It's Me

It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

I was rushing to school but not because I'm late.

 

In fact, it's still early but I'm just excited to ask my bestfriend about the brilliant idea that pops in my head.

 

She usually go to school early so I know I could talk to her before our classes starts.

 

She's a junior and I'm a senior so we could only meet each other at vacant periods.

 

That's sad but at least we're still able to bond.

 

I would love to spend all my time with her.

 

I go to her classroom and found her talking to her friends.

 

"Jiyeon Eunjung sunbae is here" One of her classmates notice me.

 

Why her classmates notice immediately but she didn't?

 

Jiyeon turn to look at me and sigh.

 

Eh?

 

She stand up and then drag me out of her room.

 

"Bye Eunjung sunbae!" Her classmates said and wave at me but because Jiyeon was dragging me I didn't have the chance to say goodbye or at least wave back.

 

We go to the rooftop where we usually hang out.

 

"So let me guess. You have this crazy lame idea again" She said.

 

I pout.

 

She always call my ideas lame and crazy.

 

"And let me guess again. When that idea pops in your head you think it was brilliant to the point that it makes you super excited and run to school to meet me" She said while wiping the sweat on my face and fixing my uniform.

 

Such a sweet bestfriend.

 

This is the reason why I can't be mad at her even though she calls my idea lame and crazy.

 

"Ok so my idea wa-"

 

"Your idea cost one meal for lunch" She said and smirk at me.

 

I sigh.

 

"Fine. You always win." I said in defeat.

 

"Wahh!! I love you bestfriend!!" She said and hug me.

 

A morning hug from her.

 

Such a nice morning.

 

"Ok so my idea wa-"

 

"To confess with your crush" She said and I glare at her.

 

She's cute but maybe if she could let me finish talking she'd be more cute.

 

"What? Your ideas always starts with that and always about that and most of them were crazy and lame." She said.

 

**sigh**

 

"Yeah but can you please let me finish talking?" I said.

 

"Ok sorry go ahead and tell me this brilliant idea." She said and hug my waist.

 

She always became sweet when she knows that I'm about to sulk with her and me? I'm always melting whenever she do that.

 

"Ok. So I plan to take her into a diner date where I will sing for her and confess afterwards" I said then waited for her reaction but she just stare at me.

 

"So?" I ask her because she's not saying anything

 

"Oh are you done? Is that all?" She ask and I nod.

 

Geez...

 

If she's not my bestfriend I will make her fly from here.

 

"The time you mention the romantic thing makes me want to throw up Eunjung. You're not romantic." She said.

 

I was hurt but I'm used to it coz this is not the first time she disapprove my ideas for confession.

 

"I'm not romantic? You told me before that I wasn't sweet. I'm not cool. I'm not charming and now I'm not romantic? Am I that boring?" I said to her.

 

Everytime I will ask her opinions about my idea I always receive remarks that makes me feel like I'm super boring.

 

"No you're not boring. I'm still hanging out with you so you're not boring Eunjung unnie" She said and that makes me frown.

 

"Yah! Call me not romantic, not cool ,not charming or not sweet. I can accept that but calling me unnie? It's a No No Park Jiyeon" I said to her with a very serious tone of voice.

 

"Wae? You're older than me." She said.

 

I didn't respond but I'm still frowning.

 

I don't want to be her unnie.

 

"Ok fine. You don't wanna look older so Eunjungie~ don't sulk please~" She said using her aegyo.

 

It's unfair coz I can't resist her.

 

"So just tell me how should I do it. I'm running out of ideas" I just said to her.

 

I feel like I need to change the topic.

 

"I'm sorry but I never did confess to anyone before so I can't give you any advice. I have to go back to the classroom now coz I forgot to do my homework. See you at lunch" She said and kiss my cheeks before she run back to her classroom.

 

Why is she always in a hurry every time I ask her suggestion?

 

When will she agree to my ideas?

 

I'm running out of ideas.

 

I just headed to my classroom.

 

All my excitement all the way here to school were gone after she disapprove my ideas.

 

When I reach the classroom I found my seatmate Qri talking to her girlfriend over the phone.

