—fin.

sweet box of pepero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's with that kind of facial expression, Lele? Is something bothering you?" Jisung asked as he inched his face closer to the grumpy Chenle sitting next to him.

 

"Tomorrow is Pepero day!"

 

"Advance happy Pepero day! I'll be giving one of our classmates a sweet box of Pepero."

 

"I hope she goes out with me since it's Pepero day."

 

Chenle heaved a sigh before rolling his eyes in annoyance. Who wouldn't be annoyed when everyone around you is talking about Pepero freaking day? So what if it's Pepero day tomorrow? Does that change anything in this world? For their information, tomorrow is just another boring day! That's it and nothing else.

 

Turning his attention to Jisung, he pointed the people around them who are currently engrossed into the topic about Pepero day. "What's bothering me? Well, our classmates must be out of their minds. Like what's so exciting about Pepero day? I swear I'm not going out of this classroom tomorrow even when Renjun hyung calls me out." He rolled his eyes once again.

 

Jisung chuckled because of his response and he tapped Chenle's shoulder. "They're excited because Pepero day means special day for them."

 

"A special day for them? Special day my . It's just any ordinary day!"

 

Looking around their classroom, he then turned his attention back to Chenle. "May I ask why are you so salty about it, Lele?" Jisung asked as a playful smile crept on his lips. His mouth then went to his ear. "Is it because you know that Renjun hyung won't give you any sweets tomorrow? Is that it?"

 

Chenle's eyes widened in horror as he covered Jisung's mouth immediately. "What the hell, Park Jisung! Tone down your voice will you?!"

 

The younger started bursting out of laughter. "Oops. Zhong Chenle's cursing already. Why? Is it because you're shy to admit that you have a crush on your very own best friend? Very wrong. You should feel lucky just like the song which has the line 'I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend'." He teased and held his stomach.

 

Oh dear God. Chenle swears that he is going to stitch up Jisung's mouth anytime from now. Can't he tone down his voice? Even just a little? For pete's sake, someone might hear them and find out about his tiny little secret! Darn it!

 

"Be quiet, Jisung! Someone might hear our conversation!" Chenle hissed and rolled his eyes for the nth time. "And why would I feel lucky when he clearly sees me as a best friend only huh?"

 

A tear escaped from Jisung's eye as he bursted out of laughter again. "Exactly why you should feel lucky because you're caught in a one sided and hopeless kind of crush!"

 

"What did you just say, Park Jisung?!" The older glared at him. Is that even what friends are for? He doesn't have to rub it in! He knows that his crush is one sided! "You're so mean and heartless!"

 

"Of course, Lele. I'm not the almighty evil maknae for nothing."

 

Oh yeah. How stupid of him to forget that this dear friend in front of him is an evil maknae. Why did that slip off his mind though?

 

"Speaking of your one sided and hopeless crush, Renjun hyung is outside. Perfect timing." Jisung motioned Chenle towards their classroom's door as a playful smile is plastered on his lips. "Aww so sweet like Pepero. Renjun hyung is picking you up." He cooed and bursted out of laughter.

 

Outside their classroom was Renjun who is genuinely waving at him as he waits for Chenle to get out of his classroom.

 

Chenle shots him daggers before standing up from his seat. "Shut up will you, Jisung? Maybe he just wants me to accompany him somewhere."

 

"Whatever you say, Zhong Chenle. Anyways, go fighting! I hope you swoon his heart." The younger even did a fighting gesture and he could only roll his eyes.

 

As soon as he stepped out of their classroom, Renjun instantly snakes his arm around Chenle's shoulders with a wide smile and pulled him closer. He stiffened at his gesture and his heart started beating rapidly like it's gonna come out of his chest anytime from now.

 

Holy . Why is Renjun doing that kind of gesture to him? Is that what the best of friends even do? Even though they are clearly nothing but best friends, he still can't stop himself from getting flustered. Who the hell wouldn't get flustered when your best friend as well as crush is pulling you so close to him like he doesn't want to let go?!

 

At this rate, he's really going to assume that there is something beyond his gestures when in fact it's all just nothing but a friendly act! Darn it!

 

"What were you talking about with Jisung-ah?" Renjun suddenly asked while they're walking.

 

"N-Nothing in particular, Renjun hyung." Ohmygosh. Did he just actually stuttered? What the hell.

 

Wanting to change the topic, he opened up a new question. "W-Where are we going this time, Renjun hyung?"

 

Renjun turned to look at Chenle as he flashed a sweet smile and pinched his cheeks. "The usual, Chenle-ah. Locker area." He chuckled and ruffled his hair.

 

Chenle swears that he is already having an internal turmoils and mental breakdown inside his mind. Ohmygosh. Seeing Renjun smile like that is making his heart beat crazier than how it already is! And more than that, his chuckle is making feel more flustered than ever! Goodness gracious. What the had Renjun done to him huh? These foreign feelings inside of him is just so frustrating! Darn it!

 

Trying to set aside his nervousness, Chenle looked down as they walked along the school hallways, on the way to Renjun's locker area.

 

"Will you please stop pushing it heart?" The younger faintly whispered to himself.

 

"Hmm?" Looks like, the older noticed it. "Did you say something, Lele?"

 

"No. I didn't say anything."

 

The older nodded before opening up a new topic. "Is that so? By the way, do you know what day it is tomorrow? It's Pepero day!" He exclaimed like it's the most exciting day in the whole year.

 

Here we go again with his Pepero day topic. Pepero day here and Pepero day everywhere! What the actual ? Just when will he wouldn't that annoying topic huh? If only it's possible to unhear something, then he would've started mentally throwing a party a while ago! Darn it!

 

Chenle rolled his eyes and snorted. "What if it's Pepero day tomorrow? Is it a big deal?"

 

"Seriously, Chenle-ah?" Both of them stopped on their tracks as Renjun's eyes widened in horror. He turned to face Chenle and held both of his shoulders. "Aren't you even excited about it?"

 

"Why the hell would I get excited about it?" Chenle responded in a lazy tone. Who the hell would get excited when it's just an ordinary day tomorrow?

 

Shaking his head in disagreement, Renjun heaved a sigh before speaking. "Aigoo. May I ask why you're so salty about Pepero day? You should be excited! The day where you can give Peperos out there as well as other sweets. It's something exciting! Can't you see?" He grinned and wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"Huang Renjun."

 

"Yes? Finally come to realize everything that I said, Zhong Chenle?"

 

The younger turned to face him as he eyed him seriously. "Are we just going to stand here talking about that freaking Pepero day or are we going to your locker area like what you said? Remember that time is gold, hyung."

 

Raising both of his hands in defeat, Renjun finally stopped pushing the topic. Looks like, there isn't any possibility for Chenle's mood to brighten up whenever they talk about that topic. So in the end, he gloomily walked along with him as they made their way to his locker area.

 

"I wonder why my best friend is in a sour mood right now." Renjun said while they were walking. Oops. That was totally a wrong move, Huang Renjun.

 

Chenle's mood became even sour than how sour it is already. Goodness gracious. He doesn't have to rub the bitter truth right in his face! He gets it alright! He's young but he's not totally dumb! His feelings are one sided and Renjun reciprocating it is beyond impossible! They are just the best of friends and nothing else! Darn it!

 

He walked faster in an annoyed manner, leaving Renjun behind and he tried to catch up with his pace. "Yah! Can't you wait for me, Lele?!"

 

 

"So? How's it going, Renjun-ah?" Mark asked as soon as he entered their school's student lounge where the gang is waiting for him. "Is everything going your way?"

 

Renjun heaved a sigh as he sat down next to Donghyuck. "I brought up the topic earlier and he's sour about it. Mark hyung, I think it's going to be an epic fail!" He said in a monotonous way.

 

"Why did you say so, hyung?" Donghyuck asked in confusion and inches his face closer to Renjun.

 

"Yah! Lee Donghyuck, stop that!" Mark yelled and pointed the younger.

 

Jeno chuckles and shakes his head. "Take it easy will you, Mark hyung? As if he's going to be stolen from you."

 

Jaemin also nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah. Jeno hyung's right. You're so damn whipped, Mark hyung." Everyone bursted out of laughter except Mark who frowned because of this statement.

 

"Whatever you say, Na Jaemin! Anyway going back to the topic, why is it going to be an epic fail, Renjun-ah?"

 

Heaving a sigh for the nth time, Renjun flashed a faint smile. "Chenle-ah seems to dislike wait no. He really dislikes Pepero day." He stated and rested his head on the table.

 

"And then? Why is it such a big deal?"

 

"Isn't it obvious? I won't be able to confess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter