1/1

Moving In (With You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU’RE MOVING?”

It happened a month ago: Seungcheol and Jeonghan had decided to move out of the neighboring apartment across from Soonyoung and Mingyu’s own apartment. Seungcheol’s job had made him move out to Japan for work and being married to Jeonghan and with their one year old son, Jisoo, they family decided to move together in two days.

“I’m really going to miss you guys..” Soonyoung said. They were in the couple’s apartment, most things were already in boxes. Jisoo was on the styrofoam mat, playing with his stuffed animal. “Jisoo ah, are you going to miss your uncle Soonyoungie?”

Jisoo looked up upon hearing his name. He had cute little cat eyes and lips that curved at the ends. He looked like a little kitty, similar to the stuffed animal Soonyoung had bought for him last Christmas.

Not answering Soonyoung, Jisoo looked around for his parents who were not in the living at the moment, and he slowly stood up on his tiny legs with the help of the table to scurry away.

Jisoo came back in the arms of Jeonghan. He snuggled into his papa’s chest, not looking at Soonyoung. “Don’t worry, he’s just a little upset he’s not going to see you much anymore.” Jeonghan said as he played with Jisoo’s brown locks. “You know you’re his favorite uncle to play with.”

Mingyu gave an exaggerated expression. “What? What about me? Jisoo clearly loves me more than this pabo hyung.” He said and Jisoo stared at him with large eyes. “Isn’t that right, Jisoo? You’re gonna miss Uncle Mingyu much more right?”

Jisoo smiled and Mingyu took that as win against Soonyoung. The boy was able to talk a little but he was super shy so any expression is pretty much a win.

“Sorry about that,” Seungcheol said as he came into the room. “I was on the phone with the people buying the house. They’re going to be here in just a little while.”

Mingyu pouted. Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Jisoo moving meant new people buying and living across from him. He didn’t really like change; he liked how Seungcheol lived across from him, how they owned their own pool table, or how they sometimes invite them over to watch football.

What if their new neighbors didn’t have a pool table? Or if they don’t watch football? Or even worse, they own a cat.

Even Mingyu’s own dog, Jimmy, liked playing with Jisoo. What if Jimmy didn’t like the new neighbors either?

“Jeonghan and I are going out to buy more cardboard boxes. Soonyoung, watch Jisoo for us?” Seungcheol asked and Soonyoung obviously agreed and took Jisoo from Jeonghan because who wouldn’t want to babysit the angel. “Jisoo, Daddy and Papa are going out for a second, play with Uncle Soonyoung and Uncle Mingyu okay?” He said and Jisoo nodded, a finger in his mouth. “Alright, stay good.”

“Bye, bye,” Jisoo waved to his parents before looking up at Soonyoung. He pointed downwards and Soonyoung followed his finger to the stuffed kitty. “You want Shua?” Soonyoung asked and Jisoo nodded. Jisoo had named the kitty Joshua, but as he was unable to pronounce the whole name, he shortened it to Shua.

“Hyung,” Mingyu called from the couch. “What do you think will happen when the new neighbors move in? What if we don’t like them?” He asked with such concern and Soonyoung agreed, because they had a mental age of five. “I don’t want new neighbors.”

“And I don’t want little Jisoo to go~” Soonyoung cried, holding Jisoo close. “What if the new neighbors are super old and they hate loud noise and we’d have to actually keep our music down? What if they don’t like my dancing? Or what if they won’t like your cooking.”

“STOP, STOP, STOP!” Mingyu begged with such misery. He kneeled to the floor, not want to hear more. They don’t want to live in a nightmare. “I know what to do.” Mingyu said and Soonyoung raised an eyebrow. “We’ll have to rig this place, make them think this place is haunted or something. It’s perfect! We’ll unscrew some things, break some chairs, put up scary stuff, IT’S PERFECT.”

Soonyoung snapped his fingers. “I like the way you think, genius!” They both cheered out loud and Jisoo blinked in confusion. “Only thing is to get this started. Hyung said the people will be here soon. We have to act fast!”

“I got it.” Mingyu said. “I’ll put a water bucket on top of the door, we’ll act like obnoxious kids, they’ll have no choice but to move back to whatever hole they’re from. And if they don’t buy the apartment, then it’ll be empty and it’ll be ours!”

“GENIUS, GENIUS, GENIUS!”

“I KNOW!”

Jisoo was placed in the baby gate and he watched as his two obnoxious uncles moved around in his house, moving some stuff and changing some things. He was confused but he didn’t say anything. He wondered when his daddy and papa were coming home. He may be a baby but he had a small feeling something wasn’t going right.

“You’re gonna love the place.”

Jisoo’s ears perked up as he heard his papa’s voice coming from outside. Soonyoung and Mingyu reacted as well, giggling along as they had their plan set.

“Great, I’ll distract Seungcheol and Jeonghan hyung as you scare the new people away alright?” Soonyoung whispered to Mingyu who nodded and Soonyoung darted out the door. “Hyung!” He shouted and Seungcheol and Jeonghan were surprised at the sudden shout. They were with the new buyer of the apartment. He was a single young man, slightly taller than Soonyoung and had pale skin and foxy eyes.

Soonyoung fixed his attention at the couple. “Hyung I forgot to ask you just before you guys leave, I need you to teach if how to fix plumping just in case anything happens when you’re gone. Oh and Jeonghan you need to teach me how to properly clean my room.”

Jeonghan furrowed his eyebrows. “Uh...yeah sure?” He said but he walked towards the door was his apartment. “Just let me check on Jisoo for a second. I think he’s- AH!” A huge splash of water drowned on Jeonghan and he stared at himself in disbelief and Soonyoung’s mouth dropped.

Mingyu stared with the same agape expression because, , it wasn’t supposed to be Jeonghan walking through the door. Jeonghan gave him a deadly stare and the taller boy gulped. Jisoo was laughing.

“I-I,” Mingyu started with an awkward laugh. “I just wanted to pull one last prank before you guys leave…?” Yes, he saved it.

Jeonghan sighed but he nodded. “Sure, sure. It’s the last time anyway.” He said as he walked over to Jisoo. “I’ll just go get changed and change Jisoo into a new diaper too before heading to your place then.” He said as he took his son from the baby gate. “Mop up the water, Mingyu.”

“Papa splash!” Jisoo giggled as he was picked up from his papa. “Splash, splash!”

Jeonghan sighed. “Yes, Jisoo, papa got splashed.”

They headed to the room and Mingyu gave Soonyoung a thumbs up before the latter turned to Seungcheol. “Jeonghan hyung can come later then. Hyung, teach me how to fix things, hurry hurry.” He said as he tried to drag the older into his apartment.

“Okay, okay,” Seungcheol responded and turned to the investor. “I’ll be right back, feel free to check out the apartment.” He said and the man nodded before slowly, and very carefully heading inside.

Meanwhile Mingyu was giggling his head off at the prank prior sure it wasn’t the new neighbor but it was the same reaction with Jeonghan. “Oh god I’m so funny.” He said and turned to see a stranger standing at the doorway, looking around. He must be the new guy. Good here’s my chance to-

The man turned his head and Mingyu felt his mouth fall off because the guy was so beautiful. He looked like a fox, a hot fox, a y fox, a cute fox. Goddamn he was drop dead gorgeous.

“Nice bucket prank.”

Oh , his voice was so deep.

Mingyu closed his mouth and gave a small gulp. “U-Uh yeah thank you.” He stuttered. “I figured I give one last prank before they move.” He said and the man smiled a small laughter and goddamn.

Mingyu mentally shook his head. No, the guy was the new neighbor. If anything he could be a serial killer looking for a new place to stay, or he wasn’t a football fan, or worse a cat person.

“The place is nice.” The man said as he strolled around, getting closer to Mingyu. “It has a great view too.”

Mingyu swallowed. “W-well uh you don’t want to stay here.” He said and the man raised a brow. “Uh, this place is haunted!” He screamed and slightly kicked the small coffee table he had just rigged a second ago, watching it fall apart onto the floor. “See? I told you, haunted.”

The guy giggled. He giggled. “That’s pretty cool.” He said and Mingyu was not expecting that answer. “I’m actually really interested in ‘ghosts’.” He said in quotations and Mingyu couldn’t tell if he was being serious or just plain sarcastic.

“Okay Gyu, I’m heading to your place now- what happened to my table?” Jeonghan asked as he came out of his room in a new, dry outfit and with a newly diaper changed Jisoo. He stared at Mingyu with such questions in his eyes.

“Uh, it- just fell.”

“Just fell?”

“Uh, yeah.” Mingyu responded. “I-I think some screws were loose, but don’t worry hyung I’ll fix it up later.”

Jeonghan looked so confused. “Um...okay then. I’ll be going to your apartment to...teach Soonyoung how to clean his room properly I guess? Oh and Mingyu, this is Wonwoo.” He said, pointing to the new guy. “Wonwoo, this is Mingyu. He lives across from us with his roommate, Soonyoung, the one you saw outside. You guys are going to be great neighbors.”

Mingyu turned to the new guy. Wonwoo. What a pretty name.

“Sure thing hyung.” Mingyu said and watched as Jeonghan placed Jisoo back into the baby cage and out to his apartment. The boy looked back at Wonwoo who was staring at Jisoo.

“He’s so cute.” Wonwoo said as he leaned down at Jisoo. “What’s your name?”

“Jisoo,” Mingyu answered instead and Wonwoo smiled at the baby.

“Aw you’re so cute. Is that your kitty cat?” Jisoo nodded, holding Shua close to him for a second before offering him to Wonwoo. Mingyu’s eyes widened because Jisoo never gave his Shua to anyone, not even him or Soonyoung. “Aw, thank you but no it’s yours I can’t take it.”

“Hey Mingyu, I held up Seungcheol and Jeonghan hyung, did you-” Soonyoung’s plopped through the doorway to see Wonwoo playing with Jisoo and Mingyu standing helpless with eyes saying, “hyung I couldn’t do it. He’s too beautiful.” Soonyoung sighed. “Weak.” He whispered enough for Mingyu to hear and walked towards Wonwoo. “Hey, I’m really sorry to say this but you can’t stay here because the apartment is haunted. Like super haunted like you hear voices at night, doors opening and closing, all that scary stuff.”

“Aw, is that really?” Wonwoo said as he gave a small pout that was almost comically. “That’s too bad. My friend and I were actually really hoping to stay here.”

Soonyoung pursed his lips. “Well I am truly sorry to say this to you and your friend but-,” on cue someone stepped into the apartment and Mingyu was the first to turn around to see. “-You and your friend-” Soonyoung stopped talking when he saw the newest guy standing in front of his door and his mouth fell. “Whoa, mama.”

The newcomer was a short and so adorable with brown locks and sweet eyes. Soonyoung felt the need to run up to him and gave him a huge hug.

“Jihoon, you’re here.” Wonwoo smiled as he walked passed Soonyoung and Mingyu to Jihoon who smiled. “This is my friend Jihoon. We’re planning to move into the apartment.”

Jihoon raised a brow. “Won, who are…?”

“Oh this is Mingyu and Soonyoung.” Wonwoo answered with a sweater pawed hand gesturing towards the two. “They live in the apartment right across. We’re going to be neighbors.”

The shorter nodded. “Ohhh,” He said and gave a soft smile that made Soonyoung’s heart melt. “My name is Jihoon, it’s nice to meet you two. Hope we’ll be good neighbors.”

The other two opened their mouths to say something but no words were able to come out so they just stood there with opened mouths and heart filled eyes. Jihoon turned to Wonwoo who gave a look just as confused as he was.

“I see you guys already met each other.” Seungcheol said as he and Jeonghan came through the door and Jisoo jumped in excitement as he waved for his daddy. Seungcheol smiled and went over to pick up his son. “Aigoo, did my little Jisoo miss me?” He said with a poke to Jisoo’s cheek, leaving his son laughing. He turned to Wonwoo and Jihoon. “Have you guys checked out the apartment yet?”

Wonwoo shook his head. “I was just about to look at the rooms.” He said and Jeonghan gladly led the way, leaving Soonyoung and Mingyu alone in the living room.

“Hyung, what do we do?” Mingyu whispered to Soonyoung. “We can’t make them leave. They’re absolutely gorgeous and I haven’t gotten laid in a long time!”

“Stay strong you idiot!” Soonyoung said and Mingyu was taken back.

“Oh, I’m the idiot? You were basically drooling over that Jihoon!”

“Oh be quiet what do you know about love.’

Mingyu was about to refute another argument until there was a huge crash in the room followed by one Yoon Jeonghan yelling “KIM MINGYU.”

Mingyu and Soonyoung stared at each other. “I think that’s our cue to run.”

 

    “I’ll have the cheeseburger.” Wonwoo said to the waiter as he wrote down the order. He handed back to menu before looking at Mingyu sitting across from him. The six of them, along with Jisoo, seven of them were at a small restaurant for dinner as it was Seungcheol magnificent idea to get to know each other.

“Won, you had a cheeseburger yesterday.” Jihoon said to his best friend who only shrugged at him.

“So? Cheeseburger is life.”

Mingyu wanted to laugh out loud at the statement but he had to keep himself civil, no matter how beautiful and gorgeous Wonwoo was. He’ll admit it, though they met just a few hours ago, Mingyu was so in love and there was no way he wanted to make him leave the apartment now.

Soonyoung however was still unconvinced falling for Jihoon despite his actions towards the short boy. Mingyu saw it, how Soonyoung looked so done for when Jihoon had laughed at one of his lame jokes.

“I’m not in love. He’s cute but I, Kwon Soonyoung, am not that easy.”

Mingyu rolled his eyes. Not easy his .

“So, what do you do for a living, Mingyu?” Wonwoo asked as he placed his cup of water down. Mingyu was startled at the sudden question, and secretly liking how his name rolled off Wonwoo’s tongue. He cleared his throat and responded he was a chef at one of the famous hotels around, the Diamonds Hotel, and seeing how surprised Wonwoo was, Mingyu would call that a win. “That’s awesome. I can’t cook for my life. Jihoon usually does the cooking.”

Mingyu wanted to say something along the lines of “I bet you’re not that bad,” or “I can teach you some recipes if you’d like,” but it came out as an, “Oh, ahaha.”

But Wonwoo did smile though, so that’d give Mingyu another point.

Wonwoo worked as an art historian at the Mansae Museum nearby, leading to him why he had moved into the city in the first place as Jihoon was a songwriter who recently signed a contract with the top music company Adore U Studios just down the street.

Funny, because Soonyoung was a dance instructor at Adore U Studios. “We’ll be seeing each other often.” Jihoon said to Soonyoung who gave a weird laugh in return.

Yes, not in love, my .

At the other end of the table, there was a squeal from Jeonghan commenting about how cute the four of them were, like this was some sort of double blind date.

Jisoo smiled when his papa squealed and played with his plastic spoon with Shua in his free hand. “Jisoo, please stop playin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter