Chosen One

The Insanity That Is My Mind

Y’know, this one started off pretty innocently. It was calm, peaceful, uneventful… Nice. I thought “Hey! I'm finally gonna have a normal dream for once!”

Oh, how wrong I was…

Like I said, it started off pretty well. I was sat in the middle of my Psychology class, taking notes on our study about false memories and generally just enjoying life. Our class was actually pretty small, with only 6 students listening as our teacher stood in the front, going through her presentation and lecturing us.

Normal right?

Well it was normal, until I saw a big black blur crash into the glass window that was facing the school field. I brought my arms up in front of me in a feeble attempt to shield myself, shards flying towards us like throwing knifes. Curiously, I was alone in trying to protect myself, the others in the room seemingly unfettered by the Pandora’s Box of chaos that had just opened around us. Students continued writing and my teacher drawled on with her lecture.

I was about to question why no one was panicking when my eyes settled on the root of my problems. Standing proudly amongst the rubble was none other than Kim Taehyung. Behind him was a large black dragon, but not just any dragon, it was Toothless from HTTYD.

What the actual .

Toothless nuzzled himself into Taehyung, getting an affectionate scratch in return and eliciting a purr from the catlike dragon. Then Taehyung whipped around to face me, his carefree expression morphing into a more panicked one, as if whatever caused him to feel the need to crash into my ing school was of the utmost urgency. In a flash, his distressed gaze met my bewildered one.

“CHOSEN ONE!!!” He bellowed, pointing and wagging his finger at me in vigorously.

I just stood there, mounted in place, astonished by the absurd situation I'd been put in.

Returning to my senses, I, being the soft spoken and mature person I'd like to think I usually am, responded the only way I could in that moment.

“ WHAT THE ?!!”

“Language Gayatri!” My teacher scolded “That's one hour of detention with me after school!”

“W-wha… One hour of detent- HE JUST CRASHED INTO THE SCHOOL! WHO GIVES A ABOUT MY ING LANGUAGE?!”

“Me, now sit back down before I make it two hours.”

I slowly stepped up to her, emphasising each and every word as if I was spelling out the situation to a child. “HE’S. ON. A ING. DRAGON.”

“I fail to see what this has to do with Mann et al.” She stated bluntly.

My mouth fell agape in disbelief.

“Dude,” one of my classmates called out “just sit down and stop acting like a lunatic!” The others started to snicker as I turned to face them.

“AM I THE ONLY WHO FINDS THIS REMOTELY UNUSUAL?! IS THIS JUST ANOTHER WALK IN THE PARK FOR ALL OF YOU?!!!” I squawked, flailing my arms around in frustration when I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind me. Before I knew it, Taehyung had hefted me up into his arms.

“WHAT THE ?! KIM TAEHYUNG! PUT ME DOWN RIGHT THIS INSTANT OR I SWEAR TO GOD IMMA MAKE YOU DASI RUN RUN RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!” I started pounding against his chest with my tiny fists as he walked back over to Toothless and mounted his saddle.

“Come Chosen One! We don't have much time to waste!”

“WHAT?! NO! ISN’T THIS KIDNAPPING?!” I looked back at my class, who had finally seemed to grasp the situation as all of them were gawking at us. “DON’T JUST STAND THERE LIKE SITTING DUCKS YOU IDIOTS! HELP ME!!”

Before any of them could make a move (if they were ever going to), Taehyung took off, my screaming and crying serenading us along the way.

“OH MY GOD STOP SCREAMING WE JUST NEED YOUR HELP!”

That shut me up real quick as I glanced around, trying to find out where the third voice had come from. That was when I caught sight of Yoongi close behind on another dragon. Actually, only then did I notice the rest of Bangtan were there too. I also noticed that all of them, Taehyung included, were wearing replicas of Hiccup’s armour from the second HTTYD movie.

Can this dream get any weirder?

I eyed each and everyone of them, inspecting their choice of dragon to fly with. “Did you train them yourselves?” I asked, genuinely curious as to how they managed to do it.

“Yup!” They all replied unanimously. Well, all except Taehyung, who had grown suspiciously quiet.

“Why'd you pick that species specifically?” I asked Hoseok, who was flying to our left on his brown, boulder like Gronkle, black hair pushed up to reveal his forehead.

“Cause she's a ball of sunshine! Just like me!” He brightly exclaimed. “Besides, look at her! Isn't she adorable? Oh yes you are! Yes you are!” He cooed in a manner one would with an infant, embracing the happy dragon’s head.

“Aww that's cute! Well what about you Jimin?” I tilted my head to face the red haired boy, who was sat on the back of a purple Deadly Nadder.

“According to The Book of Dragons, Deadly Nadders are considered the most beautiful of them all.” I would have just accepted this as an answer if it wasn't for his weirdly suggestive face.

I looked at him expectantly. “And?”

“And I'm the most beautiful one of us, aren't I?” His cocky smirk stretched so far across his face, I swore it would tear in a matter of seconds. I was about to roll my eyes at him and tell him he's an idiot when Seokjin beat me to it.

“Shut up Park Jimin. We all know I'm the prettiest one here!” I turned around to face the blond, only to find him flying behind us with Namjoon, both perched on a two headed green dragon.

“Why are you two sharing the Zippleback?”

“Um, cause Namjin are goals, duh!” Jin retorted, as if it was the most obvious thing ever. Namjoon just looked on at Jin with the most infatuated expression you could imagine.

“God I love you so much!” The pink haired man blurted out, causing Jin to bring himself closer so that the two could make out. This brought forth cries of disgust from almost everyone. Hell, even the damn dragons looked like they were about to throw up.

“Hyungs stop it oh my god!” Taehyung facepalmed.

“Get a room!’ Yoongi groaned.

“Ewww are you trying to his face off?!” Hoseok called out, clearly appalled.

“Ah! My eyes! They burn!” Jimin cried out, clawing at his eyes.

“I SHIP IT!”

Six pairs of eyes proceeded to stare at me questioningly.

“What? They're cute together!” I tried to justify myself.

“YAS! Now that's what I'm talking about sister!” Jin praised me, snapping his hand back and forth like the sassy king he is.

“Anyways, what about you Yoongi? Why the Monstrous Nightmare?” The raven haired male, who had been to our right, simply jumped off his dragon to join me and Taehyung on Toothless. Then, with a simple snap of his fingers, the red dragon set its own body on fire, the blazing flames dissipating after a few seconds. Yoongi then jumped back onto his dragon and stared at me with a completely straight face.

“Infires!” He answered, flashing me one of his angelic gummy smiles.

For what seemed like the millionth time that day, I sat there completely dumbfounded.

“... Well that answers that.”

They laughed at this.

“But wait, how come you all trained your own dragons but Tae has Toothless?” I inquired. “Afterall, he's the only known Night Fury right? And he's missing part of his tail too, so this is definitely him! How'd you get him from Hiccup?”

“Oh, um, I-I borrowed him!” Taehyung said nervously.

Hoseok’s deafening laughter filled the air. “HAHAHAHAHA! If by borrow, you actually mean push off a cripple and fly away then yeah, that's just about it!”

“YOU DID WHAT?!” Taehyung was just about to explain himself when an infuriated scream stole our attention.

“KIM TAEHYUNG! GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!”

Peering down at the forest below us (how the did we reach a forest?!), we saw a very angry Viking chasing after us, flaming sword in hand. I didn't quite catch all of Hiccup’s words, but I did hear shouts of “GIVE ME BACK MY DRAGON!” and “I DON'T CARE IF YOU’RE PRETTIER THAN ASTRID!”

“Ha! I almost forgot about how his girlfriend got jealous of our pretty Taetae!” Jimin burst into fits of laughter.

“Look,” Taehyung held his hand under my chin so I was looking up at him “I know you're confused and mad and probably just wanna go home-”

“I want an explanation.” I said, a commanding tone to my otherwise quiet voice.

“I know. Let me finish.” He gestured to the members around us. “Have you noticed anything amiss?”

I looked around at the six men around me.

Wait, six?

That's when it hit me that a certain Maknae was missing from the pack.

“Jungkook… H-he was taken from us.” His voice was now thick, as if the mere words spilling from his mouth were suffocating him. The other members seemed to be struggling with this information as well. ”We knew this would happen, it was in the prophecy. It's just… We didn't expect it to be so soon. That’s why we took you, because the prophecy states that we can't save him without you.” He looked directly into my eyes, steely gaze drilling into my very soul. “Will you help us?”

I was about to resist, tell them that I'm not much use and that I didn't even believe I was apart of some big prophecy.

But then I saw how hurt they looked by the loss of their friend. I saw how Jimin and and Hoseok kept their heads down in an attempt to hide their sorrow. How Namjoon a comforting hand through Jin’s hair as tears rolled down both of their cheeks. How Yoongi's eyes were clouded with grief as he stared off into the distance.

And how Taehyung tried his best to stay strong for s, holding back his cries. How his seemingly stoic face betrayed the pain flooding his eyes.

I never, ever wanted to see them like that again.

I sighed in surrender. “Okay, I'll help you.”

Taehyung pulled me into a hug, letting his tears finally fall. “Thank you.” He whimpered as I hugged him back.


We were all in the middle of what seemed like a castle when the knights ambushed us. I have no idea how we got there. Hell I don't even know who really took Kookie. Something about a witch that wanted to steal his singing voice or some . Either way, we were in for the fight of our lives.

“Gaya! Go find Kookie while we hold them off!’ Namjoon barked, knocking out a knight with the of his sword. I followed his orders and sprinted into a long narrow hallway, halting abruptly as my path forked off into a maze with three entrances.

“! How the hell am i gonna find him?!” I stared into the abyss of the maze, at a loss for what to do. That was when I felt a strange force take over, a sense of relief and guidance overwhelming my senses. Suddenly I felt as if I knew exactly where I was going.

I guess this is why I'm The Chosen One?

The mystic force lead me through the dark chambers, controlling my thoughts and movements as I stumbled along in a daze.

Left, right, right, left, left, left, right…

I was broken out of my spell by a sudden cry from the shadows.

“Is someone there?! Are you another knight?! You don't sound like one!” I stopped in my tracks upon hearing the familiar voice.

“Jungkook?! Is that you?!”

“Oh my god, are you here to help me?! Please help!”

I dashed through the corridors, following where I thought the shaken voice had come from. “PLEASE HELP! SHE’S COMING FOR ME!” This got me to increase my pace, hearing the fear coating his words.

“PLEASE HURRY! I DON’T WANNA DIE!”

I ran into a large room, my gaze falling on Jungkook’s figure, hands chained up as he lay on a silk draped bed. He was dressed in a simple black button up shirt and black trousers. There was a woman standing over him in a long black robe, wire like brown hair obscuring her face. Her claw like hands were wrapped around his neck, tightening as he gasped for air. I had to think fast, so a grabbed a sword off the wall and raced towards them.

Just as Jungkook's eyes started to roll to the back of his head, I pierced the sword through the witch's neck, causing her to release her grip on him and drop to the ground. Before she could make another move, I stood over her triumphantly.

“Going somewhere?” I sarcastically asked, grinning deviously. With one swift swipe of my sword, her head crashed to the floor with a loud thud, rolling off the side and away from the rest of her body.

I focused my attention back to Jungkook, who was now coughing and trying to calm his breathing. “Are you alright?” I asked, genuinely concerned as I unlocked the chains around his wrists. Once free, he immediately enveloped me in a hug, crying into my shoulder. “It's okay Kookie, it's alright. You're safe now. She can't hurt you anymore.” His sobs died down as I soothingly rubbed small circles into his back. Once he'd calmed down, the brunette pulled away, innocent doe eyes widening upon seeing my face. “Jungkook? Is there something wro-”

“CHOSEN ONE!!!”

“Oh god not again…”

“Chosen One! I knew you'd come for me! Thank you so much for saving me, that witch basically made me into a Princess Leia! Did you hear me?!” His hands gripped onto the fabric of my pink dress hysterically, our faces mere centimetres apart. “I. WAS. PRINCESS LEIA!”

I shoved him off of me. “ calm the down already! I said you're safe! And besides, you're not Princess Leia. I don't see no gold bikini on you, now do I?”

“Think again…” He pointed a shaky finger over to the far corner of the room. On the wall hung an exact replica of the iconic slave outfit from Star Wars.

“... Well, I stand corrected.” I had the urge to question it more in order to quell my curiosity but, seeing Jungkook’s shellshocked expression, I decided against it.

“Alright, grab a weapon so we can go get your members!” I ordered.

“What? They're here too?!”

“Yup, and they'll need all the help they can get against those knights, so come on!” Sword in hand, we ran side by side through the dark chambers, determined to reach the group before it was too late.


Taehyung had just disposed of another knight when he called to the others. “Where is she?! Shouldn't she be back with Jungkook by now?!” A sense of uneasiness seemed to take over as he contemplated this. “What if she got hurt?!”

“Focus Tae!” Yoongi commanded. “Gaya can look after herself! Afterall, she's the Chosen One for a reason!”

“TAEHYUNG LOOK OUT!” Jimin screamed, but it was too late. Taehyung's sword had fallen as a knight disarmed him and pushed him to the ground. He closed his eyes as the offender swung at him, accepting his fate.

A fate that never came.

Instead of feeling cool metal pierce his flesh, he heard the clatter of silver armour against the stone floor of the castle. Opening his eyes, he saw the knight that was seconds from taking his life on the ground, completely motionless. Looking up, he was met with me standing over him, offering my hand to help him up.

“Aww Tae! I didn't know you had such little faith in me! So, did you miss me?” I playfully smiled at him. He smiled back as he took my hand and stood up.

“I'm sorry for ever doubting you.”

“Where's Jungkook?” Hoseok asked, kicking away a knight that had gotten a hold of his arm.

Upon hearing his name, Kookie popped out from behind me. “Hi Hyungs!” He waved at them happily.

“Now,” I held up my sword with a sense of conviction “how's about we get this party started, huh boys?!” As the eight of us let out a collective battle cry, knight after knight fell. Soon, we were the only ones left standing.

“HELL ING YEAH!!” The Maknae line yelled in unison.

“That was awesome!” Hoseok pumped his fist up into the air.

“Did you guys see how cool we looked while battling them?! Oh my god we’re so badass!” Namjoon exclaimed, kissing a laughing Jin on the cheek.

“Wait!’ Yoongi took our attention, pointing to me as fear painted his features. “She’s hurt!” Everyone's happy expressions were wiped right off their faces as they looked over at me. Looking down, I saw an arrow pierced through my stomach.

“Oh, well would you look at that.” I said rather casually as I started to feel myself fall.

“NO!” Taehyung screamed as he ran over, catching me in his arms. I looked into his eyes as he brought my head up to rest on his shoulder. Our faces were so close, I could feel his luscious brown locks brush my cheek.

“No, this isn't supposed to happen! The prophecy said nothing of this!” Taehyung wasn't making any attempt to hide tears now.

“You know, none of you even bothered to specify what this prophecy said. That's kind of an important detail I missed out on…” My voice started to grow tired.

“You can't leave me! You were my one true love!” He pleaded, slightly shaking my weak body.

“Taehyung, you've known me for like, 2 hours.” I said dryly.

“Shhh!” He put a finger to my lips, forcing me to keep my sarcasm to myself while he acted like we were in some sort of Shakespearean tragedy. “It's okay my love, the pain will be over soon.”

“I'm not in pa-”

“If only I'd been better at keeping you safe! This is all my fault!” He exclaimed while a reassuring hand through my hair.

“Well it kinda is considering you kidnapped me from my school.”

“We were supposed to get married and have our honeymoon together! We would have lived comfortably in a nice suburban home with our 5 children and pet dog!” He sobbed.

“Tae, what the .”

“Give me one last kiss, my love.” He looked at me with hopeful eyes. I pondered his request for a few seconds.

“Well, I haven't had my first kiss yet and you're hot, so okay.” He pressed his lips against mine, staying there comfortably for a few seconds before pulling away. We looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds before my body went completely limp. He clutched onto me as if I was the only thing keeping him tethered to this Earth.

“NOOOOOO!!!” Taehyung cried in anguish.

Suddenly my head snapped up to face Jungkook. “Oh, one more thing. Jeon Jungkook! You better be grateful ! I died for you!” I then went back to being limp.

“NOOOOOO!!!” Taehyung cried in anguish… Again.

“Chick I only met 20 minutes ago but saved my life! You can't do this to us!!” Jungkook yelled up at the heavens overdramatically, falling to the ground on his knees.

Meanwhile, Hoseok was crying a river, blubbering incoherent words and sounds. He stopped once his Gronkle waddled up to him in an attempt to comfort him, but he started wailing louder as he embraced her snout.

“It's okay, it's gonna be okay.” Namjoon was his hand through Jin’s hair, the sobbing blonde having buried his head into the younger’s chest.

“NO! Don't you dare lie to me Namjoon! It's not gonna be okay!” Jin pushed away, yelling up at the pink haired man.

“Seokjin, calm down-”

“No! I will not calm down! Don't you understand?!” He stepped back up to Namjoon. “She shipped us Namjoon! SHE ING SHIPPED US!” He went back to crying into his chest.

“I know.” Namjoon said solemnly as he rested his chin against Jin’s head, tears streaming down his own face. “I know…”

Jimin seemed to be taking my death pretty badly, lashing out at everything and everyone, throwing discarded armour all around him and screaming out cries of anger and mourning.

“Jimin stop!” Yoongi tried to grab a hold of him when Jimin pushed him away.

“No!” He screamed. “She was my last chance to get together with her hot friend! Now what am I gonna do?!” As Jimin went off to continue his rampage, Yoongi sighed.

“Wow, we really are idiots. No wonder she wanted nothing to do with us…”

And that is the story of how I got kidnapped by BTS, beheaded a witch, saved Kookie and Taetae and then died.

Yup, my dreams are weird. But hey, everyone has crazy dreams every once in a while, right?

Right?

… Please tell me I'm not insane...


A/N: Wow, I just realized that even in my dreams I can remember the names of the dragon species from the film and even facts from The Book of Dragons. Watch out people, my nerd is showing.