The Date

Rekindling

I pulled into the parking lot of the school.

I barely made it to the sidewalk before I saw DongYul running up to me.

My smile was genuinely wide.

I was happy to see my son smiling.

"Hi Yullie" I said, hugging him.

"How was your first day of school?" I asked.

 "It was great mommy! I can't wait to go back tomorrow" He jumped up and down.

"That's wonderful sweetie.. but where's your backpack?" I asked, seeing him empty handed.

"Aish, I forgot" He dramatically placed his hand on his forehead.

I laughed at how cute he was.

"I'll go get it" He said, running off.

I followed after him to make sure that he doesn't get distracted.

Once I made it inside the classroom, I saw Jimin waving goodbye to his other students. He looked over at me and smiled.

I smiled back and slightly waved.

He put down whatever he had in his hands and walked over to me.

"Hello" He smile again.

"Hi. How was DongYul? Was he good? Does he interact well with the other children?" I asked him all these questions that were roaming through my head all day at work.

"DongYul was the perfect student. He's an angel.. just like his mother" He whispered the last part.

"Oh!" Jimin perks up.

He runs off somewhere towards his desk and picks up something.

I look over at DongYul who was playing with the other children who were lingering around, still waiting for their parents to pick them up.

Jimin came back and handed me a clipboard and a pen.

"Your number. So that I came text you the location and time" He smiled.

I laughed and grabbed the board and pen, writing down my number.

"Thanks, and see you tonight!" He winked.

I felt my face get hot.

How could he still do this to me years later.

"D-DongYul, let's go honey" I called my son over.

He looked up at me.

I waved him over.

He grabbed his backpack, threw it over his shoulder and ran in between us.

"Yes mommy" He looked up at me.

"Say goodbye to Ji-Mr.Park" I slipped on my words.

I could hear Jimin chuckle a bit.

"Bye Mr. Park! I'll see you tomorrow okay" DongYul waved, running towards the door.

"See you tonight Jimin" I waved to him.

"Looking forward to it, Y/N" He said.

DongYul and I walked out the classroom.

I grabbed his hand as we walked towards the parking lot.

**

I stepped out the shower and changed into my clothes when I heard the door.

"Coming" I yelled, running down the stairs.

I opened the door, seeing my good friend/coworker Hoseok.

"Thank you for watching him so last minute" I said, letting him inside.

"No problem, just as long as you help me finish my project tomorrow like you promised" He laughed.

"Woah, this must be a special date. Look at that dress" He said, taking a look at what I was wearing.

"You never told me who this date was" He finished.

"It's my ex boyfriend, turns out he's Yullies teacher" I told him.

"Oh" He mouthed.

"Yeah, I need to finish getting ready" I said, closing the door and running back up the stairs.

"DONGGIE!" I hear Hoseok yell to DongYul.

I saw my phone lighting up and I had a new text message.

From: Jimin

Meet me at Nobu in downtown at 8

I looked at the time.

7:16pm.

I have plenty of time. Great cause traffic is terrible.

I put on my heels and grabbed my bag, checking my makeup.

~

I arrived at Nobu with 10 minutes to spare.

After parking my car, I walked to the front desk.

"Hello, I believe there's a reservation here for two under the name Park" I told the lady.

"Oh yes, follow me" She sounded more than excited, walking off and I followed her.

We continued walking towards the center of the restaurant, where a figure was sitting at a table.

The closer we got, the more I realized it was Jimin.

We stopped at the table, and Jimin looked up smiling at me as he stood out his seat.

"Enjoy your dinner" The woman walked away.

"You look beautiful" Jimin whispered in my ear and I had to bite my lip in order to hide my huge grin that was bursting out.

"Thank you" I replied as he pull out my chair for me.

He sat down and we stared at each other which felt like hours but was only 10 seconds.

"How was DongYul?" I asked him.

"You've already asked me that Y/N" Jimin smiled.

"Oh, did I?" I nervously laughed.

"You're nervous aren't you? He laughed.

"What? No. Why would I be nervous?" I asked.

"Because you're seeing your first love again for the first time in years" He smirked.

"Oh first love? You're so sure of yourself Jimin" I smiled. "You're still the same".

"And you're still beautiful"

He reached out and grabbed my fiddling hands.

"I'm going to get right to it" He began.

"I know you may not like to relive the past, but I am so sorry for what I did. I've missed you like crazy Y/N"

He rubbed his fingers along my hand.

"I thought I'd never see you again after you left me that day, so seeing you again it's like fate and I know I have to say this or else I'll regret it" 

"Okay, what is it?" I said softly, then drank some wine that I already had in my glass when I arrived.

"I want to give us another chance" 

I choked on my drink.

My eyes grew wide.

Jimin grew concerned, as he reached over and rubbed my back.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine, I'm just taken by shock" 

Jimin leaned back in his chair.

"You want to start dating again?" I asked him.

"I would ask you to marry me, but it wouldn't really be appropriate since we just rekindled our relationship. But hopefully we'll get to that point" He grinned widely.

"You never changed. Did you Jimin?" I laughed.

"What can I say, I'm still crazy about you. After all these years" He smiled.

"Well my response to your confession is" 

I sighed a bit.

"I'd love to start over with you, plus I think DongYul loves you. He wouldn't stop talking about you the whole ride home" I smiled.

"Are you sure you're not the one who loves me?" He smirked.

"His mother loves you also" I smirked back at him.

Jimin smiled really sweetly and grabbed my hand, leaning forward to kiss me.

"I'm really happy that you're back in my life Y/N"

"Me too Jimin" 

And then we finally closed the distance between us.