Every story...

Looking for myself, I found you
"Every story has a beginning and mine is simple. My name is Im Changkyun, I'm 18 years old and I'm a university student. School year has just started and first week was fun, I met quite a lot of people and I know I'll have a great time there.
But let's take this back a little and focus on the main picture. All my life there's one vital thing I've never known: I have no clue as to who I am. I know it sounds stupid. I'm simply Im Changkyun. But who is Im Changkyun?
Well, I actually don't know. I'm apparently a bright kid according to adults and a nice person according to people my age. But knowing that, knowing what people generally think of me somehow doesn't help. I feel like I need to define myself alone so that I can finally become independent and stop relying on others as much as I do. It makes me feels weak and childish.
So in order to find myself a bit more without sollicitating the help of others, I decided to start a diary. Yes, I know, how 12 year old girly of me. But seriously, I hope this will help m-"
 
"Im Changkyun come downstairs and hurry or it will be cold!" Changkyun sighed and closed his diary, putting it back inside his desk drawer. "Coming Mom!" He yelled back thinking about resuming writing when he would come back to his room. It was the school year's first week-end and Changkyun's mother had insisted on him coming back home like he hadn't just started university and thus didn't live in a dorm, away from home. He thought her clinginess could become a little suffocating at times but he usually found it endearing and today he gave her a big hug when he entered the kitchen. She had prepared pancakes and it smelled delicious. "Here you go Changkyun-ah, eat well and gain strengh for this year." "Mom I already told you, it's not like I'm going to the army or something, it's just uni!" "I know honey but please understand that it's scary for a mother to send her child off to live in a dorm. I won't be there on week-ends to make you your favorite pancakes so you should be devastated too!" She laughed and hugged Changkyun who was actually holding back a laughing fit as he was trying to swallow a mouthful of pancake. "I'm just so proud of you with the great course you're taking, your amazing archery skills, your nice friends and your overflowing kindness and goodness. I can't wait for you to be an adult Changkyun, you'll be stunning!" Changkyun was finally able to finish swallowing as he didn't really feel like laughing anymore. He tried to conceal the panicking thoughts that flooded him upon hearing his mother's speech and gave her a warm smile and a thumbs up. "Pancakes are delicious like usual Mom! But please don't make me laugh again otherwise I won't enjoy them as much as I want to, since I'll be nearly dying!" She exploded with a clear and hearty laugh as Changkyun tried to keep his mind clear of scary adulthood thoughts and focus on how perfectly cooked the pancakes were. He felt as though this would be the last week-end that he spent like this. He was certain that the childish Changkyun scared about growing up would be gone next time he comes back for the week-end. Or at least that's what he was hoping for.
He was hoping he would finally change and become himself.