sleepy

Sleep

Mark and Jackson were in the living room when the magnaes came back from the game store. The two rappers had been watching the latest Chinese blockbuster in the living room until the magnaes came in wanting to play their new game. Jackson only let them because he was too tired to assert his dominance and Mark didn’t really care either way. They forfeited the tv, but still sort of wanted to finish the movie. So, they somehow ended up in Jackson and Jaebum’s room, or rather their old room. Mark was laying out on the top bunk with Jackson’s laptop, trying to find where they left off on the movie while Jackson changed into some sweats and a tank top. When /mark had finally found the spot where they were interrupted, Jackson hauled himself up the ladder with a tired groan. He threw his legs over the guardrails before flopping down beside Mark. Mark scooted over to make room for Jackson, but there wasn’t really enough. Mark ended up sort halfway of on top of Jackson and half way on the bed, his left shoulder pressed against the wall. Mark deposited the laptop into Jackson’s lap and pressed play.

 

The movie booted up again and Chinese language started pouring out of the laptop speakers. Mark’s attention soon attached itself to the computer screen. It was not long until Mark felt a weight fall on his shoulder. He moved his eyes away from the screen and to his shoulder. Jackson had fallen asleep, his head rolling to the side and on top of Mark. Mark smiled lovingly at the man’s peaceful expression. Mark reached forward, careful not to jostle Jackson awake, and paused the movie. Mark turned his back to Jackson with a smile.

 

With his free hand, he smoothed Jackson’s bangs away from his face. The smooth texture of the Hong Kong native’s face made Mark smile even wider. When he was asleep, Jackson seemed so sweet and innocent. It made Mark want to cuddle up to him and never let him go.  Mostly because the man worked himself too hard. Jackson had always worried Mark with his scheduling. He would work out almost every day, practice for their comebacks, catch a flight. Mark didn’t know when he ate, f he did at all, or how much sleep he got. Judging by the fact that Jackson was now sleeping despite the uncomfortable position proved to Mark that he probably hadn’t been sleeping much.

 

Mark sighed and shifted slightly so that Jackson’s head was resting on his pillow and Mark laid beside him on his side. Mark propped his head up on one hand and used the other to across Jackson’s body lovingly. HE gently caressed the side of Jackson’s face, fingertips lightly running over the stubble growing on Jackson’s chin.  Hs hand travelled across Jackson’s shoulder and down his muscled arm. All Jackson’s trips to the gym did pay off body wise. HE had never seen Jackson so fit before, not even when he was still in shape from fencing. Even so, Mark didn’t like how much time it took away from Jackson’s resting time.

 

Mark moved his hand back up to Jackson’s neck, resting it there and toying with the hair on Jackson’s nape.  Suddenly, Jackson’s eyelashes fluttered. Mark stopped his ministrations, hoping that Jackson would go back to sleep. Jackson, however, had other plans. Jackson’s eyes fluttered open, pupils locking onto Mark. He hummed tiredly, acknowledging Mark’s presence.

 

“You fell asleep during the movie,” Mark informed.

 

“Hmm,” Jackson nodded and nuzzled into Mark’s hand.

 

“Are you ok?” Mark asked, scooting closer to Jackson so that most over his upper body was propped over Jackson.

 

“Whatta ya mean?” Jackson yawned, voice deep with sleep.

 

“You pretty much fell asleep as soon as you hit the mattress,” Mark explained, moving his hand to run through Jackson’s hair, “have you been overdoing it again?”

 

“Mm-no,” Jackson denied and pressed his head up to Mark’s chest.

 

“You sure about that?” Mark raised an eyebrow.

 

Jackson didn’t respond. Instead, he patted at the arm that was holding Mark up. Mark understood and laid down next to Jackson while Jackson shifted onto his side. Jackson wrapped an arm around Mark’s waist and nuzzled his face into Mark’s neck. Mark smiled and shoved his nose into Jackson’s hair, kissing his forehead gently.

 

“Love you,” Mark mumbled into Jackson’s new black hair.

 

Jackson mumbled something into Mark’s neck that sounded suspiciously like “Wo ai ni.”

 

Mark chuckled and squeezed Jackson in his embrace.

 

“Don’t work yourself so hard,” Mark whispered, “Don’t make me worry so much.”

 

Jackson hummed and squeezed Mark back. He was too tired to reply, but that didn’t mean he felt any different. He could always rely on Mark to pull him back to his senses.