BTS: Butterfly (Jiminxreader)

BTS: Butterfly (Jiminxreader)
The silence was deafening when those seemingly cold words left Jimin’s mouth. (Y/n) was upset yet furious at the same time. She gripped at the hem of her skirt until her knuckles turned white. “Why? Jimin, Do you really have to go?” her voice cracked. She was feeling uneasy, she knew something was wrong but she can’t quite put a finger on it. The world halted to a standstill, tension in the air, awaiting for his response, any response. “I am the second-in-command of the bulletproof squad. (Y/n), You know, i am sorry.” her husband apologised solemnly. She knew Jimin well enough, he was a man of principle and nothing she does could change his mind for he put his squad, his gang, above everything else and that’s including her. That was what cause her to let him go. For she knows that Jimin, as the muscle and strategist of the gang, not letting him go would cause him to have regrets. So even when she knew that their enemies far outnumbered them, she had to let him go. Afterall, Bulletproof, in other words, Bangtan was just a gang made up of seven young, reckless yet loyal and unwavering men. All she could do was to hope that he would keep his promise, the promise which gave her the assurance she so desperately needed. The air felt heavy, as if it was poisonous gas. She helped Jimin put on his bulletproof vest and walks him to the large brown door leading out of the safety of their house. Though reluctant, she remembered the promise which they have made the other night. “Please, return to me safely.” her voice filled with concern, eyes b with worry. Jimin simply gave her a nod and wrapped his firm arms around her. For once, she didn’t felt safe in his embraced. Letting go of (y/n), Jimin turns his back on her and proceeded out of the house. At that moment, he seemed distant. What she didn’t know was that her stoic husband was looking at her retreating figure dolefully before muttering the words, “(Y/n), please forget me.” She could sense it in her bones, that something ominous was going to happen yet she decided to keep it locked away deep down in her heart, clinging onto their promise. Wishing that if she did kept it locked away, everything would be alright in the end. Her hands hovered over those words which read, “Park Jimin” which was engraved on the cold gravestone, a butterfly landed on her finger which triggered her memory of the promise she made with her most beloved husband. “I promise you, i will be back, just for you. Trust me.” Jimin’s voice solemn. Watching the butterfly flutter away to the sky, tears ran down her cheeks. She should have known from the start he never intended to keep his promise.