Prologue

Million Reasons

“Oppa!”

Taeyeon runs as quickly as her legs could take her. Ah, could she get any more adorable than this? Jungsoo thinks, chuckling quietly as he opens his arms wide enough for Taeyeon to jump into.

“I’ve missed you so much. I’ve already lost count of how many times I spent staring at your pictures.” Taeyeon sighs in Jungsoo’s embrace he pecks her forehead lovingly in reply. “I’m sorry I took longer than expected. I tried to rush work but everything just kept piling up, I’ve been itching to leave but my boss just wouldn’t let me go.”

They stay in each other’s embrace for a few more seconds, and then Taeyeon leans up to kiss Jungsoo in the lips. She giggles as he playfully nibbles on her lower lip before pulling away. They both stare at each in the eyes and give each other one last peck on the lips before separating.

“So, what’s this new guy I hear about in articles that has been professing his unending love for his Taeyeon noona?”

“Really? You just got back and that’s the first thing you ask me? No, how’ve you been while I was gone? I’ve had a really hard time sleeping without my favorite cuddle buddy, have you been to?” he scoffs and clears his throat, “How have you been while I was gone? I haven’t really slept well since I was always so busy with work and I had no one warm to cuddle with.” Jungsoo pouts just to show how miserable he was without her, which elicits a hearty laugh from his significant other.

“I’ve been well, but since you were gone I had no inspiration for my sappy love songs. All I’ve written were sad songs about missing someone who’s so far away. The producers were happy with them, but Heechul oppa wouldn’t stop teasing me about acting like a lovesick puppy.” Jungsoo chuckles as he sees Taeyeon’s cheeks start to give off color. He pinches them lightly just to , pecking her lips when she starts to pull away. This causes the blush on her cheeks to brighten even further.

“Now, who’s this guy and why is he professing his love for you over and over again? If he loves you so much he should be well aware that you’re in a relationship with the only person that’s ever going to have you heart because the said person you’re in a relationship with has given his heart to you fully way before you’ve known him as a friend.” Taeyeon rolls her eyes at him, this is so ridiculous, she thinks. “And you should also know that the guy is only another artist I was given a chance to work with because apparently he wanted his debut album to be written by me since he has been a fan of mine from the very start.” She then pulls Jungsoo down to her level, completely taking him by surprise, and kissing him on the lips—effectively erasing all thoughts of doubt and envy from her boyfriend’s mind.

“I should also inform you that Baekhyun, that’s his name, is very much aware of my relationship with you. He supports us being together. So stop being so jealous of him, he was just acting like the adorable fan boy he is.”

“I’m ignoring the fact that you said he was adorable because I’m so hungry and I’ve waited for so long to have a taste of your food again.” Taeyeon scoffs at the grin on her boyfriend’s face, chuckling when he sends a wink her way accompanied with a flying kiss. She playfully shoves his face away from her, only for him to catch her hand and hold it close to his chest.

“I love you.” Jungsoo leans in close enough for both their noses to touch, “I love you too.” She leans in to close the distance between them, her breath taken away yet again. 

 

 

 

--------------------

Hi guys!

Sorry for the short chapter but as of now this all I can give /-\

I'm really busy with college recently and I just couldn't sneak writing in my schedule ;-;

SORRY!! But I promise to update this coming Christmas break, please look forward to it! :D