo was here last night?”
“No, we face timed. Why did you want to see him.” He winked at me. He and Mom were the only two people who knew about my crush on him. 
“No, I was just asking.” I tried to sound convincing. 
“Sure.” He gave the whatever you say face. 

The next morning I woke up at 7. I had to go to work today and I wasn't even functioning yet. It's tooo early! I walked into the living room where Wonsik was waiting for me. 
“Morning noona!” He was too cheerful. 
“How can you be so awake.” I said drowsily.
“I have some news for you.” I looked at curiously. “Leo Hyung wants to talk to you today.” He smile was too big. 
“Leo? T-talk to me?” I stammered. 
“Yea, I guess whatever you wrote to him got his attention.” I swear I think my heart just stopped. 
“Wrote to him?”
“Yea, that envelope that said to Taekwoon. It was on your desk yesterday morning.” He seemed confused at my reaction. He gave my letter to Leo. He gave my letter to Leo and he read it. He gave my letter to Leo, read it and wants to talk to me. I'm dead! I'm so dead! Why!! “Noona, you ok?” He waved his hand in front of my face. I just stared at the wall across the room. “Noona?...noona?!” 
I looked at him. I breathed in deeply and let it out. “YOU GAVE HIM MY LETTER!!” He jumped back at my sudden outburst. “That letter was never supposed to go to him!”
He gave me an oh face and pretended to wave a white flag. “I'm sorry, I didn't  know….b-but think about it this way. If it was a love letter, and he wants to talk to you then it's all good.”
“How's that all good, I can't believe you. Find your own ride to school!” I walked out of the house and drove to work. 

I couldn't concentrate at all. I had emails I hadn't  replied to, stacks of paper I hadn't filed yet. All I could think about was Leo and my letter that's was never supposed to be given to him. So many thoughts were running in my head. What if he doesn't want to be friends. What if he doesn't want to come around the house. What if it gets awkward between us. Or worse! What if he tells me I'm the creepiest person ever! I looked at the clock. It was already 2pm. I only had 30 more minutes until I got out. Why was this day going by so fast? 

At 3 pm I was at the coffee shop he owned.  I walked in and quietly sat down at the farthest table hoping he didn't see me. Why did I even come. Too my luck, he did see me. I saw him say something to his employee and make his way over. I can't do this, I can't do this. Rejection isn't something I wanna experience. His handsome serious face was getting closer and closer until he finally sat down. 
“Hi Taekwoon-ssi.” I bowed my head and banked it onto the table. “Ow!”
“Are you ok?” 
“Y-yes.” I rubbed my forehead and looked at him. 
“Gayoon-ssi I wanted to talk to about this.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out my letter and put it on the table. I yanked the envelope and held it close to my chest. 
“I'm sorry! You weren't supposed to ever see it! It was given to you by mistake.” I looked at the envelope in my hands. I couldn't look at him. I was so embarrassed. 
“There's no need to be embarrassed. I thought it was..cute.” I looked at him with utter confusion. Cute, did he say cute. Doesn't he think I'm creepy. “I myself wrote you a letter back in high school declaring my feelings for you.” He spoke softly and I could see his cheeks redden. 
“You had feelings for me in high school?” 
“In high school, college..and..even now.” I swear if I died right now, I'd die happy. I've never seen him smile so big before or talk for so long. “I purposefully followed you to college, Gayoon. And since I know how you feel, why don't we go on a date?”
“ A-a date? I would love that.” My heart was making flips inside. Wonsik, thank you.