 

I want a girlfriend too!!!!!!!

 

I just slump myself to my seat and heaved a deep sigh.

 

"Bye Minnie. I can't wait to see you again. I love you" I heard Qri said.

 

"So what's up? I just saw you running on the hallway like you won a lottery but now you look like a hopeless person" She said to me.

 

"Yeah, maybe I'm hopeless...I'm hopeless coz I'll never be able to confess to my crush before I graduate." I said not forgetting to sigh.

 

"Eh? Why not?" She ask.

 

"Because my bestfriend disapproves my idea of confession once again" I said.

 

"Why your bestfriend's approval so important to you? Why don't you just go to her and tell her how you feel?" She said.

 

"Jiyeon said that looks effortless. The reason why she told me I'm not sweet." I said.

 

"Well, it takes a lot of courage to confess to someone you love. I don't think it's effortless" She said.

 

I sighed.

 

"But she said it is" I insisted.

 

"Ok. You believe in so much...Hmm...Why don't you just ask her opinion? " She said.

 

"I tried that many times but she always tell me that she have no idea" I said.

 

"Hmmm. You and your bestfriend were both a pabo Eunjung" She said.

 

Mwo?

 

JIYEON'S POV

I go back to the classroom after the conversation with Eunjung.

 

"So what happen?" Iu ask me.

 

"The usual" I said.

 

"Oh...so you did what you always do. Doesn't that makes her upset?" she ask.

 

"I don't know. She never said she was." I said.

 

"Heol. You know what Jiyeon. Your opinion matters to her a lot. You see she's not doing it when you said you don't like it. Don't you think it's a little bit frustrating to her?....I think she really love the girl. By the way who do you think it is?" She said

 

"I don't have to ask. It's Qri for sure.... You know what? Let's not talk about it." I said and pay attention to my book.

 

I often see Eunjung hang out with Qri and Qri is a like a princess.

 

Lots of students in this school likes her.

 

When I open the book a picture fell from it.

 

It was a picture of me and Eunjung when we were just kids.

 

I smile remembering the memories brought by this picture.

 

Those happy times that I never wanted to change.

 

Her ideas were all romantic and whoever is her crush will sure fall for her but I'm afraid that she'll forget me when she already had a girlfriend.

 

It's not true that she's not sweet or cool or charming.

 

I actually find her all that but if I agree with her she will ask me to help her in confessing to that girl.

 

As a bestfriend I can't say no and I have to see one of the most painful thing that I'm afraid to come.

 

The day that she will prioritize her girlfriend and forget about her bestfriend.

 

I afraid of changes coz I'm used to having her around.

 

I know it sounds selfish but thinking about her giving all her attention to someone else makes it hard for me to breath.

 

I can't lose my bestfriend.

 

The class go on with me thinking about Eunjung and trying to focus on the lecture.

 

It's a tough thing coz I just notice myself writing Eunjung's name on my notebook rather than the lesson on the board.

 

I'm heading to the canteen now to meet Eunjung.

 

I saw her waiting for me in a table.

 

I'm happy to see that she already bought the food

 

Food could change my mood.

 

But....

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask as I take the seat in front of her.

 

She looks so problematic.

 

"I'm going to grow old alone Jiyeon" She said and her eyes went teary.

 

"Mwo? What are you talking about?" I curiously ask.

 

"I can't confess to her. I can't ask her to be my girlfriend and I can't  marry her. I'm hopeless. Maybe one of these days I'll saw her walking with someone else." She said and cry.

 

"Yah! Stop crying. People will think I made you cry." I said coz I actually don't know what to say to comfort her.

 

Half of me want her to give up on that girl and half of me is saying to let her be happy.

 

"I'm hopeless Jiyeon." She said and I can see real tears in her eyes.

 

"Well, you're still young and don't you think it's too early to say that you'll marry her?" I said.

 

"She's the right one for me. My heart said that and I won't love anyone else" She said.

 

Ouch...

 

That girl was so lucky whoever she is.

 

My bestfriend seems to be really in love with her.

 

**sigh**

 

She suddenly stand up.

 

I thought she would leave but she just transfer to sit beside me.

 

"Feed me" She said.

 

"Mwo? You're hopeless but your hands are perfectly fine" I said coz she sit really close to me.

 

Not that I don't want to feed her but doesn't she think that her crush might see us and get the wrong idea?

 

She look at me and pout.

 

"I paid for your meal" She said.

 

"As a payment for listen to your lame crazy idea." I added

 

"But you're my bestfriend and a bestfriend should listen to her bestfriend Dino" She said calling me that name again.

 

"Tsk." I said and just feed her.

 

"Get over with it ok. You're not growing old alone. I'm here remember?" I said as I feed her and feed myself too.

 

"So you will marry me?" She ask and it made me stop.

 

"M-mwo?" I ask in shock.

 

Is she serious?

 

Then, she suddenly laugh.

 

"Yah!" I said and hit her shoulder.

 

How could she do this to me?!

 

I frown and started to ignore her.

 

It feels like my heart literally stops beating with that question.

 

"Dino~ Feed me~" She said using her cute voice to me.

 

I still ignore her and continue eating.

 

"Are you mad? Don't be mad please~" She said and hug my waist leaning her head on my shoulder.

 

Still I ignore her.

 

When she notice that I'm really ignoring her she sit properly and start eating by herself.

 

Now this is awkward.

 

 

******************

 

 

Three days passed and we're still like that.

 

We still eat together but we're like strangers who happens to share the same table because there's no vacant spot anymore.

 

Sometime I think it was my fault but sometimes I also feel that it's too shallow for us to fight like this.

 

Or maybe it was because I refused to help her with her confession.

 

Any of those could be a reason for this but this is making me feel so stressed.

 

This is our first major fight.

 

**sigh**

 

Right now I'm still here in my room.

 

It's pretty unusual for me because at this time I was supposed to be at school already.

 

"Jiyeon aren't you going to school?" My Mom ask as she enters my room.

 

I think everything in my life was affected because of this fight.

 

I miss her already.

 

"I will Mom. Just a minute" I lifelessly said.

 

I feel lazy to go to school today.

 

"By the way I haven't heard of Eunjung. She usually will call me and ask about you but now she didn't. Is she ok?" Mom ask.

 

Huh?

 

"She calls you?" I ask

 

"Yeah. Most of the time. Asking me if you eat already or something about you but it's odd that I never heard of her for the past few days" Mom said.

 

I was surprise to hear that.

 

Eunjung really do that?

 

"Maybe she's busy Mom. She's graduating" I said to Mom.

 

I don't want to let her know that Eunjung and I were fighting or are we really?

 

I left the house.

 

I feel really feel lazy to go to school today knowing that Eunjung will just ignore me when we see each other.

 

**sigh**

 

Because I'm not in the mood I decided to walk to school.

 

It's not that far so it's alright but if you need to hurry of course it's not alright.

 

As for me? I know I would be late but I don't care.

 

Maybe I should get used to it.

 

Not on being late but I should get used to not having Eunjung around.

 

When Eunjung finally confess to that lucky girl I'll be her less priority and it'll feel just like this or maybe more painful than this so I better take this as a drill.

 

But will it help?

 

Tears escape my eyes as I imagine my life without her.

 

I miss her so much.

 

I'm walking slowly while looking down.

 

As expected I arrive late at class and my teacher scolded me.

 

I just told him I don't feel well so he let me pass this time coz this is the first time it happens to me.

 

"Girl. Are you not feeling well or you just cried?" IU ask me.

 

"It could be both. Now pay attention before we both get scolded" I said.

 

I tried so hard to concentrate on the lesson but it's not that easy when all that's running in my head was Eunjung.

 

Eunjung.

 

Eunjung

 

Eunjung.

 

All her and I can't focus on anything else. Fortunately we got no pop quiz or else all my answers could end up being Eunjung too.

 

Lunch time.

 

I headed to the canteen as usual to meet her.

 

I always feel excited during lunch but now I don't feel excited at all.

 

I feel nervous.

 

Maybe, I should talk to her and reconcile.

 

I'm her bestfriend and I should support her and let her be happy.

 

We can't be like this forever and I should spend and treasure all my time with her while I still could.

 

That's it.

 

I made up my mind.

 

I'll support her in confessing to that girl.

 

But...

 

 

 

 

 

I guess she doesn't need my help anymore.

 

I saw her hugging Qri in our usual spot.

 

I never thought this is much painful than I imagine it to be.

 

I turn my back and started to walk away till I unknowingly take myself to the rooftop where we usually hang out.

 

Damn it!!!

 

Why does everything must remind me of her?

 

I sat on the corner and started to cry.

 

Eunjung doesn't need me anymore.

 

It's too late.

 

It's over.

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

**sigh**

 

"Hey, quit sighing. If you miss her go on and tell her. Tell her how you really feel." Qri said to me.

 

We are here in the canteen sitting on the usual spot were Jiyeon and I eat.

 

I was waiting for her actually. It's been three days since we ignore each other and it's killing me.

 

I miss her so bad.

 

"What do you mean by tell her how I feel?" I ask.

 

"C'mon Eunjung. Don't play dumb with me. I know this special someone that you're crazy in love with is your bestfriend" She said.

 

I was shocked.

 

"How did you know?" I ask.

 

"Duh! Her opinions about your confessions matters a lot to you and most of the time you talk about her and I also could see that Jiyeon feels the same" She said.

 

"M-mwo?" I just said

 

Jiyeon loves me too?

 

"No it's impossible. For her I'm just her bestfriend. Her unnie and that's why I need to do something to make her see me more than that" I said.

 

"Oh gosh Eunjung. Can't you see it? You're bestfriend is always trying to tuck you out of your ideas of confession. To be honest all of your ideas could work....She just doesn't want you to confess and what do you think could be the reason for that?" She said.

 

That makes me think.

 

"Jiyeon doesn't want me to confess to her?" I ask still trying to absorb everything.

 

"She doesn't know it's her otherwise there's no reason for you to confess" She said and rolled her eyes on me.

 

She's right.

 

Jiyeon loves me too.

 

I stand up and hug Qri because of happiness.

 

"Thank you so much Ri!" I said.

 

"Eunjung let go of me. Jiyeon sees us" She said and immediately let go of her.

 

I look to the entrance and saw Jiyeon leaving.

 

Is she crying?

 

"What are you waiting for? Go on and chase her!" Qri said and push me.

 

I almost lost my balance and fall but luckily I didn't.

 

Jinja!

 

I run outside of the canteen to look for Jiyeon.

 

I look around but I can't see her anymore.

 

Where is she?

 

How could she disappear so fast?

 

Even though I have no idea where did she go I still try searching for her around the school.

 

I tried to look for her in their classroom but she's not here.

 

Where could she be?

 

Think Ham Eunjung...

 

.....

 

 

Right!

 

 She could be in there.

 

I immediately run to the rooftop.

 

I was right she was there sitting on the floor hugging her knees.

 

I tried to catch my breath for a moment before I approach her and sit beside her.

 

I just sit there trying to figure out what to say to her.

 

My heart is beating so loud right now.

 

I can hear her sobbing.

 

My mouth opens but no words coming out.

 

I've gone speechless.

 

"What are you doing here?" She ask without even looking at me.

 

"I'm here to...uhm...to talk?" I said.

 

She lift her head this time and look at me with a frown on her face.

 

"YOU DIDN'T TALK TO ME FOR DAMN THREE DAYS EUNJUNG!!....AND NOW YOU'RE SAYING YOU WANTED TO TALK TO ME AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN SURE ABOUT IT!!!"

 

And there she started yelling at me.

 

Geez

 

If you're not used to her yelling you'll start to tremble in fear when you hear it.

 

"Dino stop roaring please. My ears" I said.

 

She glared at me.

 

It hurts to see her cry.

 

"I saw you at the entrance but you disappear" I said.

 

"I don't want to ruin your moment" She said and look away.

 

"Moment? What moment?" I curiously ask her.

 

"I saw you hugging Qri" She said.

 

Oh that...

 

Hmm.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter