If You (YoonMin)

Songfic Drabbles

Song: If You - Big Bang

Genre: Angst/Hurt

Pairing: YoonMin (Suga & Jimin - BTS)

Rating: T (for cursing and drug/alcohol use)

 

I'm looking at him, getting farther away
He becomes a small dot and then disappears
Will this go away after time passes?
I remember the old times
I remember you

'Has it already been three weeks?' Yoongi thinks, glancing at the calendar on his wall with bleary eyes. If he squints, he can barely make out the day circled in red pen, October 13th, with a little message scrawled under it reminding him of 'Jiminie's Birthday! Dinner @ 8'. He squeezes his eyes shut after reading it too many times, rolling over to face away from the damned thing that served as a constant reminder of how badly Yoongi had ed up.

~

October 13th

Jimin excitedly rereads the text message his boyfriend Yoongi had sent him the week prior, stating, 'Save the date, baby. Your birthday at 8, I'm taking you out. I'm sorry I've been so busy, I love you.'.

That very date had finally rolled around, and Jimin can't sit still, having gotten ready hours in advance. He'd taken his time meticulously styling his hair and lining his eyes with a thin layer of makeup to define them before picking the perfect outfit for his date, struggling to pull the tight dark-wash skinny jeans over his thick thighs and slipping the black button up on before giving himself a onceover in the mirror and smiling when he sees how he looks. A quick look at his phone alerts Jimin that Yoongi would be there any minute, prompting the man to grab his wallet and dash down the stairs of his apartment to wait outside. It was a bit colder than he'd expected, his breaths producing clouds of condensation in the cold night air, but it was fine, Yoongi would be picking him up in just a few short minutes for their date.

-

8:30 PM

Goosebumps prickle the smooth skin of Jimin's arms under his thin button up as he shivers in the cold, checking his phone again to make sure he hadn't come down too early. The bright LED's of his phone screen didn't lie, Yoongi was almost half an hour late. He frowns a bit before swiping to unlock his phone with frozen fingers and dialing Yoongi's number, holding the phone to his ear while it rings with one hand and rubbing his arm with the other to try to get some heat back into his skin. The call goes straight to voicemail, and Jimin knows, he knows Yoongi forgot about their date and went out to party with his stupid bandmates again. A stray tear slips down Jimin's cheek as he unlocks the door to get back into his building and heads straight for the garage, unlocking the door to his car and slipping in. 

Jimin grips the steering wheel hard enough for his knuckles to turn white as he speeds to the club, seething as he mulls over why the he had thought anything had changed, why he thought Yoongi might have changed, and he's just done.

-

Earlier that night...

Yoongi's standing in his bathroom styling his hair for his date with Jimin when he hears loud pounding at his front door. Deeming his mint locks decent enough, he exits the room and goes to answer the obnoxious hammering only to be met with the already ed-out faces of his bandmates Hoseok and Namjoon. Their blown irises and euphoric expressions told Yoongi enough, and he's half tempted to slam the door on them when they suddenly stumble into his apartment and throw their arms around his small shoulders,

"Hey man, Jackson hooked us up with the good , he's got more back at the usual place," Namjoon drawls, his breath wreaking of grass and booze causing Yoongi to wrinkle his nose and shake his head, shrugging out of his friends' hold, 

"No way, guys, give me one night to apologize to Jimin and I'll see if I can hit you up later," the mint-haired male replies with a shake of his head. He pulls out his phone to double check the time. It was only 6:30...

"This 's going fast, he might not have it later, dude. Come on don't you have like 2 hours?" Hoseok speaks up, flipping his lighter around in his fingers as he leans against the wall. He wasn't anywhere near as stoned as Namjoon, clearly still coherent, but the way his words slurred together was a telltale sign of just how good the 'good ' was. Yoongi sighs, unlocking his phone and smiling when he sees his background: the selca he and Jimin had taken for their year anniversary, back when things were so much better and their relationship felt so real. Now it was barely being held together by a few fragile strings, strings that would surely snap if he ed up again tonight.

Patience was never Namjoon's virtue, and when he doesn't get an immediate answer from his small bandmate he snorts and stumbles towards the door, "Forget it, Hoseok, he's not coming. Let's head back before Jackson finishes the rest of his stash off without us-"

", wait, I'll come, but I'm just gonna try a bit, alright? I'm not getting smashed or anything before I go out with Jimin," Yoongi finally caves, stuffing his phone into his back pocket and following his friends out the door before locking it behind him.

-

9:00 PM

Jimin pulls into the parking lot of the club Yoongi frequented with his friends still seething, even more when, sure enough, he sees Namjoon's silver Dodge Ram sitting in the space a few spots down from him. He slams the door of his own car after getting out and stomping into the club, squinting in the dim light and waving off a scantily dressed waitress who'd come up to him upon entering. The room was packed with people and stunk of beer, cigarettes, and other questionable substances. 

It's almost impossible to weave through the gyrating mass of bodies, especially while searching for a small head of mint-green hair in a sea of bright colors, but Jimin eventually gets spit out on the other side in front of a roped off area where the questionable smell was the strongest. Ducking under the rope, he scans the area before his gaze comes to rest on his boyfriend sitting with his bandmates and some other unfamiliar guys, not that Jimin really gave a in that moment. He charges toward them with reckless abandon, tears streaming down his cheeks when he sees how much fun Yoongi seemed to be having.

"Min Yoongi....I cannot believe you..." Jimin grits out when he comes to a stop in front of the group, fists clenched tightly at his sides at he glares at the petite male. Yoongi stares back up at him with a dazed expression, pupils narrowed to pinpoints and white powder clinging to his nostrils, "You are by far the most disgusting person I've ever met...I can't believe I gave you my heart only for you to smash it into a million pieces..." he continues, having a hard time keeping his voice steady as he breaks down in front of a group of strangers that probably didn't even have any idea as to what was going on, "whatever we had, whatever this was, it is officially over. Goodbye, Yoongi," Jimin finishes, before turning on his heel and exiting. He didn't expect Yoongi to follow him, it was clear he was too high out of his mind to do anything. He probably didn't even realize what Jimin was saying, but Jimin didn't care anymore.

It's just as much of a fight to get out of the club as it was getting in, but Jimin eventually gets back into his car and speeds off towards his apartment, eyes blurred with tears.

-

Next Morning, October 14th

The first thing Yoongi does when he wakes up, predictably, is vomit whatever was left in his stomach onto the floor of Namjoon's apartment. They'd somehow made it back, stumbling high off their asses in the dead of night, and he was already feeling the crash hard. A pounding headache worms it's way into his head and, yup, that's a hangover. He could hardly remember what had happened the previous night, vaguely recalling letting Hoseok and Namjoon talk him into trying some coke Jackson had managed to get his hands on, then Jimin yelling at him, and the rest was just a blur. 

Wait, Jimin?

"! Jimin's birthday!" he exclaims, launching himself off the couch and narrowly missing the foul smelling puddle as he falls to his knees, clenching his head in pain. The sound rouses Hoseok, who was knocked out on the couch next to him, causing him to let out a loud groan, "Dude shut the up, my head is killing me," he mumbles, turning away from the source of the noise and trying to fall back asleep.

Ignoring his friend, Yoongi pulls out his phone and unlocks it to see a flurry of missed calls and texts from the younger man from the previous night, asking where he was and, , he knew this was the last straw, but he dials Jimin's number anyway, biting his lip as it rings and letting the device fall from his fingers when he hears an automated voice on the other side,

'The number you have dialed is no longer in service.'