Tiny

California King Bed

The dorm beds are tiny, perfectly suited for someone of Yoojung's small stature. Not too long, not too wide, with barely enough space for a growing girl to sleep on. The bed is tiny, Yoojung tells herself. It's always been tiny, and it will always be tiny. So why does it feel like a king-size bed without Doyeon crammed in next to her? Yoojung hates sleeping alone. She's hated it since she first moved in with Doyeon. Since the first night when she spent the whole evening sobbing because she missed her family. Since Doyeon crawled into that tiny bed with her and held her until they both fell asleep. The bed barely fits Yoojung alone, and half the time she wakes up on top of Doyeon, but without the taller girl it feels so... vast… so... empty. Yoojung doesn't like it. She misses the tiny space becoming even tinier. She misses the extra warmth she receives. Most importantly, she misses Doyeon.

“Why aren’t you sleeping yet?” Doyeon asks.

Her voice is groggy and Yoojung knows the taller girl is practically sleep walking.

“I just have a lot on my mind.” Yoojung mumbles.

Doyeon hums in response, slipping on her pajamas. “You always do.”

She climbs into bed next to Yoojung, the shorter of the two shifting ever so slightly to give up whatever space is left. Doyeon wraps her arms around Yoojung, pulling the shorter girl flush against her. It’s a habit. A habit, which usually ends up with Yoojung, experiencing a face full of Doyeon’s chest. Not that she really minds. Yoojung has always loved listening to Doyeon’s heartbeat. A melody so pure, so rhythmic and enchanting, Yoojung thinks she could listen to it forever and never grow tired of the sound. 

“How was filming?” Yoojung asks, trying to avert her focus from Doyeon’s soothing heartbeat. 

“Fine. Long. I missed you.”

Yoojung’s breath hitches in the back of . Even after all of this time, Doyeon still took it away from her. It’s like falling in love all over again, because Yoojung is still falling in love with Doyeon: every second, every minute, every hour, everyday.

Doyeon slides a hand up Yoojung’s back, fingers threading themselves through the shorter girls hair. Another habit, one that leads to Yoojung falling asleep almost instantly. Doyeon’s hand stops short, reaching the ends of Yoojung’s hair much quicker than usual.

Without skipping a beat Doyeon muses, “You cut your hair.”

“I did.”

“I like it.”

“You haven't even seen it.” Yoojung scoffs.

Doyeon chuckles. “I don’t need to see it to like it. I like everything about you, so why wouldn’t I like your haircut?”

Yoojung flushes. She can only hope Doyeon can’t feel her burning cheeks through the flimsy top she’s wearing. 

“Because I might look ugly.”

Doyeon gently pulls on Yoojung’s hair, forcing the shorter girl to look at her. Even in the nearly -out bedroom, Yoojung can see the fire burning in Doyeon’s eyes.

“You? Ugly? Never.”

It’s a simple statement (a reoccurring one for that matter), nothing flashy, no big ‘I love you’, but it makes Yoojung’s heart swell just the same. 

She presses a soft kiss to Doyeon’s lips, words muffled as she finally says them aloud.

“I love you… you know that right?”

“I do.” Doyeon grins. “And I love you too.”

 

A/N: I just had too. DoDaeng makes me an emotional wreck. They're just so precious.