Final

Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rain was pouring like crazy and there is no sign that it will stop anytime soon. I was just about to go home after a hectic day at the office. Even though today is Friday, I’m not in the mood to go out.

 All I can think of right now is a nice warm bath, being curled on the bed and catching up some movies that I’ve been missing for the last few weeks.

After saying goodbye to my co-workers, I clock-out from the office and head down to the main entrance at the lobby. It was still raining heavily and thankfully I bring along my umbrella.

Using the umbrella, I manage to walk until I reached one of the café near the train station. I decided to stop and get myself something hot since the weather was chilly because of the rain.

I left my umbrella near the entrance and make a bee-line along with a few customers. The smell of the coffee and the pastries invaded my nostrils making me instantly hungry. Not the heavy type of hungry but snacking hungry. The freshly baked honey combs bread caught my attention and I know what I’m gonna take away.

“One hot Caramel Macchiato and a box of Honey Combs Bread please.” The young barista girl nodded and I pay for everything and waited at the next counter to collect my meal. Done with my meal, I head out to the entrance and the rain is no joke!

I took my umbrella and push the door open. A strong wind was blowing and I can feel some droplets of rain on my face.

“Hyung! The weather is crazy! I think I’m gonna be late to the practice session today.”

I heard a male voice not far away from me. He was pacing back and forth with his phone on his ears and he sounded frustrated. He keeps on messing his hair and occasionally he was groaning.

“I know the competition is in 3 days. I never skipped my practice and it so happen today I woke up a bit late and happens! What do you want me to do? Make a demonic ritual and summon the Rain God so that He would make it stop?”

I bit my lips, trying hard not to laugh because I literally imagine him doing the ritual by dancing in the rain and start chanting some strange mantra so that the rain would stop.

“This competition means a lot to me too okay! I’ve sacrificed blood, sweat and tears for the competition. Just because today I was late you guys were acting like an ! I was never late! This is the first time! The other members were late and you didn’t even say anything! You’re being unfair!”

I flinched when I heard he screams. His face is all red due to his anger. Wait…why am I eavesdropping on him? I don’t even know him! Goshhh! I was about to walk away but somehow my feet won’t allow me. I keep on glancing at him just to make sure he was alright.

My heart was torn when I saw him looking at the sky with full of hope that it will stop raining but it seems it’s getting heavier and there’s no sign of it slowing down. After hearing all the conversation just now, somehow I feel bad for him.

Maybe this competition does mean a lot to him. Without thinking much, I slowly walk towards him. I tapped him gently on the shoulder and he turn his face at me. I took the umbrella that I was holding and hand it over to him.

He looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop your conversation but it seems that you need this more than me.” I told him softly, trying not to sound like I’m a stalker or a creeper.

From confusion, his expression changed and he smiled at me. I was stunned for a moment. I’m not exaggerating but I swear he has the most beautiful smile and probably I need to wear some shades because his smile is brighter than the sun. I’m serious! I can feel his sadness fades away even though his eyes were blood shot red, showing that he cried just now.

“Are you an angel?” his sudden question makes me wanted to laugh. This poor boy must be feeling so thankful that he blurt out such words.

“God must have send you to me. I was so desperate to reach the dance studio and I keep on praying to God to help me. And you came. Thank you so much…I…I…don’t know what else to say…I’m just so grateful…” His eyes were brim with tears again.

I was so touched with his words. I didn’t know my help means so much to him. Using my thumb, I wipe away the tears from his eyes and he startled a bit due to sudden touch from me. But he didn’t stop me from doing it.

“I’m glad that I could help. You better go now or you’ll be late.” I smiled at him, trying to control my emotion. I don’t even know what I am doing. He nodded and he divulge the umbrella and was ready to go but then he stopped and look at me.

“But…what about you? I can’t just let my savior stay here. I feel so bad.” He was hesitated to leave me there but I just shook my head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter