AIMH

Always in My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung was deep in her sleep when an ‘intruder’ come inside her room. The intruder slowly make her way toward Chaeyoung’s bed and lay herself beside the sleeping girl. Surely it's not her first time invading the room owner's personal space judging from how comfortable she lays herself on the bed as if it's hers.

After an hour, Chaeyoung finally wake up but when she tried to move her body, she can feel something is restricting her movement. She tilted her head to her left just out of curiosity and found a ‘sleeping beauty’ who peacefully fell asleep beside her with her hands wrapped around Chaeyoung's arm, making it as her bolster.

“God, why you’re still this pretty even in your sleep?” Chaeyoung chuckled. She then carefully tuck in few strands of the sleeping beauty’s hair that fell on her flawless face.

“Wait.” Chaeyoung halted her hand's movement in the mid air as the realization hits her. “Why Mina unnie is in my room? Am i dreaming or what?” Chaeyoung mumbled out loud as she tried to slap her cheeks few times to make sure that she's not dreaming. Well, it kinda hurts when she slapped herself so it must be real, she thought.

“Yaahh, stop it. Don’t hurt yourself.” Mina said with her raspy voice as she opened her eyes. She grabs Chaeyoung’s hands with both of her hand and hold them down as she snuggled closer toward the shorter girl, burrying her nose in the crook of Chaeyoung’s neck, inhaling her familiar sweet scent. This gesture makes Chaeyoung to involuntarily shuddered but since it's Mina, she doesn't mind a bit.

“Unnie? You’re real?” Chaeyoung stupidly asked, causing Mina to laugh at Chaeyoung’s cuteness.

“I’m real, baby. You can feel me, don’t you?” Mina said as she’s tighten her hold on Chaeyoung’s body, hugging her close.

“Yeah but why you’re here?”

“I chat you in Kakao but it left unread. I called you but your phone is dead. I tried to call your brother to ask about your whereabouts but he said he was outside with his friends so he didn’t know whether you’re at home or not. Then i tried to call to your home phone and your maid answered it, saying you were in your room, probably sleeping. And she's also the one who opened the door for me when i came.”

“Whoaa, stalker much eh?” Chaeyoung giggled.

“Yaahh~ I was worried, okay?” Mina pouted.

“Fine, i’m sorry. Thank you for coming to check on me even though you herself ended up falling asleep beside me.” Chaeyoung teased the older girl even more.

“It’s because you were sleeping soundly. I didn’t have a heart to disturb you.”

“Aww, thank you, unnie.”

“Anyway, what happened? Are you feeling unwell?” Mina's face turned into more serious as she look at the younger girl in worry. She even put her palm on Chaeyoung's forehead to check on her body's temperature.

“Huh? Who said i’m feeling unwell? No, i’m fine.”

“Then it must be because you stayed up late last night. I hope it’s not because some kind of drama that kept you awake.”

“H—how did you know?”

“Baby, i know you too well. You shouldn’t be this surprised anymore.” Mina chuckled and pokes Chayeoung's cheek where her dimples usually will appear whenever she smiles or laugh.

“Seriously though, unnie. Are you secretly putting a secret camera in my room so you can monitoring me 24/7?”  Chaeyoung gasped as she frantically look around her room, trying to spot a suspicious object that might be Mina’s camera.

“Pabo..” Mina lightly slapped Chaeyoung’s arm. “Even though i'm kind of obsessed with you, i won’t go that far. I told you, i know you too well. You won’t be napping in the afternoon if it’s not because either you are sick or you got lack of sleep on the previous night.”

“Heol~ Daebak..” Mina explanation makes Chaeyoung becomes speechless. This girl indeed knows her so well.

“I know right.” Mina proudly said as she showed her cute gummy smile, one out of thousand reasons as to why Son Chaeyoung likes Myoui Mina, like a lot.

 

Myoui Mina is Chaeyoung’s classmate for almost two years now. You must be wondering why Chaeyoung called her ‘unnie’ when the two of them are classmates. It’s because everyone in Chaeyoung’s class also called Mina with ‘unnie’ or 'noona' because the Japanese girl is older than all of them. Mina was transferred from Japan two years ago but she can’t just join the 11th grader because at that time they were already started the school for more than 3 months. It’s some kind of school regulation that make Mina finally have to join her ‘junior’ instead in her new school. She joined the 10th grader, and that’s when she met Chaeyoung.

At first, all of the 10th graders were kind of afraid of Mina since this new girl despite her undeniable beauty, she has this cold aura that kind of intimidating them. And the they have also add another reason for them to not befriending the japanese girl, at first. Little did they know, the reason why Mina seemed ‘cold’ is because that’s just how her personality is. She’s kind of shy, reserved and quiet girl, especially with new people. Not to mention the language barrier they have. At that time, Mina’s Korean is still very bad. But among those kids, Son Chaeyoung is the first one who tried to approach Mina with a warm smile.

“Hi, my name is Chaeyoung. Son Chaeyoung.” Chaeyoung said as she pointed at herself.

“Uhh—I..name..Mina. Myoui Mina.” Mina hardly said with her broken Korean. But instead of laughing at her or make fun of her mistake, Chaeyoung stretched out her right hand, asking for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you, Mina unnie.” The petite girl said.

“N-ne, me too.” Mina timidly replied, but with a small smile this time.

That’s the beginning of their friendship. Soon Mina and Chaeyoung become so inseparable just like human and her shadow. At first Mina kept telling herself the reason why she kept clinging onto Chaeyoung and seems can’t go a day without pestering the latter is because she needs Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung always there to help her, patiently teaching her things that she didn’t know before until she finally get it. She naturally became too dependable on Chaeyoung. That's become inevitable, she thought.

But how can she explain about the tingling sensation that arousing her body when her skin make a contact with Chaeyoung’s? How about those butterflies that flying madly inside her stomach when she hugged Chaeyoung? Yeah, Mina is someone who likes skinship but with Chaeyoung, skinship is like a must. She always craving for Chaeyoung’s warmth, Chaeyoung’s scent, to make it simple, for everything of Chaeyoung. Is she starts to become obsessed with her friend? Because whatever is this, surely not merely an adoration anymore.

Then how can she explain the longing she feels when Chaeyoung is not there around her even just for a day, like when the latter is sick and can’t come to the class? She still remember how gloomy she became at that day. Hours felt like years, so dreadfully long without Chaeyoung who supposed to sit beside her in the class, talking to her, joking and teasing her, go to canteen to have lunch break with her. Even her classmates realized that 'oddness' by kept asking Mina if she's alright because she looked extremely tired and unwell. Mina herself can’t answer that because at that time she didn’t know yet that missing someone too much can affect her health and sanity. She also remember how she run exited the class just so she can get home quickly, so she can grab her smartphone and dial Chaeyoung’s number, without even bothering to change her uniforms or whatsoever. She needs it.. She needs to hear Chaeyoung’s voice again. She did worry for the latter, but she worried for herself more. She worried that she will lost her sanity if she have to wait for few more hours to hear Chaeyoung’s voice. She's crazy right? Chaeyoung makes her crazy.

How can she explain about the pain, the aching in her heart when she saw Chaeyoung smiled and laughed with Dahyun as she slightly leaned her body on Dahyun’s for support, and totally oblivious with Mina’s presence? Dahyun is one of Chaeyoung’s friends who is in the same Art club with her, so no wonder they are close. Nothing is out of the ordinary with that but Mina can’t help herself from feeling angry and mad at Chaeyoung, the innocent Chaeyoung, because Chaeyoung herself didn’t know what she did wrong to Mina to caused the older girl for refusing to talk with her out of sudden. Is that can be called as jealousy? Maybe Mina just afraid to lose Chaeyoung, her best friend. Maybe she’s afraid Chaeyoung will find a new best friend that can replace her and finally leave her. But why this fear can make her crying bucket of tears when she’s alone in her room before she goes to sleep? Are all of these normal? Mina herself knows the answer.. It’s a firm ‘no’. Surely a firm no because Mina shouldn't feel all of these in the first place. Not when both of her and Chaeyoung are girls. Not when Mina already has someone, a perfect boyfriend who waits for her to come back to Japan back in her hometown in Kobe. A boyfriend that she has dated for years. How can Chaeyoung without even knowing, took all of those feelings that Mina used to feel toward her boyfriend, but stronger this time, and 'diverted' them to her who is Mina's best friend, who is also a girl, just like Mina. This is so wrong, Mina knows that. None of this is right, but why it feels so right?

 

“So, why you’re here, unnie? Something happened?” Chaeyoung asked as she turned her body sideways to face Mina. Soon Mina too do the same so they can look at each other face to face.

“Can’t i just visit you with no reason?”

“Well, you can, but i thought you need something or what because you even drive from your home to mine just to check on me.”

“I really don't have any specific reason for that. I was worried. Next time please don’t turn off your phone even when you sleep. It’ll make me worry if i can’t reach you like at all.” Mina frowned, causing Chaeyoung to somewhat feel guilty for making her unnie feels worry for her so she immediately agreed to Mina's request. Well, normally she barely can say no to the latter too, so yeah..

“Fine, i’m sorry for making you worry.” Chaeyoung sincerely apologized.

“Forgiven. You're always forgiven, Chaeyoungie." Mina grinned as she patted Chaeyoung's cheek lovingly. The adoration in Mina's eyes for Chaeyoung is obvious, but sometimes Chaeyoung is just too dense to questioning that or even realizing that. "Anyway, do you have any schedule for tomorrow? If you don’t have any, should we watch a movie in cinema? There's a new released movie that i want to watch.”

“Mianhaeyo, unnie. Tomorrow i’ll have a meeting with Art Club member until evening.”

“Dahyun will be there?”

“Dahyun? Yeah, she will. Waeyo, unnie?”

“Nothing. Just asking.” Mina coldly replied and turned her back on Chaeyoung. trying to hide her hurtful expression.

Great, just great. Now Chaeyoung is not hesitate anymore to chose Dahyun over me. Mina inwardly thought.

“Hey unnie~ Waeyo? I know it’s not nothing. Lately you kept having a mood swing and it starts to killing me.”

“Why it’s killing you?” Mina asked still with her back facing Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung sighed as she too turned her back against Mina. Now the two of them are facing the opposite direction with their backs facing each other. Whoever see this surely will think this is some kind of lovers' quarrel.

“Because lately you keep getting mad at me for no reason. You’ll give me cold shoulder for a whole day, avoiding me, refusing to talk to me. And it’s killing me. It’s killing me when you kept ignoring me and treat me coldly. And the worst part is i don’t even have a clue about what i did wrong to you to make you mad at me like that. If only i know what is the reason, i can at least try to fix my wrongdoing. I can try avoiding to make the same mistake so you won’t get mad at me again but i really don’t know, unnie. I really want to apologize to you but t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter