#1: Special Day

Lucky Day?

LUCKY DAY

Looking out the bus window with "Fire" by BTS playing on her earphones, Anna was eager to be on her way to meeting up with her old high school friends. It was quite by coincidence that she happened to bumped into Freddie and Hazel in a restaurant last week and they had decided to have a get-together so they could catch up.

"I'm late, I'm late!" Anna kept repeating to herself as she ran toward the club they had planned to meet at. Along with catching up, they were also planning to celebrate Anna's birthday, even if it was only the eve of her birthday.

Anna called up Freddie as soon as she entered the club.

"Hello, Fred, where are you?" she asked while her eyes searched around the place for a familiar face.

"Hey, Anna. We're upstairs, come up!" Freddie shouted over all the noise in the background at the other end.

She climbed the stairs as she searched left and right, but couldnt spot a single face she recognized. She lifted her phone again and dialled Freddies number again. "Where are you? I dont see you. "she said as Fred answered the call.

"We're here, you can't  miss us, we're sitting near the stairs,"Freddie shouted through the phone.

"But ...but ... I'm near the stairs," Anna shouted back as she looked around again.

"Here? At the Blue Moon?" Freddie asked.

"What? I thought you said Red Sun?" Anna replied in a slightly dejected tone.

"That was before we changed the venue, I messaged you. Didn't you see it? No... But I'm on my way,"she gasped before hanging up.

She scrolled through her phone as she made her way toward the exit and there it was, the message she had somehow missed. She heaved a sigh of frustration, wondering why she hadnt read it sooner as she made her way toward the Blue Moon before it got any later.

"Ahh!" she screamed as she fell down roughly to the ground after bumping into someone as she rushed out of the club.

"Yah! Watch where you're going!" shouted the guy who appeared to be drunk as he tried to balance himself. He mumbled something under his breath as he staggered into the club, leaving Anna dazed on the ground.

Straightening her blue dress as she got up, she gathered all the pieces of her shattered phone and tried to reassemble it before turning it on, but it briefly only to flash a low battery warning, then turned back off. She groaned in frustration, shaking her head as she continued on her way again, looking down at her left knee as she felt a stinging pain only to realise it was bleeding. She chose to ignore it and limp her way out of there, making her way toward the sidewalk to hail a taxi, but there was not a single one to be seen.

Flustered, annoyed and in discomfort, she headed toward the nearest convenience store to get a soda, thinking it might cool her down. She was about to pay when she realised that her purse was gone. She fumbled through her handbag again and again, but no luck. It was nowhere to be found.

Anna ruffled her hair as tension flooded her.

"This is not happening! "Anna yelled so loud it frightened the cashier, making him stare at her like she was an alien.

She apologised to the startled cashier, bowing slightly before leaving without the soda. She traced her steps back to the club, searching the ground carefully and praying that somehow there would be a miracle.

She walked to and fro along the same path still hoping, yet knowing it was unlikely she would find the missing purse. She eventually gave up and sat down outside the store, letting out a little sob as she sat there pitying herself and feeling unsure of what to do next.

********

Min Yoongi sat in the car while waiting on his manager who had gone into the store to buy some stuff. He had been watching the girl ever since she walked out of the club, glancing at her downcast face and slumped shoulders as she sat on the curb outside the store made him feel something hed never felt before.

"Wait, Hyung. Stop!" he called to his manager after he had come back to the car and was about to drive away, his action surprising even him. His manager stepped on the brakes before turning to look at him.

"What? Is there something wrong? "

"Can you help me please, Hyung?" he asked as he turned to look back at his manager.

*****

Anna felt a little calmer, but still sat trying to figure out what she would do. She had no money and no phone, so no idea how she would get back home.

"Excuse me, Miss. Are you okay?"

Anna looked up at the sound of the man's voice.

"Do you need any help?" Anna shook her head at the middle aged man shed seen coming out of the store a minute ago.

"No... no but thanks," she said.

"Really, are you sure youre okay, Miss?" The man's voice held a note of concern as he spoke.

"Did you maybe lose something?"

"How... how...did you know?" Anna stammered.

"I saw what happened. Maybe you should go file a report at the police station," the man said. "I can take you there, dont worry. I don't mind helping."

Anna was still doubtful; she smiled weakly up at the man as she shook her head.

"Thank you. I am fine. "

He was a stranger, so she could not just trustingly get into his car.

"Actually, Miss, someone asked me to help you. He's in the car and if you meet him and still don't need our help, then it's fine. We will leave. Okay?" The man pointed over at a dark car with tinted windows as he spoke.

She looked over at the car while the man continued to watch her, apparently waiting on an answer from her. Anna looked back at the man, then at the car again, a little suspicious about why this stranger would be so eager to help her, then reluctantly stood up and walked over to the car with the man following her. As she got close to the car, the back door opened and Annas jaw dropped and she froze where she stood as soon as she saw the person inside.

********

"Get in quick," Yoongi said as he looked at the girl who now stood frozen a few steps away from the car.

"Oh. Oh! Uhh yeah, "she said, still looking and sounding dazed as she got into the car.

The ride to the police station was in silence, both of them looking out the window. Once they pulled up outside the station the girl still sat there, seeming like she was still in shock.

Yoongi looked over at the girl. "We're here you can go on in."

"Uhh thanks Suga." She still looked awkward, but at least she was talking. "I never thought I would ever meet you. Thank you so much."

Yoongi smiled and nodded his head. "No problem, Miss." He watched as she got out of the car and stood for a while before walking into the police station.

********

After Anna got out of the car, she stood for a few moments, afraid that this might all be a dream, but also knowing she had to file the report since there were a lot of personal things in her missing purse. She sighed deeply before walking into the police station.

"Now what..."Anna sighed again as she came out of the building after filing the report.

"How am I going to get home?" She stood there hugging herself, trying to think of a solution. She pulled her jacket tighter around herself; it looked like she might have to start walking if she wanted to get home. She had just turned to head down the street when someone tapped her shoulder; it was the same man, the one who was with Suga.

"Were... were... you waiting for me?"  Anna asked when she saw him, feeling slightly guilty since she had been inside the police station a while.

"Not really, we just came back." He gestured at the car again. "He wanted me to check if you were okay now."

Anna nodded politely at the man before walking to the car, this time bracing her courage to talk to him before she would regret wasting the opportunity.

But before she could open Yoongi asked, "So where do you need to go? We can drop you."

She thought for a while, she was no longer in the mood to go to the club after her disastrous night. She would go home and call her friends from there to let them know she was not coming, so she gave him her home address before getting into the car.

"Are you okay?".  Yoongi asked after a few moments of silence.

"Mmm...I'm okay." She nodded.

"What happened?" he asked.

Anna went on to tell him about her plans to meet up with her friends to celebrate her birthday and how she had ended up at the wrong club. She then told him about the drunk who had bumped into her, her phone battery that had died after the phone got shattered during her fall and her purse that was now gone either lost or stolen, she could not be sure.

"I'm sorry all this happened on your birthday," Yoongi said.

"Well, actually my birthday is tomorrow, but my friends will be busy, so we were celebrating tonight." She sighed dejectedly. "I dont think I'm in the mood to celebrate anymore."

"Why?" he asked. "Nobody is around," Anna said, her voice getting softer.

"Your family? Friends?"he asked.

"I stay alone. I came to Seoul to study; I haven't made a lot of friends here yet. The friends I was meeting tonight are from back home, but.." She shrugged. "The night is ruined now."

He was quiet for a moment before asking, "Do you have any classes tomorrow?"

"No. Luckily not."

Yoongi nodded. "Okay."

They chatted a little after that as Anna shyly asked about him and his band mates until they pulled up outside her home.

"Uhh... thanks again for your help, Suga." She gave a nervous laugh as she looked out the window, then back at him again.

"I never expected to ever meet you. I...uhh...I'm a really big fan of yours."

He smiled. "Thanks for supporting us."

She clutched her bag and reached for the door handle, knowing she needed to get out and let the man continue with his night, but somehow found herself just sitting there staring at him.

"Yes?" he asked with a questioning look.

"Uhh...can I hug you?" she felt herself blushing as the words left , not sure where she was getting her courage from.

Yoongi leaned over and hugged her without hesitation.

"Happy birthday and take care. Okay?"

"Thank you." She let out a small smile before stepping out of the car and bowing down to him before turning to walk inside as she felt her cheeks heat up again.

Anna slumped down into her bed after a quick shower and calling her friends to explain, feeling that the night had not been all that bad, even if almost everything went wrong, she still felt satisfied.

"It was my lucky day, after all," she whispered as she hugged her pillow.

*********

The sound of the doorbell awakened her. She yawned and stretched as she got out of bed mumbling, "Who could it be so early?"

She looked at the clock and was surprised to realise it was already 10am.

The doorbell rang a few more times as she made her way toward the front door with heavy steps. All she could see when she looked into the intercom screen was someone in a cap and cartoon mask.

"Who is it?" she asked into the intercom.

"The guy who gave you a ride last night," the person replied. Anna's sleep fuzzy brain thought for a moment before she remembered the night before.

It was Suga? It could not be. Could it? She grabbed her coat off the coat rack and put it on over her pyjamas before she opened the door to let him inside.

Anna smiled awkwardly, trying to flatten her hair and hoping she did not look too awful as she watched him walk over to the dining table and set the white box he was carrying down.

Anna eyed Yoongi quietly as he removed the mask, not knowing what to say. He walked around the small apartment, lifting a photo frame of her and her friends from a shelf and holding it up, then glanced back at her as she stood still as a statue. *******

Yoongi smirked at her expression; she seemed so awkward and dumbstruck, almost laughing at the woolly winters coat she was wearing. If he had to be honest, he was not sure why he was there doing all these cute things, he who never even wanted to move on his free day. And there he was giving fan service to a birthday girl hed only met the night before. He must have gone insane.

He coughed a little to break the uncomfortable silence. "Miss I still don't know your name, you seem a bit...uhh... is it okay that I'm here? "he asked, feeling concerned as he looked at her astonished expression.

"Mmm... I'm just surprised. You of all people show up here at my apartment". She looked around the small dining room, wondering what this superstar thought of her humble home.

I...uhh....I'm just surprised."

"Me too," he murmured with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "But I feel you need to feel happy on your birthday."

He walked back over to the table, opened the box to lift a cake out and stuck a candle into it.

"Do you have a lighter? Uhh...Miss, you still haven't told me your name?"

"Oh, my name is Anna," she said, eyes wide with wonder, before realising he was staring at her because she had not answered his first question.

"Oh! The lighter. I have one somewhere"

She rushed inside and within a few seconds came back and held out a lighter.

"I'm not going to stay long, so get over here quick, " he said as he gestured for her to come closer while he lit the single candle.

***********

He started singing while clapping his hands as she stood awkwardly listening to him sing the simple birthday song that sounded like the most beautiful song to her in that moment.

She could not help but be happy, smiling widely at him the entire time.

'Make a wish!"  he ordered.

Anna shut her eyes for a moment, while clasping her hands together.

"I wish" she said, then kept the rest of the wish to herself. She blew out the candle, still wearing the same silly smile.

"Did you make a wish?" he asked.

She nodded excitedly, hoping her wish to see him again would come true.

"Thanks Suga. This is the best birthday ever."

But you can't tell anyone, or else we will both be in trouble, "he warned, his expression turning serious.

"I won't. I promise," Anna said sincerely. He then handed her the paper bag he had been holding since he walked in.

"Here, your birthday present. Happy birthday, Anna! "

Anna held the bag close and smiled.

"Thanks, you really didn't need to. "

Yoongi nodded and gave her a small smile.

"I really have to go now, hope you will enjoy today."

And with that he walked toward the door and let himself out.

Anna was still in a daze and ended up staring at the door for a while hoping he would somehow turn back, until she snapped out of it and slapped her head.

'Wake up!" she told herself. "It's all a dream."

She clutched the bag to her chest and turned to look back at the table to where the cake with the single candle stood.

"This is real. This really happened. I can't believe this," she whispered.

She walked over to her armchair and sat down before realising she was still holding the bag Yoongi had given her, her face brightening as she peeked inside.

"Yesss!" she screamed as she lifted her gifts out.

There were two albums: BTS Blood Sweat and Tears and Suga's mix tape, AgustD. And an envelope. She squealed as she opened the envelope, there were two BTS concert tickets for their concert to be held in the next two weeks the one she badly wanted to go to but couldn't afford to buy tickets for.

"Yes! Thanks Suga!" she shouted. This is my best birthday ever.