Final

So we battle?

Not having a schedule is the best. While it’s true that they still need to practice and whatnot, at least they finally have some free time. Therefore, Chanwoo decided to spend his time playing games. He lies on his bed and opens his 3DS. It’s time to finally play that new Pokémon game!

Chanwoo is playing peacefully by himself, but, after a while, Junhoe comes and sits on the floor next to him. He watches Chanwoo plays his game before asking, “Is it fun?”.

Chanwoo only hums in respond, not even looking away from his 3DS.

Junhoe is somewhat annoyed by Chanwoo’s nonchalant response, so he tries to get his attention. “Can I try?”, he asked.

Chanwoo turns and looks at Junhoe for a split second, but he quickly returns to his game with a firm “No.”.

Hearing another nonchalant response, Junhoe gets even more annoyed. Arms folding and eyebrow twitching, he decides he needs to bring it to the next level. “Let me try!”, he insisted, leaning forward to try and grab the 3DS from Chanwoo’s hand.

“No! What are you doing?”, Chanwoo protested, trying to keep Junhoe from stealing his 3DS.

“I said I want to try.”

“Can’t you just do something else!?”

“I don’t want to do anything else!”

They wrestle over the 3DS for a while, when finally, the 3DS drops to the floor. Oops…

When it reaches the floor, they start staring back and forth at the 3DS on the floor and each other; no one actually picking it up. In the end, Chanwoo pouts and picks it up, saying, “You’re breaking my stuff!”.

Hearing Chanwoo’s complaint, Junhoe opens his mouth to reply, although he is unsure whether to apologize or complaint back. Fortunately, he doesn’t have to say anything. The 3DS in Chanwoo’s hand starts making weird noises.

“Eh… What’s going on?”, Chanwoo asked while inspecting his 3DS.

“Let me take a look.”, Junhoe offered, reaching for the 3DS. However, as soon as his hand touches the 3DS, it discharges electric shock that knocks them out.

 


“Wh- What’s going on?”, Chanwoo asked as he opens his eyes. When he sees his surrounding, he immediately jumps up in surprise. This isn’t his room! In fact, if anything, it seems that they… went into the game!

“Ouch… Where are we?”, Junhoe asked when he wakes up, rubbing his head in pain. He quickly notices Chanwoo’s surprised figure, as Chanwoo is walking around aimlessly with eyes wide open. Then, he looks at his surrounding and gets surprised himself.

“We’re in the game!”, Junhoe shouted.

Junhoe’s shout brings Chanwoo back to the present. He points at Junhoe accusingly, “This is all your fault!”.

“Wha- How is it my fault?”

“It just is!”, Chanwoo said concludingly. He then continues, “You need to fix this.”. Junhoe does not know how to answer Chanwoo’s demand, so he decides just to follow him.

Trying to find an exit, Chanwoo starts walking away with Junhoe trailing along. Before long, however, they can hear a certain music, which makes Chanwoo quickly looks up at the sky.

“What… What’s that?”, Junhoe asked.

“Oh, no…!”

“Why? What’s happening?”

“It’s the battle music!”, Chanwoo explained. He looks around while panicking. “An enemy is coming!”, he said.

Being a human with no Pokémon whatsoever, they don’t have any power to counter whatever is coming. Hence, they stick together and look around in fear. However, nothing shows up.

“Nothing happen…”, Junhoe said.

“That’s weird… I’m sure there is supposed to be an enemy.”

“Maybe you’re wrong?”

“That can’t be. Look, the battle music is still going on.”, Chanwoo explained, shifting his gaze at Junhoe. As soon as he looks at Junhoe, it clicks.

“Wait! You are the enemy!”, Chanwoo declared.

“Eh… What?”

“We are supposed to fight!”, Chanwoo said, jumping a few steps back.

“Eh… WHAT!?”, Junhoe yelled, obviously surprised. Who on earth can fight someone as adorable as Chanwoo? “Do we really have to fight?”, he asked.

“Well, there is supposed to be a ‘run’ option…”, Chanwoo hesitated. “Unless it’s a trainer battle.”

They keep looking around, trying to find a way not to fight. But, after a while, Junhoe gives up.

“You know what, let’s just do it. This might be the way to get out.”, Junhoe suggested.

Chanwoo gives Junhoe a weird stare. “Are you sure?”

“Well, we’ve been looking around for a while now, and nothing happens. What else are we supposed to do?”, Junhoe explained.

“That’s true… Alright, don’t take this personally.”, Chanwoo said, cracking his fingers. Truth to be told, he guiltily gets a bit excited from this. “But what move am I supposed to use?”, Chanwoo asked.

Fortunately, he doesn’t need to think for too long. A command board soon appears behind him.

Chanwoo, use Sweet Kiss!

“Ok, here I… Wait, what!?”, Chanwoo yelled in surprise; blush starts appearing on his cheeks. He checks the command board behind him again and again, making sure he reads it correctly.

It definitely says: Chanwoo, use Sweet Kiss!

“No, wait a minute! Can’t we just use something else…?”, Chanwoo protested. But, the command board doesn’t take no for an answer.

CHANWOO, USE SWEET KISS!

“You know, I’m ok with that. Just do what you need to do.”, Junhoe said, trying to sound disappointed although, deep down, he is excited. Whoever is giving the command to Chanwoo, bless him!

Chanwoo turns around and stares at Junhoe; the more he stares, the rosier his blush becomes. “I cannot do that!”, he objected, trying to hide his blush.

“Or else we will be waiting here forever…”, Junhoe said.

“But… but…”, Chanwoo looks around, still trying to fight back. In the end, he realizes he doesn’t have any option; he runs toward Junhoe, gives him a brief peck on the cheek, and quickly runs back to his place again while covering his face as his blush has spread over to his ears.

Even when the kiss was brief, Junhoe can still feel the impact. Before long, he starts feeling dizzy. “Oh wow! I always imagined Chanwoo kissing me, but I never know it will have such an impact.”, he thought.

When he regains his composure, Chanwoo explains, “It’s supposed to make you dizzy.”.

“Ah… That’s why…”, Junhoe said, touching his head in discomfort. He cannot dwell on it too long, however, as it is his turn now. Junhoe turns around to look at his command board.

Junhoe, use Encore!

Seeing Junhoe’s command board, Chanwoo starts shouting, “No, wait!”.

“Eh… What is ‘Encore’?”, Junhoe asked. Suddenly, clapping voices can be heard.

“No!”, Chanwoo protested. He crouches on the ground and hides his face behind his arm. “It’s not fair…”, he muttered.

“Why? What does ‘Encore’ do?”

“That means… I have to repeat my move…”, Chanwoo explained, his eyes getting a bit red from soon-to-be-tears.

“So… you have to kiss me again?”, Junhoe ask. This time, he doesn’t bother to hide his excitement. In fact, he’s currently smiling like an idiot.

Chanwoo nods. “Three more times.”, he said as he looks up. “Why are you smiling!?”

“What? Who’s smiling? I’m totally not happy or anything like that.”, Junhoe said while looking away nervously, although his dumb smile is still there. He then quickly approaches Chanwoo and crouches with him. “It’s your turn, right?”, he said, pointing at his cheeks.

Chanwoo stares at Junhoe’s cheeks. If his face can get any redder, it would have.

“You can make it longer this time, too.”, Junhoe added. His comment doesn’t help, though; if anything, it only makes Chanwoo even more nervous. Chanwoo can only stare at Junhoe for a few good seconds before he finally leans forward and kisses Junhoe for the second time.

Junhoe holds his breath the whole time. When Chanwoo leans back, Junhoe’s smile gets even bigger.

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”, Chanwoo asked.

“How can I not?”

Junhoe command board reacts quickly.

Junhoe, use Body Slam!

He doesn’t have to ask to know what ‘Body Slam’ is. He leaps forward, taking Chanwoo down to the ground with him lying on top.

“So, do you like this game?”, Junhoe asked.

Not answering him, Chanwoo says, “You’ve made your move. Get off!”.

“No. I don’t want to.”

“Get off, Junhoe…”, Chanwoo demanded.

“You didn’t answer me.”

“Why should I?”

“Because I like this game more than I should.”, Junhoe whispered.

The sudden revelation makes Chanwoo eyes widen. He opens his mouth and tries to reply, but his mind is too blank to make any reply.

“C’mon. It’s your turn.”, Junhoe continued, pointing at his cheek again.

Chanwoo can only stare at Junhoe’s face. First his eyes, then his cheeks, then his lips… Damn, is his lips always that plump?

In the end, Chanwoo leans up and quickly pecks Junhoe’s lips. Junhoe is taken aback; he was expecting Chanwoo to give another kiss on his cheek, but he got one on his lips instead. He gets off Chanwoo and sits next to him.

“What’s wrong?”, Chanwoo asked.

“No… It was just…”, Junhoe tried to explain, although miserably failing. Before long, his command board shows up again.

Junhoe, use Confide!

Junhoe looks at his command board. “What’s ‘Confide’?”, he asked.

“You’re supposed to tell me a secret.”, Chanwoo explained, rising to sit next to Junhoe.

“Really?”

“Yes, really.”

“Well…”, Junhoe started, leaning on Chanwoo’s ear. “I love you.”

It’s not supposed to be surprising at this stage; Junhoe pretty much made it obvious. But still, Chanwoo cannot help but blushes all over again.

“You still have one more Sweet Kiss to go.”, Junhoe said. “Let’s make it real sweet.”

Before Junhoe can say another word, Chanwoo leans forward and takes Junhoe by the lips.

Junhoe is surprised by Chanwoo’s sudden courage, but he is not complaining. They close their eyes, falling deeper into the kiss, but, they’re interrupted by a sudden voice.

“Umm… Guys?”, Yunhyeong asked, eyes open in disbelief.

Shocked by the sudden interruption, the new couple breaks their kiss. Chanwoo then looks around… they’re back!

“We’re back!”, Chanwoo happily yelled as he goes ahead and hugs Junhoe tightly.

“Aw… I want to stay there longer…”, Junhoe said with a pout. He then looks at Yunhyeong. “Are you… are you the one that plays the game?”, he asked, pointing at the 3DS in Yunhyeong’s hand.

Yunhyeong looks at the 3DS in his hand then back at Junhoe. “Well, I heard a yelp from inside, and when I enter, I find nothing but this thing.”, he explained. “So, I played with it for a while, and you two suddenly appear!”

“Wait… You were the one that told me to use Sweet Kiss!?”, Chanwoo asked, unsure whether to be mad or thankful.

“Umm… I didn’t know you…”, Yunhyeong tried to defend himself.

“Nah, it’s ok. In fact, I owe you lunch.”, Junhoe helped him.

“Eh, really? Nice, I guess.”

“Now get out and don’t disturb us!”, Junhoe continued, taking the 3DS off Yunhyeong’s hand and shoves him out.

“So…”, Junhoe said after Yunhyeong is out of the room. “Can I get another Sweet Kiss?”

Chanwoo looks at him and smile. “Of course… after I finish playing.”, he said, quickly snatching the 3DS off Junhoe’s hand.

“Hey! You choose your game over me?”

“I’ll choose Pikachu over you any day.”, Chanwoo teased.

“Then, I’ll be the one giving you Sweet Kiss!”, Junhoe said, pushing Chanwoo to the bed and starts kissing him all over.