fin.

bullying is a no no

hoseok is a new kid at a new school.
he doesn't have any friends, but he doesn't let that deter him.
he sits alone, but he doesn't care.
but, he does care, once other students started to pick on him.

"wow, look at that loser."
"does he not have any friends?"
"he's so weird."

hoseok pretends he doesn't hear, and keeps walking.

at the playground, hoseok was on a bench by himself, quietly trying to finish his math homework he didn't do the other night.

"hey idiot." a kid says. hoseok ignores. "can't you hear me?" hoseok ignores again. "so, he must be deaf, no wonder why he's dumb." hoseok sniffles, the words getting to him. but his head is down, staring at his homework, so it goes unnoticed.

"hey!" a kid shouts from the other side of hoseok. hoseok looks over. he's small for his age, carrying a basketball at his side, his black hair tousled.  "stop bullying him!" the short kid stumbles to hoseok's side.

"why do you care?" the bully obnoxiously says, dragging out the last syllable. his two other friends hum in agreement.

"because, bullying isn't nice!"

"psh."

"and, if you don't have anything nice to say then get out." the kid firmly says, hoseok just gaping at him.

the bullies go away snickering to each other. the short kid, though, sits next to hoseok.

"hi, i'm yoongi!" he says with a gummy smile. hoseok smiles back.

"hi yoongi, i'm hoseok."

"let's be friends." yoongi says, with his hand out to shake hoseok's.

"sure."