001

I am You, You are Me

 

 

 

 

a/n : i was thinking of making this story a one-shot, but then i never had the courage to write simple story in one go so iwanted to make it chaptered. but then the laptop deemed that my 20000 words document was a virus and it self destructs so i had to write it all over again with only a little memory of my original story. i would like to thank everyone for their support for this story!! 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There was something about Luhan that intrigued Oh Sehun.

 

 

 

It’s the way Luhan always nods to whatever Jinho said like a trained puppy, fluffy hair bouncing along cutely or was it the way his doe eyes would dart to different places just to avoid Jinho’s face whenever the conversation doesn’t involve him? Sehun wasn’t really sure either but Luhan looks a bit off for someone who screams perfection wherever he goes. It doesn’t help when the visitors inside the café were staring at them blatantly for the last fifteen minutes.

 

“… and that’s how we met. I’m so glad to have Luhan in my life.”
Jinho was too busy in his own story-telling to notice Sehun that had zoned out the moment he started speaking. To be completely frank, Sehun doesn’t give two s about the couple sitting across him, nor does he care about how Jinho ‘treasures’ his lover. The only thing that keeps Sehun from falling asleep in that café was Luhan’s existence. There was something very very very very off from that guy. Not the ‘I-play-with-voodoo’ type but the ‘i-am-pretending-to-be-happy-and-i-hope-no-one-notices-I’m-actually-depressed-by-the-guy-sitting-next-to-me’ kind of off.

 

 

 

 

Luhan looks like he’s uncomfortable by the way Jinho draped an arm around his shoulder. Maybe for others he looked flawless and glowing with that million dollar grin but Sehun thinks otherwise.

 

 

Suddenly Jinho’s phone buzzed uncontrollably on top of the table, causing everyone’s cup to vibrate along with it. Sehun almost cursed out loud when a fraction of his favorite cappuccino spilled on the table. Luhan was quick to offer tissue to the said male while Sehun accepted it gratefully to wipe the little spill on the table near his phone that was also placed on the table. Jinho gestured that he needed to take the call and Luhan gave him a brilliant smile as a reply while Sehun only nodded, shooing him away in his mind as if he was an annoying bug.

 

 

As soon as Jinho walked out from the café, Luhan quietly heaved a sigh that he unknowingly had held that goes almost unnoticeable but Sehun is unlike others and can’t be deceived.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t like Jinho,” Sehun stated boldly.

 

 

 

 

 

That caught the other’s attention very quickly. Luhan snapped his head up at the statement.

 

 

 

 

Sehun then continued after a few silent moments. “I’ve never nor ever will like that guy.”

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan only heaved a deep sigh but offered a still polite smile, “And why are you telling me this?”

 

 

 

 

“Because I’m uncomfortable with him and I don’t want you to get the wrong idea that we are good friends. And the same goes to you, isn’t it? We’re both uncomfortable around him. You may object to it of course, you’re the boyfriend after all, but I will believe my own eyes.” Sehun stated with confidence as he sparred Jinho, who was standing outside and conversing on the phone with a huge smile on his face, a look from the window and starred back at Luhan.

 

 

 

At that, Luhan’s smile slowly falters but didn’t immediately show his true feelings. “I suppose you’re good at reading people.”

 

 

 

 

Sehun sipped his drink carefully. “Yes, that’s what I do best. Almost became a psychiatrist once upon a time but that’s another story for another day.”

 

 

 

 “And what do you think of me?” Luhan asked with a tired chuckle. “A nuisance, perhaps?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Far from it actually,” Sehun replied in a calm tone. “I’ve always wondered who in their right mind would go out with Jinho. He’s much of an and I’m pretty much surprised when I saw you. Someone like you could get someone infinitely better, someone who really loves you. There are people lining up just to spend a little time with you. Look around.”

 

 

True to his words, visitors of the said café were staring at them blatantly and only looking away after Luhan had caught them red-handed. He smiled sweetly at a teenage boy who blushed and immediately choked on his drink. Sehun’s not lying.

 

 

 

There’s a split second of moment when Sehun saw Luhan bit his lips anxiously before returning back to normal.

“Well I’ll take that as a compliment.” Luhan smiled gratefully. “But I do wish you would tell no one about this whole conversation. After all, I’m still playing the part as the boyfriend and he’s been very active in spreading our relationship status to anyone he knows. And until I finally made up my mind, I’ll tell him myself.”
Or in other words, Sehun suspects its about an impending break up.

From that one hour, Sehun had learned that Luhan’s very patient, never demanding nor trying to get attention. He’s too good of an actor and Sehun almost bought his lies.

 

 

 

 

 

“Anyway, we haven’t introduced ourselves properly yet, more like formally.” Luhan said, trying to divert the attention away from him. He extended a hand across the table. Sehun thought it was inappropriate to reject so he extended his own and shook hands. “I’m Luhan, people say I look ten but I’m actually 25. I really like you a lot, it’s great to meet someone honest for once.”

 

 

 

Sehun did not pay attention to the words but more to the delicate expanse of Luhan’s palm brushing against his hands, his smooth dainty fingers wrapping in a firm shake and loosen the hold after his introduction.

 

“Oh Sehun, it’s pleasant to finally meet you in person. Jinho couldn’t shut his mouth in the office about you. People say I look thirty but I’m actually younger than you by a year. That pretty much sums up my life.”

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan chuckled and stared right into Sehun’s eyes, orbs gleaming and sparkling beautifully by the light reflection. For the first time that day, Sehun saw the most honest expression on the other’s flawless face, lips quirking up in the most attractive smile and doe eyes forming crescents when he smiled.

 

 

“You’re cute, Sehun.” Luhan comments offhandedly but remains sincere in his praise.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun gave himself a mental pat in the back for making the older male a bit relaxed during their conversation. When Luhan was sipping his own share of drink, Sehun glanced back to where Jinho was standing outside. But to his surprise, Jinho was not alone and seems to be standing at an alley further from the cafe. A girl, long black hair and skimpy dress adorning her body, was giggling flirtatiously and Jinho was more than happy with the attention he was given. The male’s hand was all over her and Sehun did not have the heart to tell Luhan.

 

 

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Luhan asked, noticing Sehun had spaced out. He was about to turn around and face the floor-to-ceiling window when Sehun immediately held his hand.

 

 

 

 

Bewildered, Luhan forgot his original intention and stared at the bigger hand enveloping his own. Sehun quickly retracted his hand and rubbed his nape sheepishly.

 

“Ah, sorry I surprised you. I was thinking if you wanted to order your favorite green tea latte. Lunch time is almost over and the promo is going to end after 3 p.m. If you want, then you should order now.”

 

 

 

Luhan stared at him wide-eyed, “How did… how did you know I liked it? Jinho didn’t even know….”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I told you before, I observe more than regular people. You paid attention to the menu of green tea drinks longer but decided to order normal coffee because Jinho was right beside you. For some reason you didn’t order what you wanted and just choose something safe. When a waitress pass while carrying a tray of those green-colored drink, you couldn’t take your eyes off of it.”

 

 

 

Luhan smiled, “thought you’re a detective there, great deduction.”

 

 

Sehun smiled but eyes darted back to Jinho again, heavily making out with the previous girl without shame and pushed her up against a wall of the tiny alley.

 

 

 

“You should buy what you want,” Sehun encouraged. “Get what you please, order what you like. Life is about being free isn’t it? Don’t mind about other people, don’t mind Jinho. He doesn’t own you.”

 

 

 

Although surprised at such words, Luhan nodded nonetheless. “It’s not that easy but I guess I’ll try.”

 He called a waitress and ordered his drink happily, grinning like a child while waiting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After another half an hour, Jinho returned. Sehun saw him wiping away the red lipstick stains all over his face and neck and sat next to Luhan like he had not just kissed another girl back there.

 

They bid farewell after that, with Luhan wishing to meet again later and Sehun praying to the gods up there to let Luhan be happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They do meet again a month later. In a 24 hour mini market, Sehun buying a whole bunch of midnight snacks and Luhan was a crying mess. This time, without a certain male named Jinho.