the great escape: a prologue

Mon Soleil

 

 

 

the great escape

 

“This better be worth it,” is her mantra while braving the chilly November night. Clad in black jeans and hair tucked in a snapback and a hoodie, Byulyi could only wish that everyone she comes across with during this arduous journey - she never even wanted - wouldn’t think of her as a some goon with bad intentions. Her only intention is to get to wherever her best friend is because apparently, she has something amazing to show her.

“It better be amazing. I’m not holding off Imaginary Cat for something irrelevant.” she mumbles frustratingly with both hands in her pockets. “And tonight’s the episode where my Solar will kiss that dude and I have yet to release my anger and jealousy on that lucky fool.” She continues, not really paying attention anymore to where she is heading to which, unbeknownst to her, is a mistake. A mistake that sends her flying to the ground, and she finds herself being pressed down by someone who reeks of alcohol. The smell is so pungent that she pushes off the stranger and then picks herself up, dusting off whatever dirt is clinging on to her clothes.

Her gaze soon lands on the bundled up drunkard, who she finds out is actually a girl, mumbling words that she would only understand if her ear is only a centimetre away from the person’s mouth, but that’s not ever going to happen. “Hey,” she forcibly snaps the girl out of her stupor by lightly poking her arm with a foot. “Lady, get up. It’s not summer and you’re drunk so that’s a pretty bad combo.” Realising that she would not get the response she is hoping for, she takes the liberty to haul the girl up without much difficulty. Thankfully, the girl doesn’t protest, probably too intoxicated to do so anyway. “Wow, you’re way too light.”

Unwrapping an arm that was around the stranger’s waist, she brushes some strands of hair away from her face to take a good look at the person giving her trouble. The lack of street lamps is causing her to barely see anything under the dim lights. She leans closer, and a little more until she could make out a pair of eyes squinting at her. Before she could even take a much closer look, she feels a stinging pain on her right check.

Everything else after that is a blur. She feels a cold pair of hands on her cheeks and without rhyme or reason, soft lips are pressed against hers. She didn’t even have chance to decide whether or not she liked it because it was over as soon as it started. The night is turning out to be really crappy for her and what is one decent kiss, right? She at least deserves it.

Why she is thinking about such thoughts no matter how inappropriate they are, she doesn’t know. What she knows is that there are quite a few people surrounding her and the mystery girl. Camera-wielding people who are assaulting her eyes with the flashes and her ears with the annoying sound of the shutter.

“.” Byulyi hears the girl beside her mutter. And somehow, she takes that as a cue to run, grabbing the mystery girl’s hand and grips on to it rather tightly as they make the great escape. At one point, she wants to halt running and ask if it’s okay for them to be holding hands, but she remembers the kiss and then she’s like  it because clearly, this mystery girl doesn’t mind any type of skinship when drunk.

She is going to find out the girl’s identity no matter what it takes once they reach her house. Screw Hyejin and her surprise.

 

 

 

x

 

how was it? it was quite short. i was supposed to post this as chapter one but it felt like it's more of a prologue which is why it's short. the first chapter will be much longer than this one. also, it's been a while since i last wrote anything i deem as decent so i hope i did fine here haha