Final

Bus (Tzuyu x You)

Eunmin’s POV

I glance on my watch. It’s 3.45 in the afternoon and the bus would arrive shortly. I shove my hands in my jacket’s pocket to keep warm from this cold weather. Seconds later, from a distance I heard the loud noise coming from a bus. I look up and it is my bus ride home.

As the bus park at it respective spot, the door open and some people are getting off the bus. I waited for them to clear the way. I bowed to the driver which he returned with a warm smile and a slight bow before I slot a 500 won in a box beside the driver’s seat.

I sat on the third row of the right side of the bus. I place my bag on my lap and took out my earpiece. I listen to the music from my phone while looking at the city’s view which I never get bored at looking. There’s just something that is so mesmerizing about the city.

Then the bus stop at its next station. Same as before, some people are getting off and new ones come in. I didn’t bother to look at them because I might not know any of them. Then, I feel the empty space beside me shifted. I turn my head and saw a girl wearing Hanlim Multi Arts School uniform. She notice me looking at her so she bowed and smiled at me. I faintly smile and bow slightly before I look outside again.

 

Tzuyu’s POV

I ride the bus going home to my neighborhood and am hoping for Eunmin to be there, sitting at his usual spot. He has been missing for the past weeks because of his semester breaks and I really miss him.

When the bus arrive, I look at the window at where he is usually seated and I felt happy when he is there, with his earpiece on. I get on the bus, bowed to the driver and went to sit beside him. I sense his eyes are looking at me so I turn to him and bowed with a smile. When he smiled, I feel tingling inside my stomach. I smiled and look at the front then I felt sleepy all of a sudden so I decided to take a little nap.

 

No One’s POV

Eunmin was still looking out the window when he felt a weight on his shoulder. He turn to the left and saw that the girl had landed her head on his shoulder. He can smell the strawberry scent from her hair. He shook his head off the thought and tried to wake her up but she has no response. After several failed attempt he just let her on his shoulder.

The bus almost arrive at his neighborhood. He took off his earpiece then turn to the soundly sleeping girl.

“Miss, wake up,” he tap her cheek lightly. Tzuyu groan and snuggled more into his neck. He chuckled then tap her cheek again. “Miss, if you don’t wake up, I’m going to miss my station.”

Tzuyu groaned then sat up straight and rub her left eye which Eunmin find it cute. The bus stop at the station and Eunmin stood up. Tzuyu look at him strangely and realize they have arrived. She swing her bag over her shoulder then stood up going to the front of the bus.

“So, she live in my neighborhood too,” Eunmin furrowed his brow then quickly get off the bus after thanking the driver.

 

Tzuyu’s POV

I quickly got off the bus and as soon I got off, I realized I’m not in my neighborhood. It’s Eunmin’s neighborhood. I quickly pull my out my phone and dial a number while I walk to the bus waiting area.

“Hello, Nayeon unnie?”

“What is it Tzuyu-ah?” I heard her, she sounded sleepy.

“I, kind of got off at the wrong bus station. Can you pick me up?”

“Ehh, how come?”

“I’ll tell you later and can you please hurry? I’m freezing,” I embrace my body with my left arm and rub my right arm to lessen the coldness. Nayeon unnie hang up the call and after that I send her my location.

“So, you’re not from this neighborhood?”

I was startled by the sudden voice that I jump slightly. I turn around and saw Eunmin with wide eyes, maybe shocked from my reaction. Later, he just chuckled and sat on the bench.

“Aren’t your leg tired of standing?” he patted the bench and I sat a meter away from him.

We are in a silence. I don’t know why he didn’t go straight home. Perhaps, he wants to accompany me? But that means he knows I got off at the wrong station?! AHH! So embarrassing!

“Why are you still here?” I broke the dead silence air. I can see he turn his head to my direction.

“I’m waiting for someone,” he said calmly. Someone? Who? His girlfriend? His wife?

“S-Someone? Who?” I quickly cover my mouth. I shouldn’t have asked that, I look like a stalker! “S-Sorry, just ignore that.” I heard him chuckle and gosh, it’s like a melody to my ears.

“It’s okay. She’s my noona.”

Suddenly we heard a car honking and we look at the car that is park right in front of us. The door to the driver’s seat open and a lady with a long jet-black hair and a black shades step out of the car. She is heading towards Eunmin.

“Eunmin-ah. Sorry I’m late. Have you been waiting long?” she asked as she stood in front of him and took off the shades. Eunmin stood up and shook his head.

“Nah, I have someone to talk to,” he point and look at me. I quickly stood up and bowed to the lady. The lady turn to me and smile at me while returning my bow.

“Come on, let’s go,” the lady said as she got in the car. Eunmin nodded and went to me.

“Well, see you next time Tzuyu-ssi,” he smiled, showing his dimples. I was shocked that he knows my name. I was in a trance that I didn’t realize he had already left. I look at the car, driving away from the bus waiting area.

 

Eunmin’s POV

As I stand in front of her, I can see her name tag. So her name is Chou Tzuyu. Beautiful name same as the person. I bid farewell to her and went inside the car. As the car drove off, I look at Tzuyu until I didn’t see her anymore.

“So, she’s the girl you’ve been talking to me about?” Krystal spoke while focusing on the road.

I sat straight on my seat and nodded with a smile. Honestly, when she sat beside me on the bus, I was feeling very nervous and even more when she leans her head on my shoulder.

Krystal is my older sister from a different mother. She’s the one who has been taking care of me since our parents passed away in a car accident. She is 2 years older than me and I love her. I won’t let anyone hurt her.

*sound of stomach grumbling*

I look at her and her face is red as a tomato. I laughed at her as she held her stomach to stop it from making the noise.

“Shut up dork,” she slap my thigh when we stop on a red light.

I wiped my tears as my laughter gradually died down. I smiled at her and said, “Let’s grab a dinner.”

She smiled and nodded. The light turn green and she went to the restaurant where we usually go. The Liu’s Palace.

 

The next morning

 

Eunmin’s POV

I’m not taking the bus to college today because Krystal is driving me there since today is her off day.

“Noona, I’ll ride the bus home later so you take a rest,” I told her after I unbuckled my seat belt.

“You want to be with Tzuyu again?” she show me her sly smile and I blush at her revelation that I covered my mouth with my palm. “W-What are you talking about? I’m going,” I went out of the car after I kiss her cheek and bid her goodbye. I can hear her laugh inside my head.

 

Tzuyu’s POV

I woke up feeling excited because of the thought that Eunmin will sit with me. I bid goodbye to Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon unnie after I finish my breakfast and skipped my way to the bus waiting area.

The bus arrive and I sat at my yesterday’s spot. Eunmin’s stop would be the next stop after me. I look at my watch and it take the bus less than 10 minutes to arrive at his neighborhood.

I observe every passengers that are getting on the bus but I didn’t see him. I look outside thinking that he must be running late. Seconds later, the bus began to move and there is no sight of him. I sigh and pouted then slump down in my seats. Why he isn’t taking the bus?

 

No One’s POV

As soon as class finish, Eunmin rush to the bus waiting area. He look at his watch when he had arrived. 3.45 PM. The bus will arrive soon, he thought. He sat on the bench while breathing heavily and trying to relax his fast-beating heart.

Minutes later, the bus arrived and Eunmin get on the bus, bowed to the driver and slot in 500 won inside the box. He went to the back and sat on his yesterday’s seat. The bus move to its next stop, where Tzuyu would be waiting.

The bus stop and just like Tzuyu, he observe every passengers that are getting on the bus. Where is she? He thought and when the last passenger get on the bus, it move.

“She’s not taking the bus home?” he whispered and sigh.

At that time, Tzuyu has just got in to Nayeon’s car who was driving her home. She saw the bus but just shrugged it when she thought that Eunmin won’t be riding the bus home.

-----

Day turns to week and week turn to months, that is how long they haven’t met each other and also rode the bus. They both miss each other’s company and wishes that the day they talk at the bus waiting area, they had confess their feelings maybe they won’t feel empty like this.

-----

“Eunmin-ah, I won’t be able to ride you to school tomorrow,” Krystal said as they were having dinner in the dining area. Eunmin suddenly cough which startles the older girl. She quickly pass him the water and rub his back. “Yah, are you okay?”

Eunmin nodded his head and Krystal went back to her seat. She look at the younger boy with furrowed brows then a sly smile creep on her face.

“Does the thought of riding the bus shocked you?” she wiggled her brows.

“Shut up noona and eat your meal, it’s getting cold,” he said while covering his mouth with his palm.

The next morning, Eunmin went out early and is already at the bus waiting area. He sat on the bench and played with his phone. Later, the bus arrive and he went on the bus, greet the driver, slot in a 500 won and then his eyes automatically look at his usual seats.

He smiled because the girl he’s been missing is there sitting on her usual seat. Tzuyu was to focus on her phone that she didn’t notice Eunmin standing beside her.

“Hey,” he greet her. Tzuyu stop playing with her phone and look up. She is surprised, that’s what he can tell, but her feelings not even Tzuyu herself can explain.

“Eunmin, you’re back!” she stood up and hug him tightly. He chuckle and circle his arms around her waist.

“I was never away.”

They stare at each other when someone clear their throat. They look at the driver who smiled mischievously at them. They bowed apologetically to the driver and the passengers in the bus for delaying the ride.

-----

DONE! 💙