Final

Photograph

I unknowingly smiled while looking at her angel face that is on the screen of my laptop. I caress her red cheeks like she’s really in front of me.

 

I continued to click and look at the other pictures. I don’t have anything else to say, she’s just really beautiful. She’s like an angel sent above from heaven. She’s beautiful inside and out. Perfect, that’s the word that will describe her.

 

It is not hard to fall in love with her ….. But it is hard to reach her. 

 

Myoui Mina came from a rich family. She doesn’t need to work to provide her needs in life. It is okay if her grades drop because her family can pay her tuition. Her clothes and shoes are all branded.

 

While me? Every night I need to go to the fast food chain, not to eat but to work as a service crew. I need to maintain my grades for my scholarship. My clothes and shoes are just given by my cousin for me to look presentable. My one whole month of pay is just her one week allowance.

 

Mina is everything while I’m nothing.

 

I then continued to edit videos and pictures of her. Most of it is taken secretly. She didn’t know I’m taking pictures of her when we’re together.

--

 

I woke up at my study table. I didn’t know that I fell asleep while editing. I then took a bath and save the video that I made on my usb. I put it inside my bag together with my DSLR that was also given by my cousin.

 

I and my cousin Jeongyeon are taking the same course, Photography and Arts. That’s why when I need something for my class, she’s always there to lend or buy me things.

 

I have so much to thanks to her and to her family. They are the ones who are always there for me. They are the one who’s paying my dorm and they are also giving me some allowance.

 

The moment I entered our campus, I immediately saw Mina. And then there goes the wild beating my heart again. This is not okay. This is not good. I shouldn’t be feeling this way.

 

“Chaeyoung!” Mina shouted and wave at me. But I ignored her and took the other way. I saw her pout and it made my heart beats faster and wild.

 

--

 

My class ended and I quickly run towards the coffee shop near our campus to meet my cousin Jeongyeon. I look around and saw her seating near the window.

 

“Hey Chaeyoung.” She greeted me with her smile.

 

I smiled back. “Hey.”

 

“So do you have any suggestion?” She asked me while giving me a cup of coffee.

 

I took a sip. The bitter sweet taste invaded my mouth. “Here…”

 

“What’s this?” she asked looking confuse at thing I gave her.

 

“It will be a big help. Trust me. ”

 

Jeongyeon nodded. “Okay, so you know what already to do tomorrow right?”

 

“Yeah I know.” I smile again.

 

She smiled back and gives me a bro fist. “Thanks Chaeyoung.”

 

“It’s nothing Jeongyeon compared to what you and your family are giving me. This is just a small thing.”

 

“Hey you don’t need to pay those things. We’re family right?” Jeongyeon said to me. “Your class is over? Come on I’ll give you a ride to your work.”

 

I nodded and followed her.

--

 

I woke up feeling heavy and gloomy, not because of my work and school. But, because this is already the day. My heart feels so heavy but I tried to stand up.

 

“I need to do this.” I said to myself.

 

I drove the car and go to our campus. “Chaeyoung.” I heard a familiar voice called me.

 

I turned around and saw Mina. I was surprised when she ran towards me and gives me a tight hug. She buried her head on my shoulder.

 

“I-I thought that y-you’re going to a-avoid me f-forever.” Mina said and I felt my shoulder getting wet.

 

I hug her back, tightly. This might be also the last time I can do this. I closed my eyes and her scent invaded my nose. I tried my best to control the tears that are threatening to fall.

 

We loosened the hug and look deeply into each other’s eyes. I know she’s getting what I wanted to say ---- that I love her.

 

“Come one, I’ll take you somewhere else.”

 

--

 

We arrived at the place. It looks so magical with decorations, flowers and lights all around it. This place suits for a princess like Mina. I took her hand and pull her inside.

 

There’s a big screen inside it. She’s looking at me with confuse look but I just smiled at her. The video that I made started flashing on the screen. I saw her reaction; Mina is so close to bursting into tears.

 

“Chaeyoung….” She whispered but it is loud enough for me to hear. The last clip flash, it’s one of the most memorable video that I took. We’re on a mountain that time. I clearly remembered what happened.

 

She shouted my name with a loving smile on her face on the top of the mountain. Then followed by a word, “I love you.” I’m the happiest person that time. Knowing that the person I love loves me back.

 

But I avoided her after that. As much as I want to say that I love her too. I just can’t and we can’t.

 

We can’t be together.

 

Mina looks at me but Jeongyeon suddenly appeared holding a beautiful bouquet of red roses. 

 

“Jeongyeon?” she asked and she looks back at me. Mina looks so confused at what’s happening.

 

“Take care of her.” I said and tap Jeongyeon’s shoulder. She smiled and thanked me.

 

I know that even though I won’t say that, Jeongyeon is going to take care of Mina. She loves Mina so much and she’s a good person. They fit so well together.

 

I’m hurting but this is better.

 

I look back at Mina once more. Her brown orbs, her pointed nose, her red cheeks and red luscious lips. She’s really beautiful. I smiled and walked away.

 

I hurt the person I love the most. I can see that in her eyes. Is what I did wrong? Maybe she’s thinking that I gave her to Jeongyeon just like that.

 

Am I a coward because I can’t fight for her? But it’s better if she will end up with Jeongyeon. My cousin can give her so much. Not just love but also the things she need.

 

I clenched my chest that are aching so much and entered the car Jeongyeon had lent me. I saw my DSLR at the corner.

 

I smiled looking at her pictures.

 

Rain poured down together with my tears that I’m trying to fight earlier.

 

“I love you too.”