Right Angel Wing, Left Bat Wing

Right Angel Wing, Left Bat Wing

A single white feather half covered with blood was lying on the ground.  Kyuhyun picked it up and took a good look at it.  "The winged creature is somewhere near."  He said as the feather is his hand was suddenly engulfed in flames and burned to ashes.  He continued to walk, simply following his instincts.  "I can totally smell your blood.  There's no use hiding."

Yesung came out from his hiding place.  He was a mix-winged creature.  On his left was a bat wing and on his right was an angel wing, which was currently injured and covered in blood.  "I would rather kill myself than have you capture me and sell me as a pet to the Creature Collectors."

"I don't plan to capture you or to sell you to those bastards.  I want to kill you myself."  Kyuhyun's right gloved hand was suddenly engulfed with fire but his hand didn't seem to be burning.

After seeing the fire that the hunter made, Yesung instantly realized why the hunter wanted to kill him instead of capturing him.  The hunter was a flame caster.  The bat-winged creatures had attacked the flame casters' clan and there were only 2 survivors after that incident.  Those 2 survivors were Kyuhyun and his sister.

"I was just a child like you were when that happened.  I didn't participate in the attack and I'm not even a pure bat-winged creature."  Yesung reasoned out.  "It's not fair.  I never wanted to be born this way.  I never hurt a single person either and yet... a lot of people hurt me including you."

"You think I'm going to pity you with that kind of talk?"  Kyuhyun raised his hand forward, ready to attack the mix-winged creature.

"It's not some sort of strategy to get you to pity me.  Nobody was ever nice to me.  They couldn't even give me something that's called pity."  Yesung said bitterly.  He spread his wings and some blood continued to drop down to the ground from this injured angel wing.  "I'm not going to run away anymore."

For a moment, Kyuhyun thought that the winged creature was planning to fight him back but then Yesung continued on with... "I give up on life.  Simply living is not nice for me and I see no reason for my existence other than being wanted as a pet or a display to show off by the Creature Collectors which is something that I don't like so please... do me a favor by killing me as quick and as painless as it could possibly be."

But it was very painful.  Kyuhyun touched Yesung's angel wing.  The fire on Kyuhyun's hand quickly spread to the rest of the wing burning the white angel feathers, turning them into ashes.  Yesung screamed in pain.  It was too painful that his vision started to turn black.  He thought that he must be finally dying until he lost consciousness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yesung woke up in an unfamiliar place and wondered why he isn't dead yet.  Then he started to feel pain on his back.  Memories about his burning wings started to invade his mind.  Speaking of wings...  "I can't feel my wings."  He sat up on bed and tried to look at his back.  He doesn't have wings anymore.

"What's your name?"

Yesung whipped his head around and saw the familiar flame caster hunter entering the room.  "Yesung," he replied.  For some reason, he doesn't fear the hunter anymore.

"No.  Yesung is the mixed-winged creature who I killed yesterday.  From now on, you are just a human being named Jongwoon."  Kyuhyun handed him a paper.

Yesung accepted the paper and read it.  It was a fake birth certificate with his new name Kim Jongwoon.  "Why are you doing this?"  Yesung asked as he felt tears starting to well up in his eyes.  His new identity would give him a new reason to live and have a normal life like he had always wanted.

"My sister got married a few days ago.  I need a new companion.  You don't mind, do you?"  Kyuhyun said casually.

"Um... no, I need a companion too."  Yesung was feelings ecstatic.  Not only was he going to be living a normal life but he would have a companion as well and they would be living together.

"But I'm a hunter and I'm still going to capture creatures and sell them off to Creature Collectors.  I'm also a flame caster and I still plan on having my revenge against bat-winged creatures.  I might kill or might have already killed one of your parents.  Are you sure you could live with someone like me?"  Kyuhyun asked.  He wanted to be sure because he doesn't want to make Yesung unhappy and suffering because of him.  After all, he gave Yesung a new identity so he could finally be happy with his new life.

"Bat-winged creatures never cared for me so even if one of them is my parent, why should I care what happens to them?  And as a hunter, I wish you would quit your job or at least be nice to the creature you capture and sell them off to the nice Creature Collectors.  I'm sure you could different Creature Collectors who would treat their creatures nicely from the bad ones right?"

Kyuhyun smirked.  "I think we'll be able to live together really well."

Yesung returned a smile.  "I think so too."

THE END

A/N:  This pairing is requested by DredhezRei with the prompt "feathers".  She reads fics with any pairing as long as it involved Yesung or Eunhyuk in it XD so she practically read every Yesung and Eunhyuk fic I have <3

 

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I've enjoyed writing it.  I wish it could have been longer but I also like it the way it is.  Comments please?

 

If you liked this pairing, please check out Park View.