RIVALS

PINOCCHIO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NAYEON’S POV

“Will you guys hurry up, we’re almost there!” I said impatiently as we were running through the gates of our school. We’re little behind schedule now because one of my friends was unbelievably hard to wake up.

“Yaaaaa! What’s with the hurry? It’s still early. We’re not going to be late. And may I remind you that you called us at freaking 4:00 in the morning and told us that it was a freaking emergency and now you’re making us run like we are in a freaking marathon!” Jihyo said completely annoyed and has been out of breathe from running.

“Yeah, what’s the big emergency? And damn, it better be an emergency. Do you even know how hard it was just to wake Momo up and ten times harder to drag her to school? See she’s still half asleep for crying out loud!” Sana exclaimed, clearly having a hard time dragging Momo.

“Yaah- I’m hungry!” Momo whined while her eyes are still closed and Sana just rolled her eyes before letting out a big sigh.

“Why am I the one to carry her?” Sana complained.

“Because you two are in the same class.” Jihyo just shrugged.

“That doesn’t make any sense! We’re all friends here. C’mon switch with me.” Sana pleaded.

“No way, I’m too tired. Besides we’re already at school anyway just continue on carrying her.” Jihyo greatly refused. And the two kept arguing on whom to carry the half asleep Momo.

“Shut up you guys. Just hurry, we're almost there!” I scolded the two. We’re running out of time. I felt really bad for my friends for dragging them like this but I need to confirm something. I couldn’t sleep even a wink last night because I’ve been waiting for this day. The day that I’ll prove her wrong. The day that I will finally beat that sly girl.

“Just wait a minute!” Sana exclaimed with a sudden realization then continued. “You haven’t even answered our question yet. What’s the big emergency?” She immediately asked before they forget the question again.

I let out a big sigh. I’m still contemplating whether to tell them or not. Either way they will get angry at me anyway so better tell them now.

“Well today they will post the exam’s ranking result!” I breathed out all the words in one go hoping that they wouldn’t hear what I’ve just said. But much to my disappointment, they did. They clearly did.

“WHAT?!” The two said in unison making them completely stop from running and Sana dropping Momo to the ground in the process.

“Ouch!” Momo complained.

“You drag us here just like that just to see that freaking result?!” I winced at the loud voice of Jihyo. She looks like she was about to strangle me any minute now.

“You made me go through all those hardships-” Sana said while pointing at Momo then continued “-just to see that result. Why would you do that to me? And why would we have to come along with you, we’re not even in the same class!” Sana was almost having a breakdown. It must be because of this so-called 'hardship'. I glanced at Momo.

I knew they would be angry at me, well the two of them exactly. Jihyo was not a morning person and definite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter