Preface

Dreams Are Real

Nauen felt the wind rush through her hair. The world was spinning, the ground tumbling to the forefront of the universe. She was just floating in the sharp planes. The world was something to be feared, Nauen realized when she saw what it had become. The ones she loved weren’t there anymore. They were somewhere much nicer than she was. Nauen was stuck going toe to toe with her demons, the ones that lurked in the shadows and behind the wandering eyes of others.

Maybe she had been too concerned. She had left her body to the wicked and now she had nothing to show for it. Nothing except the scars and pain that she felt every time she moved. She didn’t have the nerve to stop them. But did it matter? They were gone. As gone as her family and friends. To a place they didn’t really deserve. But that was something to be dealt with on another occasion. What was to be handled was how she was going to come down and face the destruction.

Nauen wasn’t perfect. She never claimed to be. Not when she first came to know her gift and not now, when everything was said and down. What she needed was some leverage. She needed peace. The needs were seizing her body, wrapping her into a pretzel that was tainted to those who tried to feast upon it. Nothing made sense anymore. Not when her soul was stretched and searching for an unanswerable call. And maybe that was the way it was supposed to be. She needed to find something. She needed someone. Someone to fix the mess she had created and restore everything to the way it was.

Nauen deflated. There was someone. Someone who was once willing to help Nauen in all her endevours. Someone who believed that they’d both succeed. Yet, when this madness of hues and swirls began, Nauen had casted her aside as if she was nothing more than a speck. An unwanted speck that was something of a nuisance and not a sister. Maybe that was another of Nauen’s mistakes. If she could, she would reverse the hands of time and treat her sister better instead of casting her aside like a mutt on a leash. Well, she couldn’t and wishing was pointless. All she could do now was set off and retrieve the wayward teen.

She needed to get Jennie